Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt 23:29 - Aug 16 with 3848 viewsdownunder

A comment by Pioneer in the "Bar" thread made me think of this. We all wear our shirts out and about, which are recognised,(often by fellow Daley's) and conversations start.
So who has had this occur, for example, on holiday for the home based fans, and where? In which unexpected situation did you meet a Daley?
My own experience was on travelling to Napier in the North Island to attend a Simply Red concert. Parked the hire car outside a house, and set off to Winery where the concert was, when a voice said "I recognise that shirt" He lived in Napier, was a Dale Exile, previously a Milkman based on Broad Lane. He invited us back for a brew. Turned out I had parked very close to his house. He got on the phone, along came another Daley, and whilst there, Yet another Daley turned up who was on Holiday. ("Kingy?" ex Landlord of the Reed, and The Grapes in Bamford)
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 00:29 - Aug 17 with 3802 viewsAtThePeake

Walking down Del Mar beach in San Diego a couple of years ago a guy running the opposite way down the beach spotted my Dale polo and shouted "UP THE DALE" but didn't stop for a chat, took me by surprise to say the least.

Tangled up in blue.

The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 00:43 - Aug 17 with 3788 viewsTalkingSutty

Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia. A floating market, the guy who sold live frogs for consumption was wearing the black and white Dale shirt from our centenery season. We should fly him over for a game😁
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 04:22 - Aug 17 with 3748 viewsdavidab2202

The "milkman "is my older brother,who also spotted a Dale shirt whilst being a steward at a cricket match in Napier.
My own experience was a chat with a fan in Latchi,Cyprus spotted having lunch in restaurant on harbour.
My car out there is the one with a Dale sticker proudly displayed on rear window
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 11:17 - Aug 17 with 3541 viewspioneer

I was walking through Parramatta town centre on my way to a rugby game in Australia wearing my blue/black striped Dale top when a bloke in a car stopped at a traffic light wound down his car window and shouted at me, 'I thought i was the only one round here with that shirt...up the Dale'.
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 12:52 - Aug 17 with 3425 viewsboromat

V Festival one year

Abroad a few times. Malta and Tenerife.

My favourite wasn't a Dale fan but just a genuine football fan from abroad not sure where he was from as I think he was also a tourist but we were in Vienna. After staring at my shirt for a few moments as he walked past he actioned and said League 2 in broken English questioning his own footballing knowledge. He was correct at the time we were in League Two. It was one of the pretty distinct thick black and blue striped kits.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 13:34 - Aug 17 with 3368 viewsborntogo

I was at a gig in London, in the bar before the concert. A bloke came up and said, 'Like the shirt, mate.' I was all set to talk to him about our current league position, new signings, hopes for the season, when he added: 'I love going to Carcraft. It's one of my favourite ways to send a Sunday.'
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 13:46 - Aug 17 with 3338 viewsjimmysbaldhead

In a bar in Dublin many years ago an Irish bloke came over to me to talk about Alex Russell, turns out he was an old school friend of his.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 14:02]
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 13:56 - Aug 17 with 3316 viewsColDale

Keeping with the actual thread title, met a young lady many years ago whilst at university who took a shine to me due to the Dale shirt I was wearing (I think it was that horrible Blackpool rip off kit). Least it saved me relying on my looks and charm.
Login to get fewer ads

The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 20:12 - Aug 18 with 3026 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 13:56 - Aug 17 by ColDale

Keeping with the actual thread title, met a young lady many years ago whilst at university who took a shine to me due to the Dale shirt I was wearing (I think it was that horrible Blackpool rip off kit). Least it saved me relying on my looks and charm.

Is this a hetero only thread then??
The Pulling Power of a Dale shirt on 22:42 - Aug 18 with 2919 viewsmikehunt

San Francisco waiting for a tram. An Irish lass came up to me and said a Dale shirt was the last thing she expected to see in Frisco. Did I pull? Don't know as my tram arrived ( and my missus forced me to board it 😄)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024