Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions 13:28 - Sep 2 with 10458 viewsmidlandsdale

Its with increasing alarm that I get the feeling that unless you are in the 'forum club' your opinion is dismissed. Its like your not worthy to have a different opinion. I have witnessed several non members expressing views and then systematically ridiculed by those who think they know better.
Opinions on 13:30 - Sep 2 with 6206 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with that... look at the stick i get!!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 13:30]
Opinions on 13:53 - Sep 2 with 6134 views442Dale

Opinions on 13:30 - Sep 2 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that... look at the stick i get!!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 13:30]

And I've been ridiculed for years for trying to ensure you all care about kit clashes more.

I miss our Gary Jones debates the most though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Opinions on 13:54 - Sep 2 with 6129 viewsDaleFan7

This forum has been like that for years. There are the obvious 'trolls' who will post random cr*p for the sake of it. But if you do have a genuine view that is different to certain others on here or is against Hill/their favourite player it is shot down and jumped on as soon as it hits the ground.
Opinions on 14:04 - Sep 2 with 6088 views442Dale

Opinions on 13:54 - Sep 2 by DaleFan7

This forum has been like that for years. There are the obvious 'trolls' who will post random cr*p for the sake of it. But if you do have a genuine view that is different to certain others on here or is against Hill/their favourite player it is shot down and jumped on as soon as it hits the ground.

If people want to disagree for disagreeing's sake it's easy enough to challenge and ask for clarification. Having posted enough constructive criticism about managers and players, it's never been a, problem if others have a different opinion.

Stick to your guns and stay true to yourself - similar to having a conversation over a pint really.

Opinions on 14:14 - Sep 2 with 6041 viewsShun

Opinions on 14:04 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

If people want to disagree for disagreeing's sake it's easy enough to challenge and ask for clarification. Having posted enough constructive criticism about managers and players, it's never been a, problem if others have a different opinion.

Stick to your guns and stay true to yourself - similar to having a conversation over a pint really.

Absolutely. It's fine to have a different opinion, it encourages discussion. But be prepared to have it challenged. I think some people mistake having their opinion challenged with being ganged up upon and being ridiculed, which I personally don't believe is happening.
Opinions on 14:15 - Sep 2 with 6039 viewsSuddenLad

No specific opinion is worth any more than another. There will always be people who disagree. Some will do so by proposing an alterative, equally valid opinion, others will take umbrage because someone has the temerity to challenge what they say.

Trolls will always try and force people into a response by the comments they make. Best ignored. Just stick to the subject matter and leave the trolls speak to themselves.

Not always easy, I agree and sometimes I fall into the same trap. I don't mind banter, or even humorous pi$$ taking to a point, but nastiness is not acceptable. Ever.

Quite what the 'Forum Club' is, I don't know. We've all subscribed to it, enabling us to post comments, so I guess we are all members.

The only people who seem to get 'shouted down' are the interlopers from other clubs who appear on here, some to specifically and intentionally aggravate us and others who try to defend the indefensible from the club 'down the road'.............. all I would say is, if you have a opinion, express it, If others disagree, just accept that and move on.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:15]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Opinions on 14:17 - Sep 2 with 6016 views442Dale

Opinions on 14:15 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

No specific opinion is worth any more than another. There will always be people who disagree. Some will do so by proposing an alterative, equally valid opinion, others will take umbrage because someone has the temerity to challenge what they say.

Trolls will always try and force people into a response by the comments they make. Best ignored. Just stick to the subject matter and leave the trolls speak to themselves.

Not always easy, I agree and sometimes I fall into the same trap. I don't mind banter, or even humorous pi$$ taking to a point, but nastiness is not acceptable. Ever.

Quite what the 'Forum Club' is, I don't know. We've all subscribed to it, enabling us to post comments, so I guess we are all members.

The only people who seem to get 'shouted down' are the interlopers from other clubs who appear on here, some to specifically and intentionally aggravate us and others who try to defend the indefensible from the club 'down the road'.............. all I would say is, if you have a opinion, express it, If others disagree, just accept that and move on.

But you agree we'd better be in white shorts today, right?

Opinions on 14:43 - Sep 2 with 5930 viewsDaleiLama

Opinions on 14:15 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

Once again the voice of reason.

There are obviously a group of posters on here who know each other very well from time spent together over many years, who also share in jokes, but that doesn't imply they have a "hive" opinion.

There are occasionally ridiculous comments made and they are scorned. That's life. That happens in the pub, at work and on here.

There are often some crunching challenges of opinions that go in, but again, any time an "opinion" is expressed, it is as open to being challenged as it is to be ridiculed if it is ridiculous. Equally, the option to defend an opinion is there for any poster.

There are as many opinions on here as there are posters and sometimes I wonder if I went to the same game as some. I read other opinions to come to a more rounded viewpoint - one which levels out my favouritism. For me, NML could do no wrong, but I accept that others have criticised him. Neither opinion is right or wrong as they are personal opinions - like certain holes .......... we all have one.

I tend to avoid the forum after bad results, partly due to personal circs and partly because frustrations can spill over and moods turn ugly. Similarly when posters have had a few scoops too many sometimes. Most of the time though, I would say it is a fairly civilised, open and friendly place. Like in life, posters have their favourites and they are often but not exclusively those whose opinions chime with their own.

