Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar access 15:52 - Aug 12 with 33946 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sandy laners not allowed to have a pint at half time, but main stand is??

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 20:33 - Aug 12 with 3314 viewsswiggy

Sorry, gut reaction. What it's all about is communication, I'm pretty sure that if people who bought tickets for the sandy lane had been told that access to the bar would be restricted they would have at least had the chance to make a choice, but just before half time to make new rules is ridiculous. Own goal again and if it's the new security guy then it's obviously he had no idea or empathy, sack him before we have to pay him any more money.
Bar access on 20:48 - Aug 12 with 3252 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 20:16 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

Why would someone who wants a drink at half time buy a ticket to the only stand in the ground that doesn't have a bar? I know there's been some bar pass scheme in recent seasons, but it's never been beyond the bounds of possibility that the safety people would put a stop to it. They've done wackier things in the past.

Yes, thanks for that KB

I can fully understand swiggy's gut reaction, and for your complete failure to grasp the basics of club/fan interaction, you've put yourself in pole position for the Shite Post-Match Post of the Season Award (SPMPSA)

It's a new award i'm instituting, let's see if anyone can beat it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bar access on 21:02 - Aug 12 with 3213 viewschalkyncfc

How much is pint at Rochdale?
Its £4 for a pint of bitter and £4.60 for lager at ML and that's at the back of the stand with nowhere to sit
Bar access on 21:08 - Aug 12 with 3200 viewsR17ALE

Bar access on 20:48 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

Yes, thanks for that KB

I can fully understand swiggy's gut reaction, and for your complete failure to grasp the basics of club/fan interaction, you've put yourself in pole position for the Shite Post-Match Post of the Season Award (SPMPSA)

As a Sandy Laner, I generally ignore Boon's regular attempts to constantly demean both the Sandy Lane stand and the fans who choose to go in there.

For reasons I fully expect him to explain, I'd like to know why he has a superiority complex over those who use that stand in much the same style as bury fans have one over Dale fans - but we know the reasons for the bury to be fair.

It's not long since Boon was calling for Sandy Laners to pay more for the privilege of being able to stand up. He hid it under the pretence it would raise funds for improving the terrace, but I think the motive runs far deeper. Normally I'd mock the afflicted, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bar access on 21:11 - Aug 12 with 3186 viewsShun

Bar access on 21:02 - Aug 12 by chalkyncfc

How much is pint at Rochdale?
Its £4 for a pint of bitter and £4.60 for lager at ML and that's at the back of the stand with nowhere to sit

Sorry, off-topic I know, but good win for you against local(ish) rivals. How did Chris O'Grady play?
Bar access on 21:31 - Aug 12 with 3134 viewschalkyncfc

Bar access on 21:11 - Aug 12 by Shun

Sorry, off-topic I know, but good win for you against local(ish) rivals. How did Chris O'Grady play?

I would rate his performance as poor but then again Chesterfield never really turned up for the game,they seemed as though they didnt want to be there and seemed bad tempered,having said that Notts wasnt that outstanding until Grant got brought on in the second half and scored the two goals
Bar access on 21:42 - Aug 12 with 3110 viewsmikehunt

A snide way of getting fans out of the Sandy to turn it into the away end?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bar access on 22:11 - Aug 12 with 3042 viewskiwidale

Yes, thanks for that KB

I like it D Alian maybe with a tweak?... USPD (utter shite post dickhead) awarded Evey week voted on by like or dislike button.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Bar access on 22:11 - Aug 12 with 3036 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 20:16 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

Why would someone who wants a drink at half time buy a ticket to the only stand in the ground that doesn't have a bar? I know there's been some bar pass scheme in recent seasons, but it's never been beyond the bounds of possibility that the safety people would put a stop to it. They've done wackier things in the past.

What a load of shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 22:48 - Aug 12 with 2970 viewsThe_DJ

Bar access on 16:02 - Aug 12 by rochdaleriddler

Typical Dale, treating fans badly. This should never have happened, poor stewards getting loads of shit

Issues with access to the Lounge in the Main Stand after the game aswell

The Stewards had not been briefed on who was/wasn't allowed access.
Fair play to the Steward who accepted he was wrong. His frustration was clear.

It's time somebody got a grip of things on match day . The clubs communication between the Management and staff is not acceptable.

Who exactly is in charge of the Stadium Bars on Match days ?

Directors ?
Chief Exec ?
Safety Officer ?

Or Nobody...............

