Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst football ever played 06:58 - Jul 13 with 3936 viewsCamdenDale

An Italian magazine has declared this 20 seconds of action between Manchester City and QPR in 1993 to be the worst football ever played.

Worth the copy and paste...

The worst football ever played on 07:30 - Jul 13 with 3906 viewsjoecooke

Pretty dire but nothing compared to us in the late70s/ early 80s

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

The worst football ever played on 10:47 - Jul 13 with 3819 viewsD_Alien

The worst football ever played on 07:30 - Jul 13 by joecooke

Pretty dire but nothing compared to us in the late70s/ early 80s

Spoonhead would've been proud of that miss

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The worst football ever played on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 3803 viewsSuddenLad

They've clearly never been to Giggle Lane.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The worst football ever played on 13:35 - Jul 13 with 3692 viewsmingthemerciless

Worse game I can recall was a Lancashire Senior Cup match at Spotland against Oldham many years ago. It was a cold wet night and the football was dire in the extreme. It was goal less at full time so they were playing extra time.

My pal said to me " I'm glad it's extra time, they should make 'em play till they drop !"

An old bloke was stood in front of us and he turned around and said - " Nay lads, they should make 'em play till they score, it'll take longer !"
The worst football ever played on 14:07 - Jul 13 with 3659 viewspioneer

The worst football ever played on 13:35 - Jul 13 by mingthemerciless

Worse game I can recall was a Lancashire Senior Cup match at Spotland against Oldham many years ago. It was a cold wet night and the football was dire in the extreme. It was goal less at full time so they were playing extra time.

My pal said to me " I'm glad it's extra time, they should make 'em play till they drop !"

An old bloke was stood in front of us and he turned around and said - " Nay lads, they should make 'em play till they score, it'll take longer !"

For anyone who has watched dale for more than 15 years there are too many to choose from, sadly.

December 1974 Hartlepool away (0-5) - two days before Xmas, freezing cold rain blowing in from the Soviet Union and I had a bad dose of flu to make it worse

February 1973 Huddersfield away (0-5) - it wasnt even men against boys, boys could have done better

Annual defeats to low level non league teams in the FA Cup (mostly at home), Bangor, Grantham, Droyelsden, Altrincham, scarborough........

Pick any trip to Torquay in the 1970s, I went to most of them ! The supporters coach stayed until after pubs/clubs shut and i think the fans scored more than the team. In fact I never saw us score a goal there during that period. At least the fans left it until after the game to go clubbing, players played like they'd been clubbing the night before.

We should never forget those times - there was a great group of folks on the supporters bus and those memories make us appreciate even more what we pay to watch today.
The worst football ever played on 19:55 - Jul 13 with 3490 viewsseasidedale

Remember the torquay trips well, I wa on the supporter club (1975) comittee then so we were pretty much involved with the late stays. Also that Hartlepool game, coldest I have ever been at a football match, mmany of the games in the 73-74 relegation season would also qualify
The worst football ever played on 20:11 - Jul 13 with 3479 viewspioneer

The worst football ever played on 19:55 - Jul 13 by seasidedale

Remember the torquay trips well, I wa on the supporter club (1975) comittee then so we were pretty much involved with the late stays. Also that Hartlepool game, coldest I have ever been at a football match, mmany of the games in the 73-74 relegation season would also qualify

You probably remember the torquay trip were one of our lot went missing and those running the bus went searching local hostelries for him at 1am Sunday morning.

He never made it but from all accounts he made up that night for what the team lacked in scoring!

And lets not forget Moggy streaking through the motorway service station on a Newport trip.
The worst football ever played on 21:16 - Jul 13 with 3430 viewsHopwoodblue

The worst football ever played on 19:55 - Jul 13 by seasidedale

Afternoon game in the park before the Saturday evening ko Young Baywaters dad used to more often than not drive the coach. Was only talking the other day about leaving Sailor behind on one occasion because we didn't know where he was and he had to get the train home the next day. Used to get off at Sudden just as it was getting light and walk up Bolton Road home to Heywood absoutley shattered.
Happy days !

Always made to feel very welcome in the club had some cracking nights in there after the game as well.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

The worst football ever played on 10:38 - Jul 20 with 2956 viewssoulboy

The worst football ever played on 20:11 - Jul 13 by pioneer

You probably remember the torquay trip were one of our lot went missing and those running the bus went searching local hostelries for him at 1am Sunday morning.

He never made it but from all accounts he made up that night for what the team lacked in scoring!

And lets not forget Moggy streaking through the motorway service station on a Newport trip.

Moggys streak (though he was wearing Doc Martins and a Dale scarf round his neck if i remember correctly) was superbly finished as he ran up to two old women who were sat enjoying a mixed grill and roared as loud as Moggy could " Hey missus i bet youll never eat sausages again!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024