Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trialist 14:49 - Jul 22 with 10018 viewsKenBoon

Joins Salford City

Not sure what to think.
Trialist on 12:10 - Jul 23 with 2718 viewsShun

IF Done is returning, then I don't think Redshaw's done much wrong. As Col said earlier, probably we had Redshaw on trial as a back-up option for if the Done deal didn't become a done deal. Whilst they're different players, they're both still forwards and we were never going to sign both of them, so if Done's return has become more imminent in the past few days then Hill could've just told Redshaw that he wouldn't be getting a contract here and to look elsewhere. If that's the case, then we've used Redshaw more than he's used us.
Trialist on 13:19 - Jul 23 with 2616 viewsD_Alien

Trialist on 12:10 - Jul 23 by Shun

IF Done is returning, then I don't think Redshaw's done much wrong. As Col said earlier, probably we had Redshaw on trial as a back-up option for if the Done deal didn't become a done deal. Whilst they're different players, they're both still forwards and we were never going to sign both of them, so if Done's return has become more imminent in the past few days then Hill could've just told Redshaw that he wouldn't be getting a contract here and to look elsewhere. If that's the case, then we've used Redshaw more than he's used us.

I guess it's a question of accepting that the offer from Salford hasn't been sitting in his back pocket for a while, or that Salford are so sluggish in their dealings that they would'nt have approached him before this week, knowing his location and availability, and that his agent wouldn't have sounded out Salford "just in case". Nowt wrong with any of that, it's the way of the world, and he has to earn a living, but I don't accept he's just taken the Salford shilling out of the blue

I don't accept your point about us having used him, either. We've provided him with a pre-season package which has made it possible for him to hit the ground running - something which Salford may have wanted assurances on as part of their offer - and there would've been no assurances given by Hilly that a contract would follow. I guess we'll never know the full facts, but my opinion remains that we might well have been led down the garden path and played right into Salford's arms

[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 13:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trialist on 06:40 - Jul 24 with 2406 viewsfitzochris

Looks like he scored two on his debut against Blackpool.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trialist on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 2163 viewspioneer

Not sure you can blame him......it was the clubs decision to take a player on the preseason trip when he wasn't under contract. He has to look after his own best interests.
Trialist on 14:05 - Jul 24 with 2083 viewsHopwoodblue

Trialist on 13:32 - Jul 24 by pioneer

Not sure you can blame him......it was the clubs decision to take a player on the preseason trip when he wasn't under contract. He has to look after his own best interests.

Maybe it made the numbers even so we didn't have to pay single person supplement !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Trialist on 14:15 - Jul 24 with 2069 viewsDaley_Lama

Our issues last season were never about scoring goals and with the players we have at our disposal, I don't see that Redshaw would offer us anything massively above and beyond what we currently have.

The lack of re-enforcement at the back however has confused me somewhat. The biggest issue above anything last season was no cover at left back. This has not been addressed one bit and it appears only since Bunney was injured that this has become high priority.

2014 - 66
2015 - 61
2016 - 62

For three season our goals against has been that of a bottom half team and dress it up whichever way you want (injuries, whole team responsibility, set pieces, attack minded ethic) another season letting in similar number of goals will lead to at best mid table position.

Poll: DF in or out

Trialist on 20:30 - Aug 2 with 1660 viewsboromat

And we thought we had it bad this match report is going to be near impossible

[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 20:30]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024