Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith post Bury 18:44 - Aug 26 with 6735 viewsDareToCalvin

Saying some very worrying things.
'So many things wrong at the club'
'It's derailing us'
'Before kick off today I felt like going home.'
'Someone almost seems to have an agenda.'
'Sometimes I think why bother'
Very alarming; never heard him say things like this before. Anyone know what he could be referring to?
Possibly agents and other clubs causing many players to turn heads? Very worried and hope it's resolved soon.
Whatever happens, I think we really need to get behind the boys; they need our support now more than ever before under Keith.
Keith post Bury on 18:55 - Aug 26 with 6631 viewsKenBoon

Was he not just talking about injuries and a bug going around the club they cannot shake off?
Keith post Bury on 18:58 - Aug 26 with 6601 views442Dale

Where's that from? Any idea what he's referring to as there's little doubt that the supporters are fully behind the manager, even when we all have an opinion on team matters that might not match his own.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith post Bury on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 6549 viewsD_Alien

I bloody well hope there's an agenda. Meetings can be a bit chaotic without one.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith post Bury on 19:04 - Aug 26 with 6499 viewsKenBoon

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hill-postbury_26.08.17/

Actual agenda quote: “There are so many things that are tripping us up that it almost feels like there’s some agenda against us that isn’t our fault."

On Matey FM the interviewer clarified what the problems were behind the scenes, he did say injuries and illness.
Keith post Bury on 19:12 - Aug 26 with 6393 viewsHuddersdale1

Early in the interview he alluded to more, then it seemed to me he back tracked when asked the direct question about anything else apart from injuries and illness
Keith post Bury on 19:23 - Aug 26 with 6303 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith post Bury on 19:12 - Aug 26 by Huddersdale1

Early in the interview he alluded to more, then it seemed to me he back tracked when asked the direct question about anything else apart from injuries and illness

I reckon Hills comments are being twisted. There can"t be any other manager in this Country who is given a free reign to run things how he wants. I don't believe for one moment anybody within the Club interferes negatively in anything he does. Hills got a unique managerial job at Rochdale in that respect.
Keith post Bury on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 6189 viewsoddjob007

Keith post Bury on 19:23 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

I reckon Hills comments are being twisted. There can"t be any other manager in this Country who is given a free reign to run things how he wants. I don't believe for one moment anybody within the Club interferes negatively in anything he does. Hills got a unique managerial job at Rochdale in that respect.

Think he's just having a moan about things out of his control working against us. Don't think there's anything in it, he's just down.
Keith post Bury on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 6178 viewsSuddenLad

There was a post a couple of days ago,moaning about Hendo and saying how he wasn't the right person to be captain 'on or off the pitch'. It had a hint of nastiness about it which caused me to respond with the words, 'What's your squad number'.

The post was deleted sharpish after that. Maybe there is some ill-feeling, though that's nothing more than pure speculation following the above.

If there is, I trust KH to deal effectively with it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Keith post Bury on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 6097 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith post Bury on 19:35 - Aug 26 by oddjob007

Think he's just having a moan about things out of his control working against us. Don't think there's anything in it, he's just down.

The amount of injuries and pretty long term ones over the last couple of seasons seems more than we have ever witnessed before, maybe thats just my imagination. Are some of the players just not up to the rigours of League One Football and the physical battles week in week out? They can string half a dozen games together and then pick up an injury. The manager mentioned that a number of players came back from pre season in bad shape, that's a recipe for picking up injuries.
Keith post Bury on 20:16 - Aug 26 with 5883 viewspnc4eva1

Keith post Bury on 19:45 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

The amount of injuries and pretty long term ones over the last couple of seasons seems more than we have ever witnessed before, maybe thats just my imagination. Are some of the players just not up to the rigours of League One Football and the physical battles week in week out? They can string half a dozen games together and then pick up an injury. The manager mentioned that a number of players came back from pre season in bad shape, that's a recipe for picking up injuries.

Could their injuries be linked to the number of games they play each season too. Under hill we seem to have had better Cup pedigree over the last few seasons and that too will add to the 46 played in the league.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Keith post Bury on 21:40 - Aug 26 with 5573 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill saying "We are in dire straits behind the scene" but adding that things could be cleared up this week. Is there a bug in the camp? Is there more than one person being lured by bigger money elsewhere???? It's anyone's guess.

I did comment, at the time, that the players' body language as they entered the pitch today wasn't good.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Keith post Bury on 22:42 - Aug 26 with 5359 viewsdownunder

Probably arrived to find the Wedding Limousine in his parking spot.That would really set him up for a bad day.
Keith post Bury on 01:28 - Aug 27 with 5020 viewsTVOS1907

Keith post Bury on 19:45 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

My worry is that we seem to be picking up most of our injuries in between matches.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith post Bury on 01:50 - Aug 27 with 4989 viewsdale_spotland

Heard a rumour in the pub pregame that Camps is extremely ill and In a bad way, and a lot of the squad have picked up similiar to Camps but not as serious. Couldn't tell you how true it is though, simply what I heard.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Keith post Bury on 07:38 - Aug 27 with 4770 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith post Bury on 19:35 - Aug 26 by SuddenLad

There was a post a couple of days ago,moaning about Hendo and saying how he wasn't the right person to be captain 'on or off the pitch'. It had a hint of nastiness about it which caused me to respond with the words, 'What's your squad number'.

