Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fylde match thread. 14:47 - Jul 15 with 7180 views442Dale

Lillis, Brown, McGahey, McNulty, Kitching, Camps, Allen, Adshead, Andrew, Inman, Henderson

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fylde match thread. on 15:01 - Jul 15 with 6016 viewsfitzochris

Redshaw is on the bench, named as a trialist. Joe Bunney is in a leg brace.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fylde match thread. on 15:11 - Jul 15 with 5937 viewsRotherhamDale

Is our new keeper injured?

Possession with progression.

Fylde match thread. on 15:18 - Jul 15 with 5883 viewsfitzochris

Fylde match thread. on 15:11 - Jul 15 by RotherhamDale

Is our new keeper injured?

Yep.

Fylde match thread. on 15:48 - Jul 15 with 5711 viewsSuddenLad

HT: 0:0

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fylde match thread. on 16:01 - Jul 15 with 5615 viewsfitzochris

Bunney reckons he'll be out between 4-6 weeks. Gutted.

Fylde match thread. on 16:05 - Jul 15 with 5559 viewsSuddenLad

1-0 Steve Davies

Fylde match thread. on 16:06 - Jul 15 with 5552 views442Dale

1-0 Davies. Great free kick from right hand edge of penalty area

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fylde match thread. on 16:27 - Jul 15 with 5371 viewsSuddenLad

Rafferty and Davies have both hit the crossbar.

Login to get fewer ads

Fylde match thread. on 16:32 - Jul 15 with 5316 viewsKnowlesy

Fylde match thread. on 16:27 - Jul 15 by SuddenLad

Rafferty and Davies have both hit the crossbar.

Has Gillam had a knock? He's gone off only 30 odd minutes after he came on.
Fylde match thread. on 16:42 - Jul 15 with 5193 viewssandy_dale

A "redshaw" comes on for us. Is it Jack?
Fylde match thread. on 16:46 - Jul 15 with 5129 viewsfitzochris

Fylde match thread. on 16:42 - Jul 15 by sandy_dale

A "redshaw" comes on for us. Is it Jack?

Yep.

Fylde match thread. on 16:49 - Jul 15 with 5085 viewsSuddenLad

FT: Dale win 1-0.

Fylde match thread. on 18:13 - Jul 15 with 4624 viewsDaleaholic

I know you can never read into friendlies too much but we were far better in the second half. Rathbone & Cannon's energy shone through and we looked a lot more threatening. Davies was up for it and his goal was excellent.

Adshead, the 15 year old... Will be a very, very good player. He played some fantastic balls today which showed his vision is already up to speed, just the execution of them wasn't matched up to the players he was feeding. Calvin/hendo. Once he's fully grown and bulked out, he will play a massive part in the team.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Fylde match thread. on 18:59 - Jul 15 with 4423 viewsD_Dale

839 there - how many Daleys?

Dale report on OS. Home club report:

AFC Fylde suffered a narrow defeat against League One side Rochdale in the second friendly of the pre-season schedule.

Steve Davies’ second-half free-kick was the difference between the two sides, however the Coasters more than matched their opponents for the majority of the afternoon.

Manager Dave Challinor named a much changed line-up from the side that started at Marine earlier in the week, with a first appearance for goalkeeper Jay Lynch.

The Coasters dominated the opening exchanging and went close to scoring after nine minutes with a move of real quality. Midfielder Sam Finley exchanged passes with Dan Bradley and tricked his way past the last man before seeing his shot from 18 yards well saved by Dale stopper Josh Lillis.

Bradley was looking dangerous in an advanced position and both he and Finley saw shots fizz narrowly wide of the mark as the hosts pressed.

The visitors started to grow in to the game as the half wore on and Callum Camps blasted a free-kick into the wall as they began to show an attacking threat.

Some intricate play on the half hour between Finley and Zaine Francis-Angol saw the ball land at the feet of Brendon Daniels, however he lashed his left-footed strike wide of the far post from the edge of the area.