Bar access on 22:50 - Aug 12 with 2958 viewsKenBoon

Yes, thanks for that KB

As I understand it, in order to gain access to a bar from the Sandy, you need a pass to get out and into the Radcliffe? This makes perfect sense, helps the fans matchday experience and generates revenue. Now, given some of the utter nonsense guff decisions that historically happen at Football grounds, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some wally might find it problematic and decide to ban it, in that helpful way some folk just do. I have a pretty low expectation of common sense at Football grounds over the years, so today's controversy doesn't surprise me. My point is, it shouldn't surprise others too.
Bar access on 22:51 - Aug 12 with 2959 viewsR17ALE

Bar access on 22:48 - Aug 12 by The_DJ

Issues with access to the Lounge in the Main Stand after the game aswell

The Stewards had not been briefed on who was/wasn't allowed access.
Fair play to the Steward who accepted he was wrong. His frustration was clear.

It's time somebody got a grip of things on match day . The clubs communication between the Management and staff is not acceptable.

Who exactly is in charge of the Stadium Bars on Match days ?

Directors ?
Chief Exec ?
Safety Officer ?

Or Nobody...............

I'm hearing the new safety officer has come in from bury.

This means he will be without humour, good sense and any football knowledge.

The windows will be clean though.

Bar access on 23:00 - Aug 12 with 2939 viewsThe_DJ

Bar access on 22:51 - Aug 12 by R17ALE

Bar access on 00:29 - Aug 13 with 2836 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bar access on 22:51 - Aug 12 by R17ALE

Does Moggy still do window cleaning?
Bar access on 03:53 - Aug 13 with 2764 viewsSandyman

So, after long negotiations, the club buys the pub next to the ground. A good move that is designed to increase revenue streams at the club. Ace.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/march/rochdale-football-club-acquires-th

Time moves on and a revenue stream is opened to accommodate supporters wanting a half-time refreshment. The club is providing something that proves popular with supporters and enables it to get maximum return on high value beer sales from a captive audience that is encouraged to use the facility. It works well. My suggestion of setting up a theatre-like scheme whereby customers can pre-order drinks and have them ready for half-time consumption, increasing efficiency and sales, fell on deaf ears but hey-ho.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/january/ratcliffe-bars-information-for-s

"At half time, the bar will be open as usual to home supporters from The Main Stand and Sandy Lane " - January 2017.

Although not as well utilised or promoted as it could be, after match opening is another revenue raising option. We are encouraged to use these facilities:

http://www.ratcliffebars.co.uk/dalebar.asp

"All profits from the Ratcliffe Bars are now passed directly back to the club so by having your pre match pint you are helping Rochdale A.F.C."

And then, just before half time yesterday, "BING BONG". A "safety" announcement issued as fans were gathering at the Sandy Lane / Ratcliffes entrance to partake in refreshment. Cue angry scenes, disappointed supporters wanting to hand their hard-earned over to the club at half time, a P R own goal and bars with ale in the pumps but not selling it.

Full Time - Dale Bar is shut. As I walk past there, I note with irony the sign outside the Dale Bar entrance that says "open every match". But not at the times after 3 PM when customers are permitted to, and want, to use it.

In time we'll hopefully find out what has gone wrong. The half-time opening for Sandy Laners worked without problems or safety issues last season. To let supporters know it would be shut minutes before half time was as gormless as it gets in P R terms. Hardly the actions of a well run club. *If* some Keith Lard type safety officer has come in and decided to close it by inventing rules that didn't exist last season, and failed to inform the people affected, that has to be a disciplinary matter. To take ownership of a pub and not open it for beer sales at half time or after matches when the punters are there doesn't make sense either. None of this encourages supporters to use these facilities instead of other nearby watering holes.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 3:56]
Bar access on 06:55 - Aug 13 with 2729 viewsColDale

Trust's first communication over this was made at 3-52 yesterday. We'll report back the response we get.
Bar access on 07:44 - Aug 13 with 2697 viewsThe_DJ

Bar access on 06:55 - Aug 13 by ColDale

Trust's first communication over this was made at 3-52 yesterday. We'll report back the response we get.

Wouldn't hold your breath Col.

The Club need a match day official in charge of running the whole show who is mobile and can get to any problem areas quickly.
Communication needs to be sorted so every steward / club employee knows their role on the day and is up to speed on the rules.
A bit of forward planning ( a brief meeting on the morning of the game ) to update any changes to normal procedures should be standard practice.

Am pretty sure these points have been made before but it time for responsibility to be taken.

