Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with that!! 17:22 - Aug 26 with 7867 viewsTalkingSutty

Of course playing against 10 me at home you expect to nick the game but when you factor in our defensive problems and injuries I am pretty happy with that point today.

The defenders have had pelters and they have been well deserved, today they need a pat on the back. Big Jim was my man of the match but Rafferty pushed him close. A positive cameo from substitute Brown,during the second half he defended well and put in a very good shift. Matty Done was strangely quiet and man of the match Williams did nothing to deserve that accolade, but Allen, Cannon and Henderson put in decent performances.

Bury are a dismal outfit, bereft of ambition and team spirit. A collection of expensively assembled players who seem to be lacking in desire. I think Hill will be happy tonight, all things considered.Our season is yet to ignite but it will do.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 19:05]
Happy with that!! on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 5557 views442Dale

There were flashes from Williams but not MotM level.

Hope Davies isn't injured again and where's Calvin? Not a bad point with so many players missing. Bunney is a big loss.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Happy with that!! on 17:29 - Aug 26 with 5528 views1907

Stopped reading after you said Brown had a positive cameo.
Happy with that!! on 17:29 - Aug 26 with 5522 viewsDaleFan7

The defence had nothing to do after the sending off so not a game to massively judge them on. Williams rightly MOM for me, tried really hard with no much coming off for him.

We were completely toothless once we got to their box, They were even worse. All our league goals have been scored by Davies and he went off injured. Henderson having to come back to the half way line to get the ball once they were down to 10 men was painful to watch. It shouldn't need to happen.

It was a woeful game of football. Two bang average teams who won't be going anywhere fast.
Happy with that!! on 17:29 - Aug 26 with 5519 viewsmexmike

Its as if you were at another game.
Happy with that!! on 17:33 - Aug 26 with 5467 viewsdingdangblue

God how bad were bury! All that money and debt and they are getting worse. I'd ask for my money back for Harry Bunn whatever they paid for him and the Chinese Super kid was anonymous. If we'd assembled a squad and a wage bill of 4 million per year for that - I'd be seriously worried.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Happy with that!! on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 5375 viewsDalefc

Happy with that!! on 17:33 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

God how bad were bury! All that money and debt and they are getting worse. I'd ask for my money back for Harry Bunn whatever they paid for him and the Chinese Super kid was anonymous. If we'd assembled a squad and a wage bill of 4 million per year for that - I'd be seriously worried.

And still got a point with 10 men at your gaff.
Happy with that!! on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 5375 viewsSandyDrum

Happy with that!! on 17:26 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

Hope Davies isn't injured again and where's Calvin? Not a bad point with so many players missing. Bunney is a big loss.

Spoke to Calvin before the game, he has a groin strain.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Happy with that!! on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 5327 viewsD_Alien

I wouldn't say I was happy, but the clean sheet was a positive and I agree our defence looked a bit more secure, although not really tested

Brown looked better once he switched to the left, and I agree that he had a decent enough game despite the contrary opinions expressed by others. Some people around me were just willing him to fail, and he didn't

Raff MoM for me, thought Hendo had a poor game, starting when he buggered up the early initiative created by Williams by demanding a short corner and playing a very lazy pass; then wasted the opportunity following the sending off with a woeful free kick. He worked hard but created nothing; similarly Inman

We're hugely hampered by injuries of course, so I'll reserve overall judgment. I fear many casual fans won't

[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 17:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with that!! on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 5325 viewsoddjob007

Defensively we were pretty solid - but they were rubbish going forward. Beckford couldn't be arsed.

Williams was solid enough and grew into the game in 2nd half, not Motm.

Thought Allen was excellent - gulf in class between him and Cannon was plain to see. McGahey played well also.

Brown is league 2 standard and should be a squad player at best.

Tried to walk it in 2nd half - missed the likes of Bunney and Camps driving forward.
Happy with that!! on 17:54 - Aug 26 with 5226 viewsSuddenLad

Happy with that!! on 17:29 - Aug 26 by DaleFan7

The defence had nothing to do after the sending off so not a game to massively judge them on. Williams rightly MOM for me, tried really hard with no much coming off for him.

We were completely toothless once we got to their box, They were even worse. All our league goals have been scored by Davies and he went off injured. Henderson having to come back to the half way line to get the ball once they were down to 10 men was painful to watch. It shouldn't need to happen.

It was a woeful game of football. Two bang average teams who won't be going anywhere fast.

It was far from woeful. Frustrating maybe, but our keeper had time to read a book, even when they had 11 men on the pitch. We could have had 3i the last 15 miutes, but for sloppy finishing and a bit of bad luck.

Bury players were chucking themselves to the floor at every opportuity and Harry Bunn was a disgrace the way he went in on Brown. The look on his face as he made the challenge said it all.

Dale should have taken 3 points but they didn't. The missing players meant we were considerably weakened, yet those who came in, did their jobs. No criticisms today for a makeshift team.

