Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done 09:17 - Jul 23 with 52525 views1907

Alan Nixon confirming we are in the process of agreeing a fee with Sheff U for Done. Was spotted at the game yesterday too.
Matt Done on 22:49 - Jul 26 with 6129 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done on 21:54 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

It's hardly top secret,hes been seen by numerous people at the game too so there's obviously interest,hes on the transfer list there's nothing secretive about his current club's wish to sell him either and no doubt there's other clubs interested in bringing him in.....
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 22:33]

I don't think 442 is referring to him being spotted at the game on Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matt Done on 07:34 - Jul 27 with 5800 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done on 22:49 - Jul 26 by TVOS1907

I don't think 442 is referring to him being spotted at the game on Saturday.

Very true,it's not "inside" information like 442 seems to feel, it's pretty common knowledge and while hes seen at the game it's hardly surprising fans put 2 and 2 together......
Matt Done on 08:05 - Jul 27 with 5757 views442Dale

Matt Done on 07:34 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

Very true,it's not "inside" information like 442 seems to feel, it's pretty common knowledge and while hes seen at the game it's hardly surprising fans put 2 and 2 together......

I don't feel anything other than unless it's something official from the club then aside from a player being spotted at the ground, there's a question why it is common knowledge and people are saying he's "def been in for talks". That info could only have come from within a club, so is there a link to official info confirming this?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done on 08:35 - Jul 27 with 5694 views1907

Matt Done on 08:05 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

I don't feel anything other than unless it's something official from the club then aside from a player being spotted at the ground, there's a question why it is common knowledge and people are saying he's "def been in for talks". That info could only have come from within a club, so is there a link to official info confirming this?

Going to back to the original thread before it was hijacked...

Alan Nixon is the link. One of the most well respected journalists in the game when it comes to football transfers. He is rarely wrong.
Matt Done on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 5643 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done on 08:05 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

For what its worth i agree with you 442, but many people know exactly where this information has become available from and continues to be made available, don't shoot the messenger.......

It does seem fairly common at most clubs though tbf,the boy didds is another example and seems to get quite a lot of very accurate information correct
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 9:00]
Matt Done on 22:15 - Jul 27 with 5032 viewsboromat

So a new signing announced on a Thursday that's strange must be something really special waiting for us tomorrow, maybe?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matt Done on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 4971 viewsscarrow

Matt Done on 22:15 - Jul 27 by boromat

So a new signing announced on a Thursday that's strange must be something really special waiting for us tomorrow, maybe?

Or it's the fact that the photo shoot is being done tomorrow.

Poll: Final position

Matt Done on 23:21 - Jul 27 with 4874 viewsboromat

Matt Done on 22:36 - Jul 27 by scarrow

Or it's the fact that the photo shoot is being done tomorrow.

Spoil sport

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done on 10:28 - Jul 28 with 4447 viewsmingthemerciless

Matt Done on 08:35 - Jul 27 by 1907

Going to back to the original thread before it was hijacked...

Alan Nixon is the link. One of the most well respected journalists in the game when it comes to football transfers. He is rarely wrong.

I can't agree regarding Nixon. For every two stories he gets right he gets one wrong.
Matt Done on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 4410 viewsRoChDaLe

Matt Done on 10:28 - Jul 28 by mingthemerciless

I can't agree regarding Nixon. For every two stories he gets right he gets one wrong.

I mean it does add up. Nixon reporting is and then Done being spotted at Rochdale in the stands.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Matt Done on 10:46 - Jul 28 with 4392 viewsAtThePeake

Matt Done on 10:28 - Jul 28 by mingthemerciless

Journalists can only report on where the deal stands at that moment in time. If Done doesn't join Dale, Nixon hasn't got it wrong, he reported that we were attempting to sign him - not that we had.

Tangled up in blue.

Matt Done on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 4341 viewsfitzochris

Matt Done on 10:46 - Jul 28 by AtThePeake

Journalists can only report on where the deal stands at that moment in time. If Done doesn't join Dale, Nixon hasn't got it wrong, he reported that we were attempting to sign him - not that we had.

Absolutely correct.

Nixon has a contacts book to be envious of. He doesn't play at journalism.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matt Done on 11:22 - Jul 28 with 4293 viewsVivaDonaldo

Matt Done on 11:07 - Jul 28 by fitzochris

Absolutely correct.

Nixon has a contacts book to be envious of. He doesn't play at journalism.

Pfft. What do you know!

As good as it would be to have Done back, the deal has to be right for the clubs and the player and I suspect this is why things are not moving quickly. There will be no doubt that we will be interested and that Sheff are motivated to sell.

Bit of a 'no lose' tweet whether the deal comes off or not.
Matt Done on 20:44 - Jul 28 with 3814 views442Dale

Done playing for Sheff U in a friendly tonight.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done on 20:55 - Jul 28 with 3783 viewsfitzochris

Matt Done on 20:44 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

Done playing for Sheff U in a friendly tonight.

Think he just scored, too.