The Coasters continued to knock on the door as Bradley weaved his way through before finding Muldoon but the new man’s strike was blocked. Bradley would have scored the goal of the century on the follow up had his ambitious overhead kick from 25 yards found the top corner rather than the goalkeeper’s grateful arms.

Powerful frontman Calvin Andrew hit back with a rare chance for Rochdale but Lynch was equal to his low effort from close range.

However, after a raft of changes at half-time it was the visitors that broke the deadlock. Rochdale were awarded a free-kick on the corner of the 18 yard box and Steve Davies stepped up to curl a sublime strike into the far top corner.

Dale full-back Joe Rafferty looked to repeat the trick after an hour when he let fly from a similar position and was unlucky to see his effort crash back off the crossbar.

Fylde were looking more lively with the introductions of James Hardy, Henry Jones and Danny Rowe but it was one of the three trialists on show that almost levelled the scores with a deft chip that was cleared off the line.

Matty Hughes took aim with 15 minutes to play after he was found lurking in the box by Josh Ezewele but miscued his effort well wide of the post.

Fylde were presented with a glorious chance to grab the equaliser when a clearance deflected perfectly into the path of Hardy, however instead of putting his foot through the ball, he chipped his strike straight into the goalkeeper’s arms.

Next up, the Coasters host Championship side Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night (k/o 7:30pm) at Mill Farm.

AFC Fylde: Lynch (Taylor 46) C. Hughes (Ezewele 63), Tunnicliffe (Bond 63), Langley (Trialist 63), Francis-Angol (Trialist 63), Montrose (Morgan 63), Finley (Hardy 63), Bradley (Trialist 63), Tasdemir (M. Hughes 46), Daniels (Jones 46), Muldoon (Rowe 63).

Subs: Taylor, Ezewele, Morgan, Jones, Hardy, Bond, M. Hughes, Trialist, Rowe, Trialist, Trialist.

Rochdale: Lillis, McNulty, McGahey, Brown, Andrew, Camps, Inman, Allen, Adshead, Kitching, Henderson.

Subs: Rafferty, Canavan, Williams, Rathbone, Keane, Steve Davies, Collis, Cannon, Morley, Gillam, Kearney, Trialist.

Ref: Barry Cropp

Att: 839
Fylde match thread. on 19:40 - Jul 15 with 4219 viewsBartRowou

Nowhere near as much fun as previous friendlies at their old ground. We've swapped watching sheep in an adjacent field for standing on a sterile terrace watching young kids chuck bottles of Coke around. Adshead looked good.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fylde match thread. on 22:05 - Jul 15 with 3883 viewsrichfoad32

Fylde match thread. on 16:01 - Jul 15 by fitzochris

Bunney reckons he'll be out between 4-6 weeks. Gutted.

It's a blow but it's not as bad as I was expecting when a 'long term' injury was reported. He could conceivably return by the end of August, even if it may take a few games to get back up to speed. It will probably entail a dabble in the loan market if Kitching can't be trusted as cover for a month and there are no further plans to experiment with Calvin in the position (here's hoping).
Fylde match thread. on 22:39 - Jul 15 with 3764 viewsTalkingSutty

Fylde match thread. on 22:05 - Jul 15 by richfoad32

It's a blow but it's not as bad as I was expecting when a 'long term' injury was reported. He could conceivably return by the end of August, even if it may take a few games to get back up to speed. It will probably entail a dabble in the loan market if Kitching can't be trusted as cover for a month and there are no further plans to experiment with Calvin in the position (here's hoping).

If we signed Kitchin as a left back and we can"t trust him to play, why did we sign him and not release him at the end of last season?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 22:40]
Fylde match thread. on 23:45 - Jul 15 with 3582 viewsBrierls

Fylde match thread. on 22:39 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

If we signed Kitchin as a left back and we can"t trust him to play, why did we sign him and not release him at the end of last season?

We didn't sign him at the end of the season, we signed him in January. It would be pretty unusual for us to release somebody who was under contract.
Fylde match thread. on 00:00 - Jul 16 with 3540 viewsD_Alien

Fylde match thread. on 23:45 - Jul 15 by Brierls

We didn't sign him at the end of the season, we signed him in January. It would be pretty unusual for us to release somebody who was under contract.