The post was deleted sharpish after that. Maybe there is some ill-feeling, though that's nothing more than pure speculation following the above.

If there is, I trust KH to deal effectively with it.

Interesting post. I've always viewed Henderson as a bit of a maverick and a player who is capable of having a on field tantrum when things aren't going his way. I would never put him down as a Captain but Hill obviously views things differently. Always been a big fan of Henderson though, he's got loads of quality and his work rate is never in question. He wasn't playing brilliantly yesterday but then dropped deeper, probably following an instruction from the manager and helped us to keep the ball moving, admittedly he does his best work in the final third.

It's very difficult to pick a Captain because apart from Henderson the rest of the players are either not guaranteed a starting place or missing too many games through injury. Hill commented about a number of players out in Tenerife who he wasn't happy with and that unrest seems to have continued on and off the pitch into the new season. A clear week now so hopefully that will give everybody time to calm down and re-focus. Yesterday's point was a point gained in my book.
Keith post Bury on 13:20 - Aug 27 with 4261 viewsmidlandsdale

Not sure how you can twist 'dire straights behind the scene'

He mentioned it several times through the interview so I really don't think this should be dismissed as him having a moan. Lets look at the possible issues;

a) Injuries
Part of the game and whilst frustrating its not a sudden thing that happens an hour before kick off
b) Club Illness or bug
As above
c) Agents
Time of year I am afraid and its all done this week
d) Board room issues
Who knows!

My take on this is that given he clearly states its likely to be sorted this week it must be transfer related. Maybe we are about to lose Camps hence his absence and knowing Hilly that would really piss him off! Especially if Camps was due to play today and Hilly was told he couldn't pick him due to an impending departure. Cant think of anything else that would make him want to get in his car and go home an hour before kick off!
Keith post Bury on 13:39 - Aug 27 with 4186 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith post Bury on 13:20 - Aug 27 by midlandsdale

Not sure how you can twist 'dire straights behind the scene'

He mentioned it several times through the interview so I really don't think this should be dismissed as him having a moan. Lets look at the possible issues;

a) Injuries
Part of the game and whilst frustrating its not a sudden thing that happens an hour before kick off
b) Club Illness or bug
As above
c) Agents
Time of year I am afraid and its all done this week
d) Board room issues
Who knows!

My take on this is that given he clearly states its likely to be sorted this week it must be transfer related. Maybe we are about to lose Camps hence his absence and knowing Hilly that would really piss him off! Especially if Camps was due to play today and Hilly was told he couldn't pick him due to an impending departure. Cant think of anything else that would make him want to get in his car and go home an hour before kick off!

I have only heard snippets of Hills interview and those just related to illness and injury, I haven't heard him suggest anything else,so apologies if he has and I have missed it.
Keith post Bury on 13:42 - Aug 27 with 4169 viewselectricblue

Didnt Camps sign a new contract a few weeks ago !
If so that will increase his value..

I wonder if hill is peeved at not being able to make a few new signings....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keith post Bury on 13:49 - Aug 27 with 4148 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith post Bury on 13:42 - Aug 27 by electricblue

Didnt Camps sign a new contract a few weeks ago !
If so that will increase his value..

I wonder if hill is peeved at not being able to make a few new signings....

If the money is right for Camps why wouldn't we sell him? I don't think that would anger Hill in anyway, it's what we have always done. I don't see Hilly being restricted in making signings neither if needed, the Chairman and Directors will always support him within reason.
Keith post Bury on 16:41 - Aug 27 with 3917 viewsDale23years

Keith post Bury on 13:49 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

If the money is right for Camps why wouldn't we sell him? I don't think that would anger Hill in anyway, it's what we have always done. I don't see Hilly being restricted in making signings neither if needed, the Chairman and Directors will always support him within reason.

If anyone I'd sell Allen
Get a holding midfielder and a defender with the money

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith post Bury on 18:14 - Aug 27 with 3752 viewsCanaDale

Interesting. Especially hearing that the body language of the players was down before kick off yesterday? If it is a bug going around the club, not sure what can be done, other than wait it out. If it is transfer related, players having heads turned etc, I can understand his frustration, but aside from Camps, who just signed a new deal, I can't think of another that would have such big offers coming their way right now.
Keith post Bury on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 3661 viewsJames1980

Here is some surmising.
Was the 5 year deal Keith got because another club was looking to sign him and it would mean a decent amount of compensation and they changed their mind.
Although publicly they claim to be tickled pink about the season tickets are the board disappointed not to have got closer or achieved the 4000 figure.
Is revenue down on match days as most people who go are perhaps now season ticket holders. Plus the issue at half time in relation to the bar (I know there have only been 2 games perhaps shouldn't judge that)
Like I said at the start just surmising I am probably way off the mark
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 19:27]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024