Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stick or Twist 12:02 - Aug 21 with 4005 viewsClitheroeDale

Just wondered what everyone thought about Keith bringing in a centre Half before the deadline. I really can't decide. Part of me thinks that Keith agrees that what we have is not good enough, but then equally I think that he is very stubborn and believes the players we have are adequate.

Personally, I would love to see another Defender brought in.

Up the Dale.
Stick or Twist on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 3970 viewsD_Alien

Depends if he's feeling flush

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stick or Twist on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 3930 viewspaulscho

Just revert back to how we finished last quarter of last season,Keane is the key to stability and get Mcgheay at the side of him.
Bunny back at left back and Rafferty on the right, be back on track in a month.
Plus Josh on a good long run between the sticks.

livinginadalewonderland

Stick or Twist on 12:37 - Aug 21 with 3888 viewsD_Alien

Stick or Twist on 12:23 - Aug 21 by paulscho

Just revert back to how we finished last quarter of last season,Keane is the key to stability and get Mcgheay at the side of him.
Bunny back at left back and Rafferty on the right, be back on track in a month.
Plus Josh on a good long run between the sticks.

Eight yards x 200 twists?

[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stick or Twist on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 3790 viewsTomRAFC

McGahey and Keane are both more than good enough. I just can't see Hill picking that pairing. He sees something in Jim no one else does.

I'd like to see him bring someone in if he is confident they are what we need, same as he did with Keane last season as opposed to bringing in Brown this season.

Either that or some sports psychology for Canavan. Remember when you just went in, got the ball and got rid? Just do that.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stick or Twist on 13:44 - Aug 21 with 3718 views442Dale

We get a defender in or accept this squad won't achieve as much as it possibly could.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stick or Twist on 13:46 - Aug 21 with 3711 viewsStreety1996

Yeah i'd love to see Harrison and Keane play CB's they're both more than capable but Keith just has a thing for left footed centre halves

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Stick or Twist on 13:59 - Aug 21 with 3665 viewsBazzanne

Stick or Twist on 13:46 - Aug 21 by Streety1996

Yeah i'd love to see Harrison and Keane play CB's they're both more than capable but Keith just has a thing for left footed centre halves

We really need to ship two central defenders out (no names needed) and bring two decent ones to replace them. I know it won't happen but we can hope Keith takes his head out of the sand and sees what we all see. He's the best manager but he's not infallible.
Stick or Twist on 14:02 - Aug 21 with 3656 viewsDaleFan7

If there's a possibility of bring one in then we need to. McNulty and Canavan aren't good enough to start and Keane is a liability.

McGahey is the only one good enough in our squad as a starter in League One imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Stick or Twist on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 3595 viewsboromat

Thinking out of the box a little bit here but I wonder how Kitching would do at left centre back. He's a decent height and he's comfortable on the ball, reasonable pace.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stick or Twist on 14:43 - Aug 21 with 3581 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stick or Twist on 14:32 - Aug 21 by boromat

Thinking out of the box a little bit here but I wonder how Kitching would do at left centre back. He's a decent height and he's comfortable on the ball, reasonable pace.

Kitching has been a very "bit" player since he arrived months ago......has n't fulfilled at all, despite given opportunities.

Just hope Ntthe(?) is n't the same.....so support for CH's has n't been as we hoped.

Time to Twist and Shout.
Stick or Twist on 15:01 - Aug 21 with 3547 viewsTVOS1907

We need a proper centre-half. There's been enough of players playing out of position.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Stick or Twist on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 3513 viewsToffeemanc

I'm beginning to think Hilly is having second thoughts about Kitching.

N'lithe was very poor on Saturday and correctly replaced at halftime by Bunney.
Bunney however due to his injury and lack of fitness (not his fault) was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes and so maybe given we had no more subs to make Hilly should have brought Kitching on at left back instead knowing he would have to complete 45 minutes and Bunney wasn't likely to be fit enough to do that. The fact he chose Bunney (obviously better player) despite knowing his physical limitations I think shows Hilly just doesn't trust Kitching.

