Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spanishdale. 19:17 - Jun 15 with 32403 viewsBeckWMG

Good evening.

I'd like to have everyone's opinion on an idea myself and a fellow Dale fan came up with.
I don't post on here often but you may or may not know me better as "Jonny Vimto" on twitter.

If you post often on twitter you will be well aware of the loveable Spanishdale, who's dream it is to come and watch the mighty Dale one day.

I asked him casually on twitter about it the other day offering him full board at my gaff if he could enquire about the flights.
He gracefully turned my offer down, I think he was a little embarrassed or maybe cannot afford the flights (total guess btw)

I got chatting to Darren Roy or @Dazzler36 on twitter (Sorry Darren don't know your UN on here) and we thought it would be a lovely gesture if a few of us could put our hand in our pocket and try and get the lad over here.

Darren has got the bare bones of a GoFundMe page ready to go but just wanted to gauge everyone's
opinion on here first.

If it did get off the ground then it would be lovely for the lad to have a weekend watching the Dale and maybe meet the players and have a tour of the ground etc.

Just a quick ball park figure, Sept flights to Manchester and back are £100.

Anyway, your thoughts please.

Up the Dale.

@bluejonnyvimto
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 19:19]
Spanishdale. on 01:31 - Jul 8 with 4316 viewsTVOS1907

Spanishdale. on 00:17 - Jul 8 by TalkingSutty

Excellent effort this.... just waiting for Roccy to set up a crowdfunding page for a reciprocal trip back to Spain, he was walking around Littleborough today in a Barca shirt!!😀

Probably looking for somewhere to park!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Spanishdale. on 07:28 - Jul 8 with 4255 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 21:11 - Jul 7 by roccydaleian

Is he any good at quizzing?

Can't be any worse than me!
Spanishdale. on 07:36 - Jul 8 with 4250 viewsColDale

Given the funds that have been raised, is it worth seeing if he wants to bring a friend with him? Might be a touch intimidating for a young lad to travel hundreds of miles on his own on the basis of a few people on the internet.
Spanishdale. (n/t) on 07:41 - Jul 8 with 4244 viewsTalkingSutty

Spanishdale. on 07:36 - Jul 8 by ColDale

Given the funds that have been raised, is it worth seeing if he wants to bring a friend with him? Might be a touch intimidating for a young lad to travel hundreds of miles on his own on the basis of a few people on the internet.

[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 8:19]
Spanishdale. on 11:07 - Jul 8 with 4129 viewssouthealingdale

Just chipped a tenner in. Great job organising it. Brilliant.

@upthedale on Twitter

Spanishdale. on 16:01 - Jul 8 with 3977 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 07:36 - Jul 8 by ColDale

Thought that myself Col so put that to him. He seems happy to come by himself.

The WhatsApp group I've created isn't exclusive. If anyone wants adding just get in touch with your number and I'll add you. I've given him instruction of how to log on here and contribute and hopefully he'll get round to doing that.

An alternative to using the money wisely could even be for him to come over twice!
Spanishdale. on 16:09 - Jul 8 with 3965 viewsD_Alien

Spanishdale. on 16:01 - Jul 8 by BeckWMG

The WhatsApp group I've created isn't exclusive. If anyone wants adding just get in touch with your number and I'll add you. I've given him instruction of how to log on here and contribute and hopefully he'll get round to doing that.

An alternative to using the money wisely could even be for him to come over twice!

He probably did that when he heard about the offer (Sorry!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spanishdale. on 17:14 - Jul 8 with 3912 viewsJames1980

How about a home and an away fixture?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Spanishdale. on 17:53 - Jul 8 with 3886 viewsnordenblue

Spanishdale. on 16:01 - Jul 8 by BeckWMG

You have pm
Spanishdale. on 21:14 - Jul 8 with 3771 viewsfrenzied

Spanishdale. on 17:53 - Jul 8 by nordenblue

You have pm

Hope he can get over fairly early in the season before the winter snap kicks in..last thing we want is a postponed fixture
Spanishdale. on 21:37 - Jul 8 with 3754 viewschalkyncfc

Spanishdale. on 17:53 - Jul 8 by nordenblue

You have pm

And from me
Spanishdale. on 08:11 - Jul 9 with 3636 viewsVivaDonaldo

Given the extra money perhaps an Ifollow account to watch the games live?
Spanishdale. on 11:20 - Jul 9 with 3515 viewsColDale

Thanks to a donated season ticket from Rosun, the Trust will sort out his match ticket to the home game he chooses to attend.
Spanishdale. on 14:07 - Jul 9 with 3443 viewsBrierls

Spanishdale. on 08:11 - Jul 9 by VivaDonaldo

Are you allowed to access the live feeds from outside the UK? It's a great idea if you can.
Spanishdale. on 14:12 - Jul 9 with 3438 viewsboromat

Spanishdale. on 14:07 - Jul 9 by Brierls

Are you allowed to access the live feeds from outside the UK? It's a great idea if you can.

