Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open cheque book still open!! 12:18 - Jul 20 with 6954 viewsrkershaw

Scotland international Chris Maguire signs for our nearest and dearest.......GULP!!!
Open cheque book still open!! on 21:50 - Jul 20 with 1643 viewsAtThePeake

Open cheque book still open!! on 19:20 - Jul 20 by nordenblue

Are there any links to the "few million quid" they've racked up for these kids because I personally haven't seen reports anywhere near them sort of figures.

Bury ARE in dire straits financially thats not even open to debate,and continuing to increase by all reports.Their recent signings certainly won't be reducing their wage bill either

Bedeau - "Believed to be £900k": http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38815258

Miller - "Could go beyond £1m with add-ons: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-sign-bur

Ferry - "Six Figure Fee": http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/15387616.Bury_FC_graduate_Will_Ferry_s

Obi - "Six Figure Fee plus add-ons and sell-on": http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-em

I can't find any mooted figures for Ruddy (Wolves) or Foulds (Everton) but they won't be signing for clubs that big without substantial fees. And that's just for the kids, they've also sold Vaughan and Clarke for big money.

I agree that they appear to be struggling money-wise but you said that was the reason they were selling these players 'at the first sign of interest'. However, they rejected bids for Bedeau, Vaughan and Miller and possibly others before eventually selling.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 21:58]

Tangled up in blue.

Open cheque book still open!! on 21:51 - Jul 20 with 1643 viewsAtThePeake

Open cheque book still open!! on 19:45 - Jul 20 by AllBlueDale

With the FPPP laws aren't the fees (for buying/selling kids) fixed so it's almost impossible to make millions.

Not if they're signed to professional contracts (which most of these were).

Tangled up in blue.

Open cheque book still open!! on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 1605 viewsTVOS1907

Open cheque book still open!! on 21:50 - Jul 20 by AtThePeake

Miller - "Could go beyond £1m with add-ons: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-sign-bur

Ferry - "Six Figure Fee": http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/15387616.Bury_FC_graduate_Will_Ferry_s

Obi - "Six Figure Fee plus add-ons and sell-on": http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-em

I can't find any mooted figures for Ruddy (Wolves) or Foulds (Everton) but they won't be signing for clubs that big without substantial fees. And that's just for the kids, they've also sold Vaughan and Clarke for big money.

I agree that they appear to be struggling money-wise but you said that was the reason they were selling these players 'at the first sign of interest'. However, they rejected bids for Bedeau, Vaughan and Miller and possibly others before eventually selling.

And yet they're still reporting debts in the millions and being faced with CCJs...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Open cheque book still open!! on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 1607 viewsnordenblue

Open cheque book still open!! on 21:50 - Jul 20 by AtThePeake

Good find for the links btw,the "6 figure sums" can easily be 100k though and while the add ons and sell ons sound nice they've yet to materialise if they do in fact ever come off.

For a club over 10m in debt they'd do more good putting the brass back into the club rather than sign yet another striker on RIDICULOUS wages to add to the masses I'd suggest.

Their business "model" is flawed on every level clearly shown with the continual growth in their debts year on year regardless of their apparent increase in wealth via transfers.
Open cheque book still open!! on 23:18 - Jul 20 with 1500 viewsscarrow

Regardless of these sales bury aren't exactly cutting their cloth to take into account of their debts. The project/carrington/the chairman's vision or whatever bury bingo is spouted can't hide the fact that they are paying silly wages for a club with such small gates. I wonder how long it'll take for KH to complain in a post match interview about clubs spending beyond their means. (That's if an interview ever appears again!)

Poll: Final position

Open cheque book still open!! on 23:46 - Jul 20 with 1485 viewsjoecooke

With regards to bringing players through at bury ,the only real one is will ferry.He has been there since u8/9 and is a good player and if they got 500 grand then fair enough.(never got a sniff against my lad!)

Most of the others were either rejected by Leyton Orient or Burnley or somewhere else at 15/16,taken on and given another chance at bury then flogged for a few quid which is pretty clever if money is your prime objective.

Personally i take great pride in taking a kid from either u8/9 or u14/15 and then in turn them playing 100+ games for the first team as progression.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 23:55]

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Open cheque book still open!! on 01:08 - Jul 21 with 1419 viewsWhiteyBFC

Open cheque book still open!! on 18:50 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

Good point about Camps and Allen both being capable of playing in the Championship and probably with ourselves. Over the last couple of years we have had enough good players at the Club to follow Burton in to the higher league. We've had real quality in midfield and also in attack, our goal scoring record shows that.

The elephant in the room though is Hills inability to put together a solid defence, players who you can rely on. Conceding at set pieces and regular individual errors is a common theme, we've become accustomed to it. You can also throw the goalkeeping situation into the mix, farcical at times.

The midfield and forwards have done their job but have all too often been let down by the defence.The one component of the team that Hilly and his coaching staff haven't been able to improve, it's a shame.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 18:55]

What Keith Hill manages to get out of Dale is unreal.

However... I have to agree. Up until last summer, I usually tipped you lot to do well. Last season I expected a drop-off. I was wrong. Which is why I try and temper any criticism of the big man. But it's definitely defensively where Dale suffer. The errors/gaffes are costly. He sorts that out and who knows.

Looking forward to coming over on Tuesday night. My first trip to Spotland whilst working. Shame, as I can't see the Daley lads for a beer or three etc. But I'm sure it will be a good test for our practically new squad.

