Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tannoy 18:55 - Aug 12 with 3825 viewsonedalefan

Might be my ears but struggled to hear anything clearly in the WMG this afternoon although heard that Gilks and McCardle were welcomed back, don't start a trend. Also seemed to be a lack of information especially at half time when no scores from other games given.
Tannoy on 19:04 - Aug 12 with 3799 viewsD_Alien

It was difficult to hear over normal crowd noise (i.e. not loud cheering or clapping) and it seems like it was tested in a silent ground

On the positive side, the music was fine and the substitutes were announced alongside the starting XI before kick off for the first time in a very long time, which to most fans is valuable information

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 19:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tannoy on 19:07 - Aug 12 with 3785 viewsNogintheNog

Tannoy on 19:04 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

It was difficult to hear over normal crowd noise (i.e. not loud cheering or clapping) and it seems like it was tested in a silent ground

On the positive side, the music was fine and the substitutes were announced alongside the starting XI before kick off for the first time in a very long time, which to most fans is valuable information

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 19:05]

In the mainstand it was much clearer than last season, and I`m a deaf old git.
Tannoy on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 3633 viewsShun

I could hear it perfectly in the Sandy Lane end. I thought Eden did really well. Professional and positive and with a good range of music. I disagree with the OP about not making the welcoming back of players a trend. I like it. It shows respect. Not for a bit-parter or someone who was only here a short time, but for players who are still remembered fondly, of course.
Tannoy on 22:55 - Aug 12 with 3535 viewsKenBoon

It was a bit quiet in the Pearl Street, but clear as a bell in the bogs. I'm sure they'll figure the level out. Also congrats to the new announcer, he was very good on his proper debut.
Tannoy on 00:16 - Aug 13 with 3450 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tannoy on 21:04 - Aug 12 by Shun

I could hear it perfectly in the Sandy Lane end. I thought Eden did really well. Professional and positive and with a good range of music. I disagree with the OP about not making the welcoming back of players a trend. I like it. It shows respect. Not for a bit-parter or someone who was only here a short time, but for players who are still remembered fondly, of course.

I've learned to lip-read in the Sandy over the years......great to be able to have a decent conversation today.

Why no Razorlight? Oh hang on....
Tannoy on 10:43 - Aug 13 with 3210 viewsBartRowou

Tannoy on 21:04 - Aug 12 by Shun

But then it becomes subjective and divides opinion. Does Tutte get a WB in a fortnight?
I prefer leaving it to the crowd to let their feelings known e.g. Gilks got a decent reception.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Tannoy on 11:14 - Aug 13 with 3168 viewsTVOS1907

Tannoy on 10:43 - Aug 13 by BartRowou

But then it becomes subjective and divides opinion. Does Tutte get a WB in a fortnight?
I prefer leaving it to the crowd to let their feelings known e.g. Gilks got a decent reception.

Agree with that, particularly as we once welcomed back a player whose only appearances for us were in pre-season friendlies against non-league teams.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tannoy on 11:31 - Aug 13 with 3142 viewsE_Bearshaw

Thanks for the feeeback folks! I'm told it came through nice and clearly in both the main stand and the Sandy Lane, but we'll certainly need to look again at the levels for the Pearl Street, and I'll get myself in and sort that before the Bury match. Also a few people had asked me why I didn't announce the attendance, but that was simply because the figure wasn't known until after the final whistle unfortunately.

Just want to say a very quick thank you to those that wished me well yesterday, and those that have wished me well over the past few months! I couldn't be happier to be doing this job, and I want to make sure both my announcements and the music I play is to the approval of the Dale fans. On that note, if anyone ever has anything they'd like to ask or request of me, pop me a private message on here or on Twitter/Facebook and I'll get straight back to you.

Up The Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

Tannoy on 11:35 - Aug 13 with 3131 viewsR17ALE

Tannoy on 11:31 - Aug 13 by E_Bearshaw

Thanks for the feeeback folks! I'm told it came through nice and clearly in both the main stand and the Sandy Lane, but we'll certainly need to look again at the levels for the Pearl Street, and I'll get myself in and sort that before the Bury match. Also a few people had asked me why I didn't announce the attendance, but that was simply because the figure wasn't known until after the final whistle unfortunately.

Just want to say a very quick thank you to those that wished me well yesterday, and those that have wished me well over the past few months! I couldn't be happier to be doing this job, and I want to make sure both my announcements and the music I play is to the approval of the Dale fans. On that note, if anyone ever has anything they'd like to ask or request of me, pop me a private message on here or on Twitter/Facebook and I'll get straight back to you.

Up The Dale!

Thought you had a good debut. It was nice to be spoken to and not shouted at!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Tannoy on 11:42 - Aug 13 with 3110 viewsE_Bearshaw

Tannoy on 11:35 - Aug 13 by R17ALE

Thought you had a good debut. It was nice to be spoken to and not shouted at!