You can!! So yes great idea. I think the only exceptions are if a match is shown on a TV channel.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Spanishdale. on 20:40 - Jul 9 with 3268 viewsPDIDDY

Spanishdale. on 14:12 - Jul 9 by boromat

You can!! So yes great idea. I think the only exceptions are if a match is shown on a TV channel.

How do I Give to this great fund raiser, a Spaniard who loves dale, message me whoever is collecting and I will donate, can't beat giving

Gissa job

Spanishdale. on 22:33 - Jul 9 with 3204 viewsboromat

Spanishdale. on 20:40 - Jul 9 by PDIDDY

How do I Give to this great fund raiser, a Spaniard who loves dale, message me whoever is collecting and I will donate, can't beat giving

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darren-roy

The more the better.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Spanishdale. on 22:57 - Jul 9 with 3177 viewsR17ALE

PD. Your last post reeks of someone desperately trying to claw back the respectability you sort of had.

You've blown your cover with recent antics on other threads however. You are a tvvat of the highest order. Sandy Drum has put it very well all day. Call me what you like. I really don't give a fook what an attention seeking, failed, middle-aged bucket calls me on a Dale forum. Slag of my Mum if you want. Or do a joke about IS, like one of your lot did when IS lopped off Ken Bigley's head in 2004. I've been around here a lot longer than you.

Glad you've been logged on here all day. Some of us drop by on occasion just to put the world to right. And I've put you to right. Bog off dickhead.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Spanishdale. on 11:50 - Jul 10 with 2915 viewsstigmundo77

please add me to wassap group
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 13:28]
Spanishdale. on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 2724 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 11:50 - Jul 10 by stigmundo77

please add me to wassap group
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 13:28]

Can you send me your mobile on a PM or a DM on twitter to @bluejonnyvimto if you go on there.
Spanishdale. on 08:32 - Jul 11 with 2449 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 08:11 - Jul 9 by VivaDonaldo

That's a great idea pal. Something I will look in to straight away. 👍

Chatting to him daily now on WhatsApp. 5 people in the group now. Anyone else want to join and get to know SpanishDale (and other Dale fans) then drop me a PM or DM @bluejonnyvimto on twitter
Spanishdale. on 08:34 - Jul 11 with 2447 viewsBeckWMG

Spanishdale. on 11:20 - Jul 9 by ColDale

Thanks to a donated season ticket from Rosun, the Trust will sort out his match ticket to the home game he chooses to attend.

Thanks to Rosun for the donated ticket and thanks to Col for facilitating. Brilliant stuff.
Spanishdale. on 17:36 - Jul 11 with 2273 viewsBeckWMG

Link to the article published a short time ago by Rochdale Online

https://t.co/LTGJRvLgRq?ssr=true

Hopefully it will work.
Spanishdale. on 18:56 - Jul 11 with 2237 viewsColDale

Dear Dale Fans:

I wanted to write a letter to say thank you to all of you because I can’t respond all coments I’ve seen in the first post when Jonny asked If somebody wanted to be part and in the second when in RochdaleAFC.com talks about me.

Firstly I wanna say THANK YOU for all comments like “We love you here” “I’m in” “Let’s do it”, Sorry If I’m late writing something but I’ve felt surpassed with this, It’s true I wanted to go to Rochdale but I was thinking about get a job, take money and go there, not about this, this is massive!!

I can’t even explain my feelings now, this is incredible how you all have worked together to do this, I feel so grateful for everything, I read many comments where you all say “I can’t wait to get you over here” and I feel the same, this is so special because I’ve never thought that this could happen.

I have to admit it, these days I’ve thought if I deserved this, that why I wanna say THANK YOU. You all are the best, thank you for this opportunity. I can’t wait to scream with you all at spotland

SpanishDale/Jesus Sanchez
Spanishdale. on 22:35 - Jul 11 with 2080 viewsR17ALE

Spanishdale. on 18:56 - Jul 11 by ColDale

Dear Dale Fans:

I wanted to write a letter to say thank you to all of you because I can’t respond all coments I’ve seen in the first post when Jonny asked If somebody wanted to be part and in the second when in RochdaleAFC.com talks about me.

Firstly I wanna say THANK YOU for all comments like “We love you here” “I’m in” “Let’s do it”, Sorry If I’m late writing something but I’ve felt surpassed with this, It’s true I wanted to go to Rochdale but I was thinking about get a job, take money and go there, not about this, this is massive!!

I can’t even explain my feelings now, this is incredible how you all have worked together to do this, I feel so grateful for everything, I read many comments where you all say “I can’t wait to get you over here” and I feel the same, this is so special because I’ve never thought that this could happen.

I have to admit it, these days I’ve thought if I deserved this, that why I wanna say THANK YOU. You all are the best, thank you for this opportunity. I can’t wait to scream with you all at spotland

SpanishDale/Jesus Sanchez

I hope you replied to him Col, in a schoolmasterly way, to tell him it's called the Crown Oil Arena these days. These bloody "Europeans", can't be arsed getting our ground's name right! What's going on?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024