Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proposed rule changes 11:24 - Jun 18 with 1996 viewsboromat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889

Not a fan of reduced Half's to 30 minutes and stopping the clock when it goes out of play. The main problem with time wasting at the moment isn't so much the loss of time but the slowing down of play and this rule would effectively make taking your time when the ball goes out of play acceptable.

Thoughts?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Proposed rule changes on 12:20 - Jun 18 with 1958 viewsisitme

Really like the stadium clock idea. It ends the time wasting for injuries and substitutions and has worked well in rugby for years.
Proposed rule changes on 12:40 - Jun 18 with 1932 viewsTVOS1907

Proposed rule changes on 12:20 - Jun 18 by isitme

Really like the stadium clock idea. It ends the time wasting for injuries and substitutions and has worked well in rugby for years.

How would that work in Sunday League football?

Or are they proposing different laws for different levels of the game?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Proposed rule changes on 12:56 - Jun 18 with 1911 viewsseasidedale

I think they should keep the 45 mins, but the idea of goal kicks on the side it goes out is good. I would like to see a rule at throw in, the nearest player of the team who won the throw in has to take it, maybe even time limit it. stopping the clock at proposed ideas is good
Proposed rule changes on 14:51 - Jun 18 with 1826 viewssoulboy

Proposed rule changes on 12:56 - Jun 18 by seasidedale

I think they should keep the 45 mins, but the idea of goal kicks on the side it goes out is good. I would like to see a rule at throw in, the nearest player of the team who won the throw in has to take it, maybe even time limit it. stopping the clock at proposed ideas is good

Goal kicks used to be taken on the side that the ball went out, it was changed its present rule in order to speed the game up. However, If the defending team is winning with a few minutes left, the kick is often taken from the opposite side to waste time.
Proposed rule changes on 16:16 - Jun 18 with 1773 viewspioneer

I dont like tinkering with the laws of the game (note laws not rules). there is not much wrong with the game at present that coudnt be fixed by proper enforcement of current laws. But the authorities will not support referees who choose to do that. Let the referee control added time and encourage him/her to do that effectively for injuries (real or fake), goals and substitutions. Its a joke that added time is always ' a minimum' of a round number on minutes.

These old men sit around tables with their scotch and cigars wondering what they can do to justify their existence. 'I know, lets remove the requirement that the ball be kicked forward at a kick off.' What exactly was that supposed to achive to improve the game...and has it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024