Hecky moans a lot, but I have to agree with him at present. Yes, we've done amazingly well the last couple of years, but this now needs to be a big altered approach. We've cashed in on everyone. This is a completely different team. Brand new pretty much. But let's not keep doing this now. We've got all that coin, but let's now build something a bit longer term.

Exciting times, but at the same time, trepidation's there too.

Good luck for the season. I don't get online much these days. But I'm still a closet Daley.
Open cheque book still open!! on 02:22 - Jul 21 with 1396 viewsdownunder

A thread that contains Maguire and Bury. This comes to mind:-
Login to get fewer ads

Open cheque book still open!! on 03:27 - Jul 21 with 1376 viewsTalkingSutty

Open cheque book still open!! on 01:08 - Jul 21 by WhiteyBFC

What Keith Hill manages to get out of Dale is unreal.

However... I have to agree. Up until last summer, I usually tipped you lot to do well. Last season I expected a drop-off. I was wrong. Which is why I try and temper any criticism of the big man. But it's definitely defensively where Dale suffer. The errors/gaffes are costly. He sorts that out and who knows.

Looking forward to coming over on Tuesday night. My first trip to Spotland whilst working. Shame, as I can't see the Daley lads for a beer or three etc. But I'm sure it will be a good test for our practically new squad.

Hecky moans a lot, but I have to agree with him at present. Yes, we've done amazingly well the last couple of years, but this now needs to be a big altered approach. We've cashed in on everyone. This is a completely different team. Brand new pretty much. But let's not keep doing this now. We've got all that coin, but let's now build something a bit longer term.

Exciting times, but at the same time, trepidation's there too.

Good luck for the season. I don't get online much these days. But I'm still a closet Daley.

Nice to hear from you Whitey. Yes, Hill's doing great things still and it seems churlish to criticise but the defensive deficiencies have been a running sore for a long time. The amount of late goals we conceded last season was unbelievable, i put that down to mental/ physical fatigue, it happened too many times for it to be coincidence.

If he can finally sort out the defence anything could happen because he's cracked the midfield and as you know, Keith Hill teams always score goals. Good luck to Barnsley next season, hope your liking your new job and enjoy your visit to Spotland.
Open cheque book still open!! on 11:05 - Jul 21 with 1159 viewsD_Alien

Open cheque book still open!! on 03:27 - Jul 21 by TalkingSutty

Nice to hear from you Whitey. Yes, Hill's doing great things still and it seems churlish to criticise but the defensive deficiencies have been a running sore for a long time. The amount of late goals we conceded last season was unbelievable, i put that down to mental/ physical fatigue, it happened too many times for it to be coincidence.

If he can finally sort out the defence anything could happen because he's cracked the midfield and as you know, Keith Hill teams always score goals. Good luck to Barnsley next season, hope your liking your new job and enjoy your visit to Spotland.

As you say TS, all points for discussion must be tempered with the acknowledgement of Hill's achievements year on year at Dale

Picking up on the mental/physical fatigue point, I wonder if this ties in with the point made earlier in the thread about players somehow performing at an individual level which is their peak but being unable to sustain that, quite understandably perhaps, for an entire season

Hence, mistakes creep in, and also injuries are sustained through the sheer physical demands of competing at close to optimum level game after game. This also ties in with our pre-season, and whilst it may be uncomfortable for some people I'd question whether it needs to be quite so demanding. It's as if the players are being forewarned that they'll be pushed to their very limits and not everyone will react well to that. The differences we've seen in the 'official' line coming out of Tenerife and the perhaps more revealing interview with Hill point in this direction. Fancy criticising players for being 'losers' in training exercises! Then we see (well, you did at least) lethargic performances in friendly games by certain players.

I'm well aware that good conditioning pre-season is a necessary building block for a successful season, but what constitutes 'good'? Everyone is different, and I'll repeat the point i made about having a quality sports scientist to help identify what suits individuals best a few days ago

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Open cheque book still open!! on 11:29 - Jul 21 with 1111 viewsTalkingSutty

Open cheque book still open!! on 11:05 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

As you say TS, all points for discussion must be tempered with the acknowledgement of Hill's achievements year on year at Dale

Picking up on the mental/physical fatigue point, I wonder if this ties in with the point made earlier in the thread about players somehow performing at an individual level which is their peak but being unable to sustain that, quite understandably perhaps, for an entire season

Hence, mistakes creep in, and also injuries are sustained through the sheer physical demands of competing at close to optimum level game after game. This also ties in with our pre-season, and whilst it may be uncomfortable for some people I'd question whether it needs to be quite so demanding. It's as if the players are being forewarned that they'll be pushed to their very limits and not everyone will react well to that. The differences we've seen in the 'official' line coming out of Tenerife and the perhaps more revealing interview with Hill point in this direction. Fancy criticising players for being 'losers' in training exercises! Then we see (well, you did at least) lethargic performances in friendly games by certain players.

I'm well aware that good conditioning pre-season is a necessary building block for a successful season, but what constitutes 'good'? Everyone is different, and I'll repeat the point i made about having a quality sports scientist to help identify what suits individuals best a few days ago

All good points and i agree with your comments regarding the sports scientist. I think the problem is far simpler though regarding players like Canavan and McNulty, they aren't good enough and at their age you don't see them improving. McNulty's back pass against Bradford last game of the season was typical, it was slovenly and careless and its happened too many times. The manager thinks different so we carry on but you can only comment on what you see with your own eyes, we don't have to agree with Hills every comment and we don't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024