I'd be seriously worried if that is the best that the Gigg Lane Galacticos can offer. Beckford and Ajose were toothless, no-one made any impact and Dale were always comfortable.

The signs are positive. For Dale at least.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Happy with that!! on 18:02 - Aug 26 with 5151 viewsdingdangblue

Happy with that!! on 17:41 - Aug 26 by Dalefc

As another messageboard member would say.............it's worth nothing. 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Happy with that!! on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 5046 viewsrobtheb

Happy with that!! on 17:26 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

Davies was down in front of were I was sat. The trainer and doctor seemed to be checking him over for concussion.....only an observation and I may be wrong.
Happy with that!! on 18:14 - Aug 26 with 5016 viewsonedalefan

Happy with that!! on 18:12 - Aug 26 by robtheb

Davies was down in front of were I was sat. The trainer and doctor seemed to be checking him over for concussion.....only an observation and I may be wrong.

Illness according to Hill on the radio.
Happy with that!! on 18:18 - Aug 26 with 4972 viewsrobtheb

Happy with that!! on 18:14 - Aug 26 by onedalefan

Illness according to Hill on the radio.

Yeh, just seen that.
Happy with that!! on 18:23 - Aug 26 with 4921 viewsTVOS1907

Happy with that!! on 17:29 - Aug 26 by 1907

Stopped reading after you said Brown had a positive cameo.

That's incredibly harsh. What did he do so badly today to warrant such a dismissive comment of TS's opinion?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Happy with that!! on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 4892 viewsSuddenLad

Happy with that!! on 18:23 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

That's incredibly harsh. What did he do so badly today to warrant such a dismissive comment of TS's opinion?

Brown was fine. The comment is nonsense.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Happy with that!! on 18:28 - Aug 26 with 4861 viewsTVOS1907

Happy with that!! on 17:41 - Aug 26 by Dalefc

It's about time, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Happy with that!! on 20:16 - Aug 26 with 4552 viewsrochdaleriddler

Happy with that!! on 17:46 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

I wouldn't say I was happy, but the clean sheet was a positive and I agree our defence looked a bit more secure, although not really tested

Brown looked better once he switched to the left, and I agree that he had a decent enough game despite the contrary opinions expressed by others. Some people around me were just willing him to fail, and he didn't

Raff MoM for me, thought Hendo had a poor game, starting when he buggered up the early initiative created by Williams by demanding a short corner and playing a very lazy pass; then wasted the opportunity following the sending off with a woeful free kick. He worked hard but created nothing; similarly Inman

We're hugely hampered by injuries of course, so I'll reserve overall judgment. I fear many casual fans won't

[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 17:49]

Hendo had to drop deep as he wasn't getting the ball, forwards all static , piss poor from everyone

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Happy with that!! on 20:17 - Aug 26 with 4543 viewsrochdaleriddler

Happy with that!! on 18:25 - Aug 26 by SuddenLad

He's crap

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Happy with that!! on 20:18 - Aug 26 with 4514 viewsD_Alien

Happy with that!! on 20:16 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

Hendo had to drop deep as he wasn't getting the ball, forwards all static , piss poor from everyone

I could see what Hendo was doing, I was referring to the poor decision-making when we had good positions

Happy with that!! on 20:45 - Aug 26 with 4370 views1907

Happy with that!! on 18:25 - Aug 26 by SuddenLad

Brown was absolute crap. Again. Never in my life have I seen a more cumbersome attempt at a footballer. A truly terrible signing.
Happy with that!! on 20:46 - Aug 26 with 4355 viewsSandyman

Today's game was between two equally clueless and awful teams. Certain individual performances deserve merit but as a viewing spectacle for the paying fan, it was utter gash. Like our last home game.

This seemed to be the concensus of fans I spoke to after the game. Two occasionals who each paid £20 for the pleasure of watching that nightmare in Pearl St left 10 minutes early and won't be going again for a while. I have a season ticket and can agree that it looks like a waste of time turning up. It's just not good to watch even when you are willing them on against local rivals.

Keith unhappy.
Eden unhappy.
Chaos at the Sandy Lane / Ratcliffes entrance with Graham Rawlinson down there trying to simmer it down.
Who hit the self destruct button ?
Happy with that!! on 20:51 - Aug 26 with 4321 viewsD_Alien

Happy with that!! on 20:45 - Aug 26 by 1907

Brown was absolute crap. Again. Never in my life have I seen a more cumbersome attempt at a footballer. A truly terrible signing.

The worst since your similar comments about McGahey at this stage last season?

Happy with that!! on 21:05 - Aug 26 with 4223 views1907

Happy with that!! on 20:51 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

The worst since your similar comments about McGahey at this stage last season?

Nah I was wrong about Mcgahey. I can assure you I'm not wrong about Brown.
Happy with that!! on 21:14 - Aug 26 with 4175 viewsD_Alien

Happy with that!! on 21:05 - Aug 26 by 1907

Nah I was wrong about Mcgahey. I can assure you I'm not wrong about Brown.

We don't need your assurance, we'll make our own minds up based on a longer run of games

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024