So Board of Directors please act before the next game and use the programme and the various social media steams to keep supporters informed.
Bar access on 08:36 - Aug 13 with 2631 views442Dale

Bar access on 22:50 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

As I understand it, in order to gain access to a bar from the Sandy, you need a pass to get out and into the Radcliffe? This makes perfect sense, helps the fans matchday experience and generates revenue. Now, given some of the utter nonsense guff decisions that historically happen at Football grounds, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some wally might find it problematic and decide to ban it, in that helpful way some folk just do. I have a pretty low expectation of common sense at Football grounds over the years, so today's controversy doesn't surprise me. My point is, it shouldn't surprise others too.

All good points. Which made the opening question about why someone would buy a ticket for a particular stand a bit unnecessary.

Good to hear the Trust is on the case. Would expect something to come out from the club in the next day or so. No reason to believe otherwise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 2530 viewssince58

Could,nt run a piss up in a brewery springs to mind.
Bar access on 09:55 - Aug 13 with 2495 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 09:44 - Aug 13 by since58

Could,nt run a piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

... especially if you want to get to said piss up from Sandy Lane.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bar access on 10:16 - Aug 13 with 2448 viewsAtThePeake

Just a thought.

If this was the new safety officer's first match in charge, he or she may have been informed of the fact that Sandy Laners are allowed into the bar at half-time quite late on. It may not have been seen as something that needed to be discussed in advance given that it's happened regularly for the last few seasons.

Now, Sandy Laners get a pass that gets them back into the Sandy Lane, but there's nothing stopping people who pay for a ticket to the Sandy Lane walking straight back into the Main Stand after their half time pint, as these passes/tokens are collected at the gate out of the bar and from there you can go either into the Main Stand or the Sandy Lane.

The Safety Officer may have noticed the problem with this late on and decided that until a system is put in place where it's not possible to pay for a Sandy Lane ticket and watch half of the match from the Main Stand, where there's more limited space, it made sense to not allow Sandy Laners through for a half-time pint.

Tangled up in blue.

Bar access on 10:25 - Aug 13 with 2422 views442Dale

Bar access on 10:16 - Aug 13 by AtThePeake

Just a thought.

If this was the new safety officer's first match in charge, he or she may have been informed of the fact that Sandy Laners are allowed into the bar at half-time quite late on. It may not have been seen as something that needed to be discussed in advance given that it's happened regularly for the last few seasons.

Now, Sandy Laners get a pass that gets them back into the Sandy Lane, but there's nothing stopping people who pay for a ticket to the Sandy Lane walking straight back into the Main Stand after their half time pint, as these passes/tokens are collected at the gate out of the bar and from there you can go either into the Main Stand or the Sandy Lane.

The Safety Officer may have noticed the problem with this late on and decided that until a system is put in place where it's not possible to pay for a Sandy Lane ticket and watch half of the match from the Main Stand, where there's more limited space, it made sense to not allow Sandy Laners through for a half-time pint.

All of that may well have happened. And we can expect that to be mentioned in the full explanation to supporters of it's the case.

It's a situation fans themselves have discussed and requires an amount of trust and people not abusing the chance to go into the bar. But yes, it could be looked at to ensure that fans swapping stands doesn't happen (maybe open the Sandy gates and allow Sandy Lane fans in through the front door of the Ratcliffe, then back into the ground via the pass after?)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 10:30 - Aug 13 with 2407 viewsboromat

Just a thought.

Potentially but common sense and a quick risk assessment would have allowed it to go ahead as normal yesterday and then a new improved system worked out for the next game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bar access on 11:32 - Aug 13 with 2298 viewsR17ALE

Just a thought.

This was suggested at the time as the only possible reason for the change. If it turns out to be the reason then God help us! Health and Safety gone mad!

Given that only about 200 leave the Sandy for a pint I'd wager 9 out of 10 times all 200 return to the Sandy given that's the place we want to watch our football from.

If those 200 suddenly decided to sit in the Main Stand how on earth would we cope with only 200 spare seats in there yesterday? It would be carnage!

Of course, the person who made the decision will have thought that everybody in the Sandy could transfer at half time and so shut the pub on that assumption, despite all the evidence suggesting nobody would.

Like I said, God help us! And I'm a few quid better off too!

Obviously giving out passes to Main Standers as well as Sandy Laners is either too complex to administrate, or they didn't think of it in time!

Bar access on 11:52 - Aug 13 with 2252 viewsDaley_Lama

I'm with H&S guy. He is legally reponsible for ground safety, he would do time if anything went wrong.

In his shoes he has to stop anything that could potentially lead to over crowding in a section.

This practice potentially does, even if general practice shows it doesn't materialise.

Hope a working solution is sorted soon, not beyond the whit of man as others already point out above.

Winter's coming!

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024