Wednesday night at Stoke would be the perfect game to play Kitching and see what he has got.
Bunney definitely shouldn't be involved as he is clearly weeks away from full fitness and shouldn't be risked. N'lithe will be easily found out defensively at Stoke so we may as well give Kitching a chance as he probably won't be any worse.
I don't think anybody is expecting us to get anything out of the game other than a sound beating so giving him a chance would make sense.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 15:16]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stick or Twist on 15:54 - Aug 21 with 3433 viewsKnowlesy

I'm quite concerned about how it's playing out and how the defence is shaping up. Listening to the post-match interview with Keith now, Reece Brown was due to play but withdrew due to illness. How is is that McNulty, Canavan and Brown make up 3/4s of our regular back four. That scares me, and if things don't change soon it'll be a waste of a potentially good squad.
Stick or Twist on 17:46 - Aug 21 with 3301 views442Dale

Keith Hill will be well aware that we've missed out on a top six place for two seasons running because of decisions made around defensive recruitment/selections. The season before last it was the choice made to play Lancashire ahead of Eastham for far too many games, then the non-arrival of someone better than McNulty and Caravan a year ago/in January.

It would be very surprising if it isn't addressed now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stick or Twist on 17:58 - Aug 21 with 3269 viewspioneer

Surely pre season is where these sorts of things should be sorted out not the regular season where points are at stake.

I think a problem might be that the manager is eager to pursue a goal of having players who can interchange positions but those he has signed, or at least most of them, arent up to it. , at least at the League 1 level.
Stick or Twist on 18:47 - Aug 21 with 3181 viewsAtThePeake

Stick or Twist on 17:46 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Keith Hill will be well aware that we've missed out on a top six place for two seasons running because of decisions made around defensive recruitment/selections. The season before last it was the choice made to play Lancashire ahead of Eastham for far too many games, then the non-arrival of someone better than McNulty and Caravan a year ago/in January.

I'm not sure I agree. If he is aware, why has he given McNulty a contract extension?

Tangled up in blue.

Stick or Twist on 19:17 - Aug 21 with 3119 viewsnordenblue

We have a surplus of forwards, bang Calvin at centre half a la Dean Walling.....job sorted
Stick or Twist on 19:48 - Aug 21 with 3063 viewsDale23years

Stick or Twist on 19:17 - Aug 21 by nordenblue

We have a surplus of forwards, bang Calvin at centre half a la Dean Walling.....job sorted

Don't give Hill any ideas

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Stick or Twist on 20:46 - Aug 21 with 2980 viewsnordenblue

Stick or Twist on 19:48 - Aug 21 by Dale23years

Don't give Hill any ideas

Joking aside he wouldn't/couldnt be any worse than our current "pairing"....
Stick or Twist on 08:01 - Aug 22 with 2760 viewsDaleiLama

Stick or Twist on 20:46 - Aug 21 by nordenblue

Joking aside he wouldn't/couldnt be any worse than our current "pairing"....

I'd be lying if I said the same thought hadn't gone through my mind.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stick or Twist on 11:47 - Aug 22 with 2601 viewselectricblue

The writing was on the wall last season with regards to the questionable CBs, so the question is....
Why as Hill not rectified the situation in the summer!

Looking at the signings and besides Done coming to Dale they are not inspiring...

As the wages budget taken a hit !
As the signing of williams hit the wages budget !

It does make you wonder....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stick or Twist on 11:49 - Aug 22 with 2596 viewsSuddenLad

Has

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stick or Twist on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 2493 viewsnordenblue

Stick or Twist on 08:01 - Aug 22 by DaleiLama

I'd be lying if I said the same thought hadn't gone through my mind.

I'd love to see him there next to Harrison,that could be some pairing and can't see us losing much in the air either and Calvin seems to give 100% anywhere he gets asked to play....
Stick or Twist on 13:23 - Aug 22 with 2476 viewsrochdaleriddler

If he iswell aware, he hasn't dealt with it, and has increased the contract length of 50%of the problem

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stick or Twist on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 2449 viewsdingdangblue

Stick or Twist on 15:54 - Aug 21 by Knowlesy

I'm quite concerned about how it's playing out and how the defence is shaping up. Listening to the post-match interview with Keith now, Reece Brown was due to play but withdrew due to illness. How is is that McNulty, Canavan and Brown make up 3/4s of our regular back four. That scares me, and if things don't change soon it'll be a waste of a potentially good squad.

I'm hoping that Hill was going to play Brown in front of the back 4 with Raff fullback - and with the illness he had to bring McGahey in as right back and have Raff protecting again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024