Matt Done on 21:12 - Jul 28 with 3726 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Matt Done on 20:55 - Jul 28 by fitzochris

Despite the links I just can't see it. If he is on around 8k a week with a year to run he won't sign a 2 year contract here on sub 3k. Maybe united will pay him off to go but I would imagine clubs like chesterfield will offer more than us. Hopefully the hill factor will help

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matt Done on 21:28 - Jul 28 with 3674 viewsrochedale

I think we all need to face facts and move on from this thread. He's not going to sign.

Let's hope for a quality centre half as forwards are few and far between (for clubs like ours to sign) and will most likely appear on our team sheet via our youth set-up.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Matt Done on 00:21 - Jul 29 with 3467 viewsShun

Matt Done on 21:28 - Jul 28 by rochedale

I think we all need to face facts and move on from this thread. He's not going to sign.

Let's hope for a quality centre half as forwards are few and far between (for clubs like ours to sign) and will most likely appear on our team sheet via our youth set-up.

Why are you so certain he won't sign?
Matt Done on 00:28 - Jul 29 with 3449 viewsAtThePeake

Matt Done on 00:21 - Jul 29 by Shun

Tbh now he's featuring for Sheff Utd, I'm starting to believe it won't happen. It seems to have dragged on long enough now without the conclusion we were hoping for.

I'll be happy if we go and spend the wage we would've been spending on Done on a quality centre-back. However I doubt we will unless we can somehow shift Canavan on and I'm not sure we'll manage that.

Tangled up in blue.

Matt Done on 09:26 - Jul 29 with 3223 viewsfitzochris

If Done doesn't sign, it will be because a deal couldn't be agreed to cover the hit on his wages.

Matt Done on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 3122 viewsDorsetDale

Matt Done on 20:55 - Jul 28 by fitzochris

Didn't Redshaw score a hat trick before signing for Salford a day or two later?

Joking aside, I'm in agreement with Thacks.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Matt Done on 11:05 - Jul 29 with 3040 viewsrochedale

Matt Done on 00:21 - Jul 29 by Shun

I don't know for certain. Just a hunch. My feeling is that, if he was going to sign, he would've signed by now. Dale have a budget and always stick within it. They would know straight away whether a deal could be done and would've looked to have him signed immediately if funds were available.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Matt Done on 11:15 - Jul 29 with 3025 viewsfitzochris

Matt Done on 11:05 - Jul 29 by rochedale

I don't know for certain. Just a hunch. My feeling is that, if he was going to sign, he would've signed by now. Dale have a budget and always stick within it. They would know straight away whether a deal could be done and would've looked to have him signed immediately if funds were available.

To come here, Done will need to leave his Sheff U contract early. He's reportedly on around £6k per week there. I have no idea what weekly wage we will offer him, but it won't be anywhere near that.

Now, Sheff U owe us money for Done due to them getting promoted (contract clause). So, while they are looking for a fee from other clubs who have asked about Done, we could potentially let them keep that money as a transfer fee.

Alternatively, we could negotiate getting Done on a free (they don't want him, Wilder has said as much) and use the money they owe us to offset his wage decrease to some extent.

Given I don't know how much Sheff U owe us, it's hard to say how practical either of these approaches would be. I do believe they've been explored, though.

I'm guessing that the hold up in Done signing is down to the fact that, if he comes back to us, he would be taking too big a hit in his pay and that, as it stands, there is nothing that can be done to rectify that.

He's entitled to see out his contract at Sheff U, but risks not playing competitive football for a long time and then not getting as good an offer elsewhere at the end of his deal.

We've rescued him twice before in that regard.

Matt Done on 15:20 - Jul 29 with 2778 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Agree there fitz. Problem is he probably got a pay rise when they went up so he is probably on near 10k now. Sure he wants to play every week but the only way I can see it happening is if they cover most of the wages and for 2k or so a week saving on bill I would guess they would rather keep him.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matt Done on 16:35 - Jul 29 with 2594 viewskiwidale

Matt Done on 11:15 - Jul 29 by fitzochris

To come here, Done will need to leave his Sheff U contract early. He's reportedly on around £6k per week there. I have no idea what weekly wage we will offer him, but it won't be anywhere near that.

Now, Sheff U owe us money for Done due to them getting promoted (contract clause). So, while they are looking for a fee from other clubs who have asked about Done, we could potentially let them keep that money as a transfer fee.

Alternatively, we could negotiate getting Done on a free (they don't want him, Wilder has said as much) and use the money they owe us to offset his wage decrease to some extent.

Given I don't know how much Sheff U owe us, it's hard to say how practical either of these approaches would be. I do believe they've been explored, though.

I'm guessing that the hold up in Done signing is down to the fact that, if he comes back to us, he would be taking too big a hit in his pay and that, as it stands, there is nothing that can be done to rectify that.

He's entitled to see out his contract at Sheff U, but risks not playing competitive football for a long time and then not getting as good an offer elsewhere at the end of his deal.

We've rescued him twice before in that regard.

it might just be that Done fancies his chances of forcing Sheff Unt into a rethink and why not hes a good player remember he played 30 odd games last year. The opportunity to play championship football again albeit as a squad player may also be a factor, hes on top dollar maybe the time for him to move will come later. Unless an offer comes in that matches his current wages (which wont be us) he will be there till the Jan window at least, cant blame the lad hes not a broken toy.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024