Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd Test 11:43 - Jul 15 with 1885 viewsD_Alien

Oh, Jimmy Jimmy...

Showing us, he's still got it

Won't be easy batting for England now with the swinging ball

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2nd Test on 12:03 - Jul 15 with 1858 viewsTVOS1907

You were saying...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2nd Test on 13:05 - Jul 15 with 1814 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant counter-attack, by Root in particular

2nd Test on 10:54 - Jul 16 with 1632 viewsaleanddale

Resilient stuff from SA.

Found some fight from somewhere.

England's turn to look second best.
2nd Test on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 1601 viewsD_Alien

2nd Test on 10:54 - Jul 16 by aleanddale

Resilient stuff from SA.

Found some fight from somewhere.

England's turn to look second best.

Aye, they're not Faf-ing about now

It'll do Root good to have a real test of his captaincy over the series, and maybe just tone down the aggressive batting a touch whilst keeping it positive

2nd Test on 09:39 - Jul 18 with 1454 viewsaleanddale

Got to do better next week.

3 or 4 not fit for purpose.

Jennings Ballance and Dawson definitely out of there depth in the test match arena.

Bat time FFS 3.5 an over netts 315 runs a day.

Bat second in the next test I fear the worse again. They have no patience and the application is pathetic.

4.8 an over but all out 130 is no good for man or beast!
2nd Test on 11:59 - Jul 18 with 1397 viewsD_Alien

2nd Test on 09:39 - Jul 18 by aleanddale

Got to do better next week.

3 or 4 not fit for purpose.

Jennings Ballance and Dawson definitely out of there depth in the test match arena.

Bat time FFS 3.5 an over netts 315 runs a day.

Bat second in the next test I fear the worse again. They have no patience and the application is pathetic.

4.8 an over but all out 130 is no good for man or beast!

I agree. I'm all for being positive when batting, but not under any circumstances, and have to agree also with Michael Vaughan's comment that the performance was disrespectful of test cricket. I'd have been fuming if I'd paid to travel, stay over and the high ticket prices.

If Root is going to make a success of captaincy he needs to be ruthless enough to put friendship aside and have Ballance replaced, possibly with Dawid Malan, but certainly to give the new player enough time to bed in before the Ashes, assuming the series takes place

Huge couple of games now at the Oval and OT

2nd Test on 13:36 - Jul 18 with 1352 viewspioneer

2nd Test on 11:59 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

I agree. I'm all for being positive when batting, but not under any circumstances, and have to agree also with Michael Vaughan's comment that the performance was disrespectful of test cricket. I'd have been fuming if I'd paid to travel, stay over and the high ticket prices.

If Root is going to make a success of captaincy he needs to be ruthless enough to put friendship aside and have Ballance replaced, possibly with Dawid Malan, but certainly to give the new player enough time to bed in before the Ashes, assuming the series takes place

Huge couple of games now at the Oval and OT

I hope the Ashes isnt cancelled - I've got a trip to Brisbane planned for November (1st test).

I suppose there are worse places to be in November, cricket or no cricket.

Anyone else on here had plans to go?
2nd Test on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 1315 viewsaleanddale

2nd Test on 13:36 - Jul 18 by pioneer

I hope the Ashes isnt cancelled - I've got a trip to Brisbane planned for November (1st test).

Lucky fella Pioneer!

On the bucket list but will have to be a retirement thing as would like to spend 2 or 3 months touring following the cricket and seeing the sights.

Unless a Melbourne cricket messageboard sees my message and decides to crowd fund me!! I need to wait until I am 65!!! 16 years to go then!!
Login to get fewer ads

2nd Test on 19:14 - Jul 18 with 1260 viewspioneer

2nd Test on 14:58 - Jul 18 by aleanddale

Lucky fella Pioneer!

On the bucket list but will have to be a retirement thing as would like to spend 2 or 3 months touring following the cricket and seeing the sights.

