Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke v Dale team news 19:07 - Aug 23 with 18475 viewsDaley_Lama

Stoke certainly not taking any chances tonight.

Zouma
Joe Allen
Charlie Adam
Bojan
Peter Crouch

To name but 5

Poll: DF in or out

Stoke v Dale team news on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 2457 viewsAtThePeake

Stoke v Dale team news on 12:24 - Aug 24 by grey_man

I'm a Stoke fan known to at least one of you (Hi Daley!)

Read the comments with interest. To begin with, we didn't really put out a team that was 'not taking any chances'. There were 8 changes from the weekend and of the 5 players listed by Daley, only two are nailed on to start the next game. The nature of the Premier League these days unfortunately. We've essentially got two teams capable of playing at that level and even they can't hope to keep up with the big clubs.

I know Daley from back in the days when we were at the level you're at now and you had a whole Division named after you so thing are very much different now. I just wish a few more of our fans would remember where we've come from and where we might go back to. We're a lot more complacent and entitled than we were ten years ago.

It's interesting to see that the myths about us persist. We've not really played the way some think for some time now and even under Pulis, it wasn't always entirely true. It might change in my lifetime, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I know we battered you, but if it helps, I've seen Stoke taken apart in similar fashion by Spurs and Chelsea etc on a regular basis so there's not only a big gulf between our level of the Premier League and League One, but another between where we are and the top 4 or 5. We can't bridge that, but it's possible for you to do it to our level, as has been proven.

Liked your left back, your fans were great, hope they had a decent day anyway. Now go f&%@ yourselves. :)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 12:25]

Not surprised you liked the left-back - all four goals came from his position!

Tangled up in blue.

Stoke v Dale team news on 13:25 - Aug 24 with 2389 viewsDaley_Lama

Stoke v Dale team news on 12:24 - Aug 24 by grey_man

I'm a Stoke fan known to at least one of you (Hi Daley!)

Read the comments with interest. To begin with, we didn't really put out a team that was 'not taking any chances'. There were 8 changes from the weekend and of the 5 players listed by Daley, only two are nailed on to start the next game. The nature of the Premier League these days unfortunately. We've essentially got two teams capable of playing at that level and even they can't hope to keep up with the big clubs.

I know Daley from back in the days when we were at the level you're at now and you had a whole Division named after you so thing are very much different now. I just wish a few more of our fans would remember where we've come from and where we might go back to. We're a lot more complacent and entitled than we were ten years ago.

It's interesting to see that the myths about us persist. We've not really played the way some think for some time now and even under Pulis, it wasn't always entirely true. It might change in my lifetime, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I know we battered you, but if it helps, I've seen Stoke taken apart in similar fashion by Spurs and Chelsea etc on a regular basis so there's not only a big gulf between our level of the Premier League and League One, but another between where we are and the top 4 or 5. We can't bridge that, but it's possible for you to do it to our level, as has been proven.

Liked your left back, your fans were great, hope they had a decent day anyway. Now go f&%@ yourselves. :)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 12:25]

Howdy greyman.

Chose the players listed as i genuinely don't follow the Prem other than it being on in background when jnr is sat goggle-eyed at the awe and wonder that Gary Lineker can show him.

Glad to see Bojan get through the game unscathed, he will have bad memories of his last game than us.

Will always remember when getting beaten was the norm rather than an annoyance, knew that last night we were on a hiding to nothing and both myself and jnr had the correct score at 4-0.

Boom Boom Ramadan goal explosion doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.

Poll: DF in or out

Stoke v Dale team news on 13:59 - Aug 24 with 2301 viewspnc4eva1

To me the problem last night was not the defence but the midfield. In the first half neither full back was receiving any cover from the midfield. Raff and Nlthe (Dave) were left exposed two or three against one on several occasions. Keane and cannon both seemed to be playing the holding role. Kitching played OK but Inman was anonymous. Up front Henderson and Done made runs but were tracked well by an organised team.

Charlene Adamson ran the game and his influence was oy reduced in the second half when Cannon was able to close him down more quickly. Dave and Raff looked more comfortable with better cover from Henderson and William's who had replaced the ineffective Inman.

There were ta tial errors on team selection, but it was a game we were unlikely to win

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:18 - Aug 24 with 2152 viewsgrey_man

Stoke v Dale team news on 13:59 - Aug 24 by pnc4eva1

To me the problem last night was not the defence but the midfield. In the first half neither full back was receiving any cover from the midfield. Raff and Nlthe (Dave) were left exposed two or three against one on several occasions. Keane and cannon both seemed to be playing the holding role. Kitching played OK but Inman was anonymous. Up front Henderson and Done made runs but were tracked well by an organised team.

Charlene Adamson ran the game and his influence was oy reduced in the second half when Cannon was able to close him down more quickly. Dave and Raff looked more comfortable with better cover from Henderson and William's who had replaced the ineffective Inman.

There were ta tial errors on team selection, but it was a game we were unlikely to win

Part of the problem was the way you set up. We were playing a 3-4-2-1 which meant we were able to get in behind you all the time. We were constantly overlapping and doubling up on your full backs.
Stoke v Dale team news on 16:28 - Aug 24 with 2130 viewsJames1980

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:18 - Aug 24 by grey_man

Part of the problem was the way you set up. We were playing a 3-4-2-1 which meant we were able to get in behind you all the time. We were constantly overlapping and doubling up on your full backs.

I wonder how we would fair playing that formation

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:51 - Aug 24 with 2089 viewsgrey_man

Stoke v Dale team news on 13:25 - Aug 24 by Daley_Lama

Howdy greyman.

Chose the players listed as i genuinely don't follow the Prem other than it being on in background when jnr is sat goggle-eyed at the awe and wonder that Gary Lineker can show him.

Glad to see Bojan get through the game unscathed, he will have bad memories of his last game than us.

Will always remember when getting beaten was the norm rather than an annoyance, knew that last night we were on a hiding to nothing and both myself and jnr had the correct score at 4-0.

Boom Boom Ramadan goal explosion doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.

I was there the night Bojan was injured. He's not been the same since unfortunately.
Stoke v Dale team news on 18:34 - Aug 24 with 1944 viewsmingthemerciless

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:51 - Aug 24 by grey_man

I was there the night Bojan was injured. He's not been the same since unfortunately.

That's a shame, looked like he had the makings of a top player.
Stoke v Dale team news on 18:37 - Aug 24 with 1940 viewsD_Alien

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:51 - Aug 24 by grey_man

That's sad to hear, he is (or was) a brilliant little player. Hope he can still do enough to make an impact for you.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke v Dale team news on 20:28 - Aug 24 with 1795 viewsTVOS1907

Stoke v Dale team news on 16:28 - Aug 24 by James1980

I wonder how we would fair playing that formation

Scarborough?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stoke v Dale team news on 21:17 - Aug 24 with 1723 viewsnordenblue

Stoke v Dale team news on 20:28 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

Scarborough?

Are you going....?
Stoke v Dale team news on 21:32 - Aug 24 with 1691 viewsDaleAddict

Stoke v Dale team news on 21:17 - Aug 24 by nordenblue

Are you going....?

Not got thyme...

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Stoke v Dale team news on 21:47 - Aug 24 with 1661 viewsMolly

Stoke v Dale team news on 21:32 - Aug 24 by DaleAddict

Not got thyme...