Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill's reflection on Tenerife 19:31 - Jul 14 with 8688 viewsBallastBoy

Keith seems a bit reflective and down on his interview about the week in Tenerife. Spoke about up to 6 players who are just not developing and consistently on the wrong side of competent (ok I made that bit up). Said he will look to meet with them and possible move these players on, as they are constantly involved in losing games, not putting the work in etc...

I have no clue who they could be... but suspect there may be surprises in this list... maybe Cannon?
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 19:57 - Jul 14 with 5113 viewsTVOS1907

Is this in his iFollow interview or elsewhere? The diaries have suggested everything has been great all week.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 20:22 - Jul 14 with 5062 viewsvisualman

He also said He was looking for a left back due to a knee injury to Joe B
He does not want to wait he wants to hit the ground running unlike last year
Possible 3 players out and 3 in the next few weeks will decide what happens to them
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 20:39 - Jul 14 with 5008 viewsfitzochris

The diaries have painted a picture of complete unity. A choice paragraph from the most recent:

"Walking through the airport, I felt an unbelievable sense of pride as I spotted groups of our lads in their stirking blue training kit. I thought to myself, these are our boys and they’ve represented the club impeccably during this trip. They have been real credit to us all."

That has been typical of the message coming from the camp all week.

Granted, this is Leighanne's own point of view, but it is completely at odds with what the OP suggests is in the latest Hill interview.

Where can this be read/listened to/watched?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 21:02 - Jul 14 with 4945 viewsrkershaw

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 20:39 - Jul 14 by fitzochris

The diaries have painted a picture of complete unity. A choice paragraph from the most recent:

"Walking through the airport, I felt an unbelievable sense of pride as I spotted groups of our lads in their stirking blue training kit. I thought to myself, these are our boys and they’ve represented the club impeccably during this trip. They have been real credit to us all."

That has been typical of the message coming from the camp all week.

Granted, this is Leighanne's own point of view, but it is completely at odds with what the OP suggests is in the latest Hill interview.

Where can this be read/listened to/watched?

Bullsh1tboy more like!!!
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 21:19 - Jul 14 with 4889 viewsvisualman

All this is on the official website under the videos section
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 21:52 - Jul 14 with 4782 viewsrkershaw

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 21:19 - Jul 14 by visualman

All this is on the official website under the videos section

You mean the videos you have to subscribe to?? Diary confirms injuries!!
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 22:00 - Jul 14 with 4762 viewsfitzochris

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 21:52 - Jul 14 by rkershaw

You mean the videos you have to subscribe to?? Diary confirms injuries!!

Aye, to watch the video you need to subscribe to iFollow, which I refuse to do based on the unreliability of its predecessor.

The diary confirmed the two injuries and the transcript of the Hill interview made no reference to what the OP alludes to.

Shame this content isn't available to all supporters.

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 22:30 - Jul 14 with 4677 viewsFrog

I'd be very surprised by this as KH seems a lot more astute than to take 6 players who may not be up to the task on what I imagine is an expensive trip.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 4631 viewsBallastBoy

Eye I wanted that username but it's already taken by your lover ....

😳
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 23:40 - Jul 14 with 4543 viewsisitme

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 22:00 - Jul 14 by fitzochris

Aye, to watch the video you need to subscribe to iFollow, which I refuse to do based on the unreliability of its predecessor.

The diary confirmed the two injuries and the transcript of the Hill interview made no reference to what the OP alludes to.

Shame this content isn't available to all supporters.

All the interviews are free to watch. You just need to create an iFollow account which does not require you to supply any card details.

Hill does mention that some players are not doing what he wants, although he has done this in the past as a form of kick up the backside. I suppose time will tell regarding and departures. He also mentions that he is after a left back as Bunney looks to have quite a serious injury.
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 23:56 - Jul 14 with 4515 viewsD_Alien

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 23:40 - Jul 14 by isitme

All the interviews are free to watch. You just need to create an iFollow account which does not require you to supply any card details.

Hill does mention that some players are not doing what he wants, although he has done this in the past as a form of kick up the backside. I suppose time will tell regarding and departures. He also mentions that he is after a left back as Bunney looks to have quite a serious injury.

The Dale squad returning from the summer training camp with at least one major long-term injury is becoming depressingly familiar

It's unlikely there are stats available on how other clubs are affected by similar rates of injury but I bet we'd be near the top of that particular league

Either we're just dead unlucky or there's something fundamental about the training methods. We used to have a good sports scientist attached to the club but not sure whether we have someone or how much input they'd have

Whatever, it looks like we'll be starting the season with an uncertain defensive line up, again. Wonder if Kitching has "trained on" as they say...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill's reflection on Tenerife (n/t) on 07:23 - Jul 15 with 4342 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 23:56 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

The Dale squad returning from the summer training camp with at least one major long-term injury is becoming depressingly familiar

It's unlikely there are stats available on how other clubs are affected by similar rates of injury but I bet we'd be near the top of that particular league

Either we're just dead unlucky or there's something fundamental about the training methods. We used to have a good sports scientist attached to the club but not sure whether we have someone or how much input they'd have

Whatever, it looks like we'll be starting the season with an uncertain defensive line up, again. Wonder if Kitching has "trained on" as they say...

[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 7:40]
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 07:54 - Jul 15 with 4296 viewsColDale

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 23:56 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

I don't think we've ever done too bad for injuries under Hill. It's very rare for him to sign a player with a history of injuries. Some of the injuries we had were impact injuries like Allen, Andrew and Bunney where there's not a great deal of you can do to prevent. What other injuries did we have? Lillis and Lund but did we have many others?