Unless a Melbourne cricket messageboard sees my message and decides to crowd fund me!! I need to wait until I am 65!!! 16 years to go then!!

No lucky, just a born loser! In am sure Cricket Australia waited to see if I had bought tickets before making the unacceptable offer to the players!

I still have an unused ticket for the Man U v Chelski champions league final in Moscow. I was in Buffalo NY at the time with work and got a 'cheap' flight via Philadelphia - fog in Philadelphia meant the plane never took off from Buffalo!

Bought tickets for men and womens finals at US Open tennis about 8 years ago (before the roof on Arthur Ashe). Clijsters won womens final in 52 minutes on Saturday night and the mens final on Sunday (Djokovic and Nadal I think) was rained off. Had to fly home on Monday. All that way and all that dosh for 52 mins of tennis!

I could write a book but I think it would probably give rise to suicidal tendencies.
2nd Test on 15:00 - Aug 3 with 1104 viewsDaleiLama

2nd Test on 19:14 - Jul 18 by pioneer

No lucky, just a born loser! In am sure Cricket Australia waited to see if I had bought tickets before making the unacceptable offer to the players!

I still have an unused ticket for the Man U v Chelski champions league final in Moscow. I was in Buffalo NY at the time with work and got a 'cheap' flight via Philadelphia - fog in Philadelphia meant the plane never took off from Buffalo!

Bought tickets for men and womens finals at US Open tennis about 8 years ago (before the roof on Arthur Ashe). Clijsters won womens final in 52 minutes on Saturday night and the mens final on Sunday (Djokovic and Nadal I think) was rained off. Had to fly home on Monday. All that way and all that dosh for 52 mins of tennis!

I could write a book but I think it would probably give rise to suicidal tendencies.

For any cricket fans out there, an ace Boycott wind-up, which actually, fair play to him, he took very well!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

2nd Test on 15:39 - Aug 3 with 1066 viewsD_Alien

2nd Test on 15:00 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

For any cricket fans out there, an ace Boycott wind-up, which actually, fair play to him, he took very well!

Yep, that was brilliant! TMS is a great British institution, loved all over the world, and the recent tributes to it's 60th anniversary have included some special archived playbacks that made the hairs stand up on the back of the neck

Hoping the weather holds for the final test at OT. Will be there if the result's in the balance next Tuesday

If Root can instil the toughness demonstrated at the Oval, making us more consistent to add to the flair, it could be an exciting few years under his captaincy

2nd Test on 17:48 - Aug 3 with 1024 viewsAtThePeake

2nd Test on 13:36 - Jul 18 by pioneer

Thought about it but with family in New Zealand have decided to look at going to those tests in Spring of next year instead.

That's if they ever get round to announcing the actual dates.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you Pioneer, sounds like you deserve a bit of luck mate!

Tangled up in blue.

2nd Test on 20:26 - Aug 3 with 954 viewskiwidale

2nd Test on 19:14 - Jul 18 by pioneer

I hope your not going to Portsmouth... you havent bought a season ticket have you?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 20:30]

This is not the time for bickering.

2nd Test on 21:48 - Aug 3 with 916 viewsNigeriamark

2nd Test on 15:00 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

Absolute quality when they told him it was a wind up.
2nd Test on 23:20 - Aug 3 with 892 viewsTVOS1907

Lancs have renamed the Pavilion End as the James Anderson End ahead of tomorrow.

http://www.lccc.co.uk/cricket/news/2017-news/the-pavilion-end-renamed-the-james-

2nd Test on 17:30 - Aug 4 with 791 viewsColDale

Great quote from Shane Warne on commentary this morning "There used to be a place called Bury"
2nd Test on 17:52 - Aug 4 with 774 viewsTVOS1907

2nd Test on 17:30 - Aug 4 by ColDale

Great quote from Shane Warne on commentary this morning "There used to be a place called Bury"

Ha, aye, I heard that this morning. Surprised they haven't petitioned the MCC yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024