Appreciate it fella!
Tannoy on 11:51 - Aug 13 with 3076 views442Dale

Up The Dale!

Thanks for taking the time to acknowledge feedback too. It's all too easy to identify that using here the benefits of this messageboard in improving things where possible - knowing the sound issues will at least be being looked at is progress! Keep up the good work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tannoy on 11:58 - Aug 13 with 3065 viewsE_Bearshaw

Tannoy on 11:51 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

Thanks for taking the time to acknowledge feedback too. It's all too easy to identify that using here the benefits of this messageboard in improving things where possible - knowing the sound issues will at least be being looked at is progress! Keep up the good work.

Can't get anywhere without acknowledging feedback. It sounds like a simple issue with levels for one stand, so hopefully that'll be that! Thanks fella.
Tannoy on 12:12 - Aug 13 with 3033 viewsD_Alien

Up The Dale!

And just referring again to the reading out of substitutes when announcing the teams directly before kick off - it really was good to hear and it's attention to detail like that, plus your ability to connect directly with fans on here and other media, that will distinguish you from what went before and make the matchday experience so much the better

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tannoy on 12:20 - Aug 13 with 3007 viewsTVOS1907

Up The Dale!

Thanks Eden.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you read out the teams before they came out just before 3.00pm?

I was in the ground at around 2.40pm and I didn't hear them until right on kick-off. Given that the sound quality in Pearl Street was poor and that the crowd were applauding the players, it was nigh on impossible to hear who was playing and who was on the bench.

Otherwise, well done on an excellent debut.

Tannoy on 12:22 - Aug 13 with 3000 viewsE_Bearshaw

Tannoy on 12:12 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

And just referring again to the reading out of substitutes when announcing the teams directly before kick off - it really was good to hear and it's attention to detail like that, plus your ability to connect directly with fans on here and other media, that will distinguish you from what went before and make the matchday experience so much the better

The substitutes bit almost caught me out in the friendlies as it's a real mouthful to announce in time for kick off, but I'd certainly prefer to name the full teams each match.

And thank you! Places like this forum and social media are great in terms of seeing what people really want from a matchday experience, and with a few tweaks I think we'll be there.

Also as was mentioned in above posts, I can understand the issue in welcoming back players, particularly as I'm a Dale fan myself and will most likely be guilty of picking and choosing who I welcome back. I'll give it some thought.
Tannoy on 12:26 - Aug 13 with 2989 viewsE_Bearshaw

Tannoy on 12:20 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Thanks Eden.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you read out the teams before they came out just before 3.00pm?

I was in the ground at around 2.40pm and I didn't hear them until right on kick-off. Given that the sound quality in Pearl Street was poor and that the crowd were applauding the players, it was nigh on impossible to hear who was playing and who was on the bench.

Otherwise, well done on an excellent debut.

I read the teams out at around 2:35 I think and then didn't until they came out. I think in future I'll read them out nice and early when I get it, then again at around 2:45, then when they're all out.

And thank you!
Tannoy on 12:31 - Aug 13 with 2976 viewsonedalefan

Up The Dale!

Did I miss the half time scores or was there a reason why you couldn't give them out?
Tannoy on 12:41 - Aug 13 with 2949 viewsE_Bearshaw

Tannoy on 12:31 - Aug 13 by onedalefan

Did I miss the half time scores or was there a reason why you couldn't give them out?

I was given a sheet of things to read out for half time (birthdays, the 'Classic Manchester Night' and the summer courses etc) but I should have perhaps taken some initiative and found the scores on my phone to read out. I didn't even think about it. I'll put that down to first day nerves!
Tannoy on 12:52 - Aug 13 with 2925 views442Dale

Tannoy on 12:41 - Aug 13 by E_Bearshaw

I was given a sheet of things to read out for half time (birthdays, the 'Classic Manchester Night' and the summer courses etc) but I should have perhaps taken some initiative and found the scores on my phone to read out. I didn't even think about it. I'll put that down to first day nerves!

Bloody hell, a simple "aye, could have done something differently"! Very refreshing attitude.

Don't worry, everyone was arguing about not being able to get a pint.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tannoy on 13:11 - Aug 13 with 2888 viewsTVOS1907

Tannoy on 12:26 - Aug 13 by E_Bearshaw

I read the teams out at around 2:35 I think and then didn't until they came out. I think in future I'll read them out nice and early when I get it, then again at around 2:45, then when they're all out.

And thank you!

Good idea, particularly as most people tend to get in the ground between 2.45pm and 3.00pm.

Tannoy on 18:10 - Aug 13 with 2680 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Half time scores did n't matter much yesterday, bury did n't play till today!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024