It's true, the timeline is different, but the principle stands. Why sign someone you don't trust to perform at the required level? We could've simply kept him on loan for an extended period to see how it worked out

I'm not writing Kitching off, btw, but if he's not ready he's an expensive passenger

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fylde match thread. on 00:04 - Jul 16 with 3532 viewsBrierls

It was a decent workout but fairly typical early pre season fayre.

First half I thought Adshead looked very very good for 30 mins or so but ran out of steam. Brown was very steady at right back and used the ball well. Kitching was solid enough and offered an outlet down the left, I'm not sure why he's being singled out for comment more than others. If you want to be picky take a look at Camps, who had a very sluggish start, and Allen who didn't influence the game in the slightest. Going forward Inman showed some decent touches and Calvin and Hendo grafted without much reward.

Second half was much better. From the off we were better on and off the ball. Raff looked full of energy on the right, Keane very assured at centre back despite being alongside Canavan. Cannon provided more energy than Camps and Allen combined and Brown did another decent job in midfield. Williams looks to have something about him, deceptively quick and a very good left foot. Davies had a decent runout and his goal was a cracker, he should have had another with the header that hit the bar.

I don't agree with the Fylde report. The score line would suggest they matched us but the passing and movement, particularly in the second half, the difference in class showed.
Fylde match thread. on 00:15 - Jul 16 with 3513 viewsBrierls

Fylde match thread. on 00:00 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

It's true, the timeline is different, but the principle stands. Why sign someone you don't trust to perform at the required level? We could've simply kept him on loan for an extended period to see how it worked out

I'm not writing Kitching off, btw, but if he's not ready he's an expensive passenger

I think Hilly saw potential in Kitching and signed him on that basis. I might be getting mixed up, but I recall Hilly seeing him as a midfielder who could play left back.

Don't get me wrong, based on what I've seen he's down the pecking right now order in midfield, but people need to remember he's another young player finding his feet. He offers versatility and that's a great quality to have in the squad. I suspect he'll be amongst the lowest earners in the first team squad.
Fylde match thread. on 00:32 - Jul 16 with 3484 views49thseason

Fylde match thread. on 00:15 - Jul 16 by Brierls

I think Hilly saw potential in Kitching and signed him on that basis. I might be getting mixed up, but I recall Hilly seeing him as a midfielder who could play left back.

Don't get me wrong, based on what I've seen he's down the pecking right now order in midfield, but people need to remember he's another young player finding his feet. He offers versatility and that's a great quality to have in the squad. I suspect he'll be amongst the lowest earners in the first team squad.

Kitching is 21 years old, has played in 7 professional games. More importantly he is left footed and six foot two and was given a two year pro contract by Middleboro. I think its a bit early for people to expect too much and to start giving the lad grief at this stage is just silly, I agree with you that he offers a degree of versatility and maybe needs some game time to toughen up a bit. He has a full season to show Keith what he is made of , we should wish him well.
Fylde match thread. on 01:34 - Jul 16 with 3418 viewsShun

Fylde match thread. on 22:39 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

Near enough exactly what I said in the other thread.
Fylde match thread. on 07:24 - Jul 16 with 3315 viewsD_Alien

Fylde match thread. on 00:32 - Jul 16 by 49thseason

Kitching is 21 years old, has played in 7 professional games. More importantly he is left footed and six foot two and was given a two year pro contract by Middleboro. I think its a bit early for people to expect too much and to start giving the lad grief at this stage is just silly, I agree with you that he offers a degree of versatility and maybe needs some game time to toughen up a bit. He has a full season to show Keith what he is made of , we should wish him well.

Why go over the top and accuse people of "giving him grief"? I wish the lad well, and simply pointed out that he needs to be trusted to perform at some stage

Brierls reports that he did ok yesterday, so let's see. At 21, he's old enough if he's good enough

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fylde match thread. on 07:51 - Jul 16 with 3236 viewsTalkingSutty

Fylde match thread. on 00:00 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

Thanks for explaining my post, it saved me a job.👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024