To me, there is no "club" other than Rochdale. I'll decline to comment about whether the OP applies to RAFC after recent events.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:47]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on 14:49 - Sep 2 with 5893 viewsD_Alien

Don't forget that some who might be regarded as being 'in the club' (ooer) were also newbies once. I've been posting since about 2007 and it takes time and a lot of standing firm (ooer x2) before you can establish an identity. Sometimes it's just a case of testing someone's mettle. Why? So they can be respected. I disagree with SL that all opinions are valid - I'd qualify that with all opinions based on genuine fandom and desire to contribute positively. Those who have a different agenda will get short shrift, and nowt wrong with that. It's not a knitting circle.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Opinions on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 5872 viewsDaleiLama

Opinions on 14:49 - Sep 2 by D_Alien

Don't forget that some who might be regarded as being 'in the club' (ooer) were also newbies once. I've been posting since about 2007 and it takes time and a lot of standing firm (ooer x2) before you can establish an identity. Sometimes it's just a case of testing someone's mettle. Why? So they can be respected. I disagree with SL that all opinions are valid - I'd qualify that with all opinions based on genuine fandom and desire to contribute positively. Those who have a different agenda will get short shrift, and nowt wrong with that. It's not a knitting circle.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:51]

Apparently "it's only a game"? QED

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Opinions on 14:58 - Sep 2 with 5829 viewsKnowlesy

To be fair, I don't know anybody from their usernames on this forum, but I don't think that I get my opinions dismissed or picked on or anything like that really.

I've seen a couple of occasions where people have been targeted, like James1980 recently, but a lot of the time I assume it's something personal between individuals normally.
Opinions on 15:19 - Sep 2 with 5770 viewsD_Alien

Opinions on 14:52 - Sep 2 by DaleiLama

Apparently "it's only a game"? QED

Aye, but we're a close-knit community

Opinions on 15:29 - Sep 2 with 5727 viewsYorkshire_Dale

There's quite a few groups of "up-tickers" who applaud each others comments continously.

Given up looking now.....always the same.
Opinions on 15:31 - Sep 2 with 5713 views442Dale

Opinions on 15:29 - Sep 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

There's quite a few groups of "up-tickers" who applaud each others comments continously.

I've never bothered noticing that.

It's back to having faith in what you believe, not what others think about it.

Opinions on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 5678 views1mark1

Opinions on 15:29 - Sep 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Very true that.
Quite often wether a post gets a thumbs up or down will depend on who has posted it, but I suppose that's the same on all forums/ message boards, social media.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Opinions on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 5608 viewsJimmyRustler

All messageboards are cliques and this one is no different
Opinions on 16:01 - Sep 2 with 5602 viewsSuddenLad

Opinions on 15:59 - Sep 2 by JimmyRustler

All messageboards are cliques and this one is no different

Who are the members of this clique ? How do I apply ?? What are the benefits of joining ??

Opinions on 16:08 - Sep 2 with 5582 viewsJimmyRustler

Opinions on 16:01 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

Who are the members of this clique ? How do I apply ?? What are the benefits of joining ??

No idea what the benefits are because I'm not in it...maybe free reacharounds for all at fans forums? As for who's in it, it's pretty obvious who's in the club and who isn't but if I compiled a list for you then I'd only get shouted down before the thread turned into some shite innuendo filled cringefest
Opinions on 16:24 - Sep 2 with 5544 viewsD_Alien

Opinions on 16:08 - Sep 2 by JimmyRustler

No idea what the benefits are because I'm not in it...maybe free reacharounds for all at fans forums? As for who's in it, it's pretty obvious who's in the club and who isn't but if I compiled a list for you then I'd only get shouted down before the thread turned into some shite innuendo filled cringefest

The benefits are being able to post shite innuendos with full acknowledement that they're shite innuendos, as opposed to posting them and not knowing...

Opinions on 16:26 - Sep 2 with 5527 viewsSuddenLad

Opinions on 16:08 - Sep 2 by JimmyRustler

If 'all message boards are cliques', then by definition, you are in it.

Opinions on 16:32 - Sep 2 with 5512 viewsJames1980

What is defined as trolling?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Opinions on 16:36 - Sep 2 with 5483 viewsJimmyRustler

Opinions on 16:26 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

If 'all message boards are cliques', then by definition, you are in it.

You must be in the clique if you're allowed to be that anal
Opinions on 16:38 - Sep 2 with 5474 viewsJimmyRustler

Opinions on 16:24 - Sep 2 by D_Alien

The benefits are being able to post shite innuendos with full acknowledement that they're shite innuendos, as opposed to posting them and not knowing...

At least you can admit that theyre shite
Opinions on 16:42 - Sep 2 with 5452 viewsSuddenLad

Opinions on 16:36 - Sep 2 by JimmyRustler

You must be in the clique if you're allowed to be that anal

And you have now identified what a 'troll' is. Thanks....

Opinions on 16:45 - Sep 2 with 5444 viewsD_Alien

Opinions on 16:38 - Sep 2 by JimmyRustler

At least you can admit that theyre shite

Of course they're shite, it's just a bit of harmless rubbish! I'm hardly likely to take offence at your suggestion that I frequent the Pearl St bogs looking for trade, or summat like that? Even if it were true...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024