Davies is the exception. The argument will be that if he didn't have injury issues, then we wouldn't have been able to sign him in the first place, You could see how Hill treated him with kid gloves last year - think he played all ninety minutes just three times throughout the season. My worry with Davies is that we just about got the best out of him last season, and we'll see even less of him this year. Hope I'm wrong.
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 08:27 - Jul 15 with 4238 viewsmacro

Injuries are an unfortunate part of football, the shame is that the injury has occurred in our weakest area of the pitch.
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 08:45 - Jul 15 with 4199 viewsD_Alien

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 07:54 - Jul 15 by ColDale

I don't think we've ever done too bad for injuries under Hill. It's very rare for him to sign a player with a history of injuries. Some of the injuries we had were impact injuries like Allen, Andrew and Bunney where there's not a great deal of you can do to prevent. What other injuries did we have? Lillis and Lund but did we have many others?

Davies is the exception. The argument will be that if he didn't have injury issues, then we wouldn't have been able to sign him in the first place, You could see how Hill treated him with kid gloves last year - think he played all ninety minutes just three times throughout the season. My worry with Davies is that we just about got the best out of him last season, and we'll see even less of him this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Last season's campaign came to a shuddering halt due to a whole series of injuries early in the new year, and that certainly falls under the "dead unlucky" label. We recovered sufficiently to make a pop at the playoffs, which otherwise would've been made comfortably

Impact injuries will happen. My concern is that the pre-season, whilst being great for squad morale (notwithstanding managerial comments) isn't giving the squad enough resilience and this is where a good sports scientist can be worth their weight in gold. We've seen how games were thrown away in the last few minutes. Are the players being worn out by an over-demanding pre-season which results in loss of energy when it really matters? Plus the impact injuries which might occur when being overstretched? I'm simply asking the question, because it is a recurrent feature of pre-season and mid -season

Maybe it has to be this way, to have players performing in a way that sees us "over-achieving" and I'd be the last to argue with that. If that's the case, so be it, but it reinforces my point rather than negates it
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 8:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 4071 views442Dale

Think the surprise coming out from that is how everyone seemed to have had a great week from the reports.

The Bunney thing is a real blow and the inability to deal with his absence last season cost us our place in the top six. Hill knows he has to do better in reacting to the situation than he did then.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:50 - Jul 15 with 4026 viewsdingdangblue

With Bunney's role so vital last season I wonder if Hill will go all out for Matt Done's return?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:11 - Jul 15 with 3981 viewsfitzochris

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:50 - Jul 15 by dingdangblue

With Bunney's role so vital last season I wonder if Hill will go all out for Matt Done's return?

I hope that happens regardless. Done is much better up the pitch, though.

I reckon if Bunney is going to be out for a considerable time, we need a left back in now. Easier said than done. Available full backs are not likely to have had a pre-season unless it's one available on loan. Either way, they'll not have had OUR pre-season in Tenerife. Making do is not an option, as we found out last season.

And what of Moore's injury? That could be just as telling if owt happens to Josh.

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:11 - Jul 15 with 3981 viewsrkershaw

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:50 - Jul 15 by dingdangblue

My sincere apologies Bolloxboy!!;)
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:29 - Jul 15 with 3942 viewsisitme

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:27 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

Think the surprise coming out from that is how everyone seemed to have had a great week from the reports.

The Bunney thing is a real blow and the inability to deal with his absence last season cost us our place in the top six. Hill knows he has to do better in reacting to the situation than he did then.

The reports have pretty much come from the players and Leighanne. I doubt either are going to criticise other players.

Who knows what goes on in Hill's mind. Are the messages mind games to the players? The supporters to 'manage expectancy'? Both? Or the truth? Is it one player not pulling his weight or six? Will two of them be able to turn it around or none?

To me it sounds like the players have done okay over the past week, but as always there are improvements that could be made. The Fylde game today will be interesting to see who starts and who is seemingly out of favour.
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:36 - Jul 15 with 3922 viewsfitzochris

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:29 - Jul 15 by isitme

The reports have pretty much come from the players and Leighanne. I doubt either are going to criticise other players.

Who knows what goes on in Hill's mind. Are the messages mind games to the players? The supporters to 'manage expectancy'? Both? Or the truth? Is it one player not pulling his weight or six? Will two of them be able to turn it around or none?

To me it sounds like the players have done okay over the past week, but as always there are improvements that could be made. The Fylde game today will be interesting to see who starts and who is seemingly out of favour.

I would never expect a club employee to purvey negativity through official channels. That said, Hill himself rarely adheres to that.

That's why I believe we lack, and have done for some time, a strong local reporter.

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:58 - Jul 15 with 3858 views442Dale

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 10:36 - Jul 15 by fitzochris

I would never expect a club employee to purvey negativity through official channels. That said, Hill himself rarely adheres to that.

That's why I believe we lack, and have done for some time, a strong local reporter.

One who was banned from using 'ctrl+C, ctrl+V' would be a start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 11:04 - Jul 15 with 3839 viewsTVOS1907

Have done that. It's still asking for a £45 subscription to watch most of the interviews, in particularly the one being discussed here.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 11:06 - Jul 15 with 3836 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 09:27 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

You forgot to mention the glaringly obvious problem in the middle of the defence, neither Canavan or McNulty are good enough, they are unreliable. Still waiting for a decent centre half to be recruited because Brown isn't one.
Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 11:08 - Jul 15 with 3830 viewsisitme

Hill's reflection on Tenerife on 11:04 - Jul 15 by TVOS1907

Have done that. It's still asking for a £45 subscription to watch most of the interviews, in particularly the one being discussed here.

Interesting as I can currently watch everything and I have not paid anything to iFollow. My account did get migrated over from Daleplayer so maybe I get access until my yearly subscription to Daleplayer ends?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024