Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: MKDons a 14:07 - Sep 16 with 15742 views442Dale

Unchanged team

Camps back on the bench with Ntlhe. Kitching and Canavan now missing.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 14:10]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:06 - Sep 17 with 1867 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: MKDons a on 08:47 - Sep 17 by RAFCBLUE

Hill's getting it wrong for me right now.

I don't understand, why during another abysmal run, he is not putting square pegs in square holes and using the experience in the side to steady the ship and keep it defensively tight.

Keith Keane - where is he? He's not injured or ill. He's not being picked.

Niall Canavan - dropped from the 16 yesterday; his last efforts saw a clean sheet with ten men at Southend

Joe Bunney - awful again yesterday. Nice lad, not a natural left back. Opposition has now sussed that he is a weakness and get after him. Hill had to sub him on 56 minutes to stop him getting beaten and protect our left hand side.

We need to stop the defensive rot. If we don't we can kiss goodbye to league 1 status.

Bunney couldn't have complained if he got the hook after 30 mins. Two poor teams yesterday, oh and Milton Keynes is a crap away day, no atmosphere

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 1866 views100notout

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:03 - Sep 17 by TVOS1907

I think it's obvious what was meant by "everyone".

Everyone includes Hill. His change of attitude is mystifying if not unsurprising

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:16 - Sep 17 with 1830 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:06 - Sep 17 by rochdaleriddler

Bunney couldn't have complained if he got the hook after 30 mins. Two poor teams yesterday, oh and Milton Keynes is a crap away day, no atmosphere

Nice comfy seats through

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 1817 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:07 - Sep 17 by 100notout

Everyone includes Hill. His change of attitude is mystifying if not unsurprising

Aye, but I think 'everyone' wasn't actually 'everyone' at all.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:33 - Sep 17 with 1777 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: MKDons a on 23:18 - Sep 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

He's probably felt like this for some time......sounds like its boiled over into a right rant.

Remember though, he brought these players in that are letting him down

For me it's Hill that isn't doing his job properly, he doesn't drop out of form players, slow to react to the defensive horror show yesterday , being players in on loan then doesn't play them, and drops people from the squad, leaving everyone to speculate about 'issues and injury. The defence cost us a play off place last term, it's now worse.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: MKDons a on 12:13 - Sep 17 with 1712 viewsDorsetDale

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:27 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

In fact, it'd we worth trying something different with three centrally - both McNulty and Daniels will feel comfortable covering in wider areas behind wing-backs and we need to see if trying a new formation helps.

Defence and midfield as below, can worry about the strikers later. If Bunney needs a rest, would be tempted to stick Done at left wing-back.

-----Daniels---McGahey--- McNulty
Rafferty------------------------Bunney
--------------Williams12------------
----------Camps---Rathbone-------

Based solely on my limited viewing ie 2 mins on ifollow, three at the back could reap rewards 'cos looking at those highlights, Raff and Mcgahey are involved in all three goals and neither seem to know what t'other (and therefore themselves) should be doing. It's obvious for the first that one of them should attempt to close down the cross but appear to wait for each other to make that decision. What they're doing for the second and third is anyone's guess!

Edit: my mistake, mistook Williams for Mcgahey on second goal. And having seen the 10 minute highlight edition, I'm possibly being harsh on Raff for the third.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 12:29]

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match thread: MKDons a on 12:22 - Sep 17 with 1692 viewspioneer

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:19 - Sep 17 by TVOS1907

Aye, but I think 'everyone' wasn't actually 'everyone' at all.

his mouth not engaging hisbrain? Or just him wanting to mislead folks by meaning to say everyone but me?
Match thread: MKDons a on 12:24 - Sep 17 with 1689 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:12 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

We shouldn't need to with the manager being a defender as a player.

re. Previous points about Bunney, he's a perfectly good left back and crucial to the way we play but he needs to be totally fit to hit the heights of last season. Until then, play McNulty there. The other option is we try three central defenders and wing-backs which would suit Bunney too.
Ntlhe isn't good enough positionally right now and needs a lot of time to have that coached into him.

The Keane issue is mystifying.

Sadly, I think that Joe Bunney at left back is something that our opposition have understood how to watch out for and know how to exploit.

Against Shrewsbury, Bunney was a half time sub and given a hard time by the Shewsbury winger albeit in a game we were behind in when he came on. Joe then doesn't play in the next two league games as a result.

Against Blackburn he returned and had a torrid time. To the point that virtually every Blackburn fan vocally pointed that out to him for most of the match. We hid behind the fact he was coming back from injury, hadn't had a full pre-season. We also didn't explain why we changed a back four that the week before had kept a clean sheet.

Against Doncaster, Bunney is booked for a rash tackle and given a hard time by the opposing right winger. We win the game in injury time having gone behind. Bunney creates the winning goal from a corner.

Yesterday was the worst of the four performances IMO. Bunney is missing at left back for the first goal and virtually every MK Dons attack that came down our left resulted in a cross or piece of play that left us vunerable defensively. Bunney was lucky not to be booked just before he was subbed for a rash tackle. The MK Dons #7 (Ariyibi) played as wide as he could and created lots of space for himself to play.

If I was Scott Wagstaff or Josh Parker at Gillingham I would be looking at playing against Bunney next week with some relish.

We've conceded 7 goals in the 280 minutes Joe has been on the pitch this season - 2.24 goals a game.

I can't see that getting better quickly from what I've see in the first sixth of this season.

Nice guy - good going forward but does not think, play or act like a defender. If we want him in the side for his offence then play him as such; but pick a defensive line that can clear the ball and knows how not to leave in spaces in the channels for the opposition to capitalise on.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: MKDons a on 13:01 - Sep 17 with 1623 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:27 - Sep 17 by Dale23years

I might (think I am) wrong here but do you not think Bunneys success was down to JT being in front of him, when Bunney attacked JT dropped bk. They also both doubled up at Left back when the opposition attacked. He doesn't have that support now so left exposed at left back.

I think you're right. Successful teams are about balance - JT isn't NML but his workrate closing down and protecting his FB is why Hill rates him (ditto Michael Rose). Done leaves Raff unprotected for MKDs first, MJ Williams overcommits and misses the tackle with their 2nd. With our personnel/formation we have become very right side dominant and therefore left side cover is crucial. It's not Hendo's strength, Allen struggled when played left midfield and it's not been Inman's preferred position. Having said that the highlights show our attacking strength is returning (we had more shots on target than MK and on another day we'd have got at least a point) and Camps returning alongside MJ Williams will add to that.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: MKDons a on 14:02 - Sep 17 with 1561 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:16 - Sep 17 by Dale23years

Nice comfy seats through

It's a nice ground , pies were good. Maybe if we had won I'd have enjoyed it more

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024