Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's more like it 16:27 - Jul 28 with 2810 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

That's more like it on 16:47 - Jul 28 with 2718 viewsfunkkk

That's more like it on 17:20 - Jul 28 with 2606 viewsRoChDaLe

Realistically thinking, what will this actually achieve? Will the amount of extra fans generated outweigh the price of this billboard? I'm not so sure. I think using revenue in other areas would help. For free entrance to the first home game of the season. Get a big crowd and generate some real excitement and hope we pull of a big win.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

That's more like it on 17:24 - Jul 28 with 2610 viewsdingdangblue

That's more like it on 17:20 - Jul 28 by RoChDaLe

Realistically thinking, what will this actually achieve? Will the amount of extra fans generated outweigh the price of this billboard? I'm not so sure. I think using revenue in other areas would help. For free entrance to the first home game of the season. Get a big crowd and generate some real excitement and hope we pull of a big win.

Yes it's a wonder why all the biggest firms/brands spend millions on advertising each year when it achieves nothing!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That's more like it on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 2593 viewsD_Alien

At least we know they're ready... apparently

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

That's more like it on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 2544 views1907

So what you're saying is losing thousands in match revenue is better than a couple of hundred quid on a humongous advertising board on one of the busiest roads in the borough?
That's more like it on 20:31 - Jul 28 with 2288 viewsR17ALE

I think it's an excellent initiative and hopefully the first step of many in reminding the town that there is a club here.

I bet half the people in this town couldn't tell you what the name of our ground is, which division we play in, and that we kick off a new season in 8 days.

Visual branding will always reinforce/hammer home a message.

This site is the board space Tony Lloyd had, before the recent election and he won with a record majority. Nobody had heard of him until he was plastered all over these boards, and sadly it's a bit like that with us.

We have to stop being this remote club on the other side of town and become a focal point of the town which the club has the capacity to achieve.

Further to that, the artwork sends out a subliminal message that the players are ready to represent "you" the viewer, the club and the town. They're standing up for you.

All in all I'm very encouraged, and I like to think I know a bit about this type of thing!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

That's more like it on 18:43 - Jul 29 with 1923 viewsDaleiLama

That's more like it on 17:27 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

At least we know they're ready... apparently

They didnt look it today. But there was tinkering with formations and personnel. Some Keystone Kops defending too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

That's more like it on 18:51 - Jul 29 with 1890 viewsmidlandsdale

I agree totally. To say that advertising is a waste of money is not true in my opinion. As you rightly say it raises awareness in a difficult economy for the club to operate in. I agree that other initiatives should also (and in all likelihood will) be considered but the visual is a great in your face statement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024