Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: MKDons a 14:07 - Sep 16 with 15741 views442Dale

Unchanged team

Camps back on the bench with Ntlhe. Kitching and Canavan now missing.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 14:10]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: MKDons a on 16:57 - Sep 16 with 3640 views1mark1

Bad result, poor conceding so many goals again.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:00 - Sep 16 with 3576 viewsKenBoon

Match thread: MKDons a on 16:57 - Sep 16 by 1mark1

Their winner is shocking but Davies has two great chances in the second half. The header that goes straight at the 'keeper and when through, the only thing heavier than his touch was the rain. He also had a very decent half-chance when he shot wide. We've had enough chances today to make up for the brain fade at the back.
Match thread: MKDons a on 17:02 - Sep 16 with 3546 viewsPeaky

Have to agree. Our defence is sub standard and would struggle in league 2. Basically walked straight through our centre pair again. All the hard work counts for nothing when you come away with nothing. We are not going to maintain our league one status with this back line sadly. Played well for long spells today but these lapses will send us down. We are conceeding for fun!!!
Match thread: MKDons a on 17:05 - Sep 16 with 3502 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 16:57 - Sep 16 by 1mark1

KH not addressed our defensive issues for well over 12 months,surely Hill can see what every single Dale fan can see about our defence

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:14 - Sep 16 with 3424 views442Dale

MK had only scored four league goals before today. It's reaching the stage that you go into every game with no confidence whatsoever that we will be able to keep a clean sheet.

The Checkatrade game on Tuesday is the perfect opportunity to try Daniels with McGahey. Nothing else has worked so far, so there's little argument for insisting on a left footed CH.

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 3381 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:14 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

MK had only scored four league goals before today. It's reaching the stage that you go into every game with no confidence whatsoever that we will be able to keep a clean sheet.

The Checkatrade game on Tuesday is the perfect opportunity to try Daniels with McGahey. Nothing else has worked so far, so there's little argument for insisting on a left footed CH.

MK looked like they could have scored every time they attacked.

He'll bring Caveman bk and Daniels at RB , Hope am wrong through

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:23 - Sep 16 with 3342 viewsDannyG_RAFC

We're still 3 or 4 points Behind where we need to be. Daniels and Mcgahey next week is a Must. Next week is another must win game with 2 poor sides at COA. One step Forward. Two Steps Back.
Crede Signo. Keep the Faith.
Match thread: MKDons a on 17:27 - Sep 16 with 3310 views442Dale

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:19 - Sep 16 by Dale23years

MK looked like they could have scored every time they attacked.

He'll bring Caveman bk and Daniels at RB , Hope am wrong through

In fact, it'd we worth trying something different with three centrally - both McNulty and Daniels will feel comfortable covering in wider areas behind wing-backs and we need to see if trying a new formation helps.

Defence and midfield as below, can worry about the strikers later. If Bunney needs a rest, would be tempted to stick Done at left wing-back.

-----Daniels---McGahey--- McNulty
Rafferty------------------------Bunney
--------------Williams12------------
----------Camps---Rathbone-------

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:30 - Sep 16 with 3288 views442Dale

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:23 - Sep 16 by DannyG_RAFC

We're still 3 or 4 points Behind where we need to be. Daniels and Mcgahey next week is a Must. Next week is another must win game with 2 poor sides at COA. One step Forward. Two Steps Back.
Crede Signo. Keep the Faith.

In the interests of fairness, from those present, McNulty was our best defender.

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:51 - Sep 16 with 3149 views442Dale

Hill very critical of the players in quotes on twitter.

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:51 - Sep 16 with 3149 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:05 - Sep 16 by Dale23years

KH not addressed our defensive issues for well over 12 months,surely Hill can see what every single Dale fan can see about our defence

He's sounds pretty angry about our defending TBF

Match thread: MKDons a on 18:16 - Sep 16 with 3020 viewsShun

Not about this season at all.
Match thread: MKDons a on 18:43 - Sep 16 with 2880 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:00 - Sep 16 by KenBoon

Their winner is shocking but Davies has two great chances in the second half. The header that goes straight at the 'keeper and when through, the only thing heavier than his touch was the rain. He also had a very decent half-chance when he shot wide. We've had enough chances today to make up for the brain fade at the back.

I think it was Done who had the heavy touch after Camps played him through. Few minutes later they play one over the top too and it is 3-2. It was a very enjoyable game but it is fine margins that decide these type of games. We didn't deliver during a 15 minute spell, and they did

Done & Davies look like strangers to each other to me. They are just not clicking together as a pair. Hopefully Done kicks on now with his goal
Match thread: MKDons a on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 2861 viewsmacro

Bunney poor today. Rafferty not at his best closing down for the second and mcgahey has a brain freeze identical to Shrewsbury for the third. Terrible defending raises it's ugly head again.
Match thread: MKDons a on 19:07 - Sep 16 with 2769 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:51 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

Hill very critical of the players in quotes on twitter.

Whilst still keeping the same players playing the same position.... stick Daniels at centre back the position he brought in to strengthen,I'd even be tempted to put someone like Keane(yes remember him!!) in front of the back 4 to break things up and take some pressure off
Match thread: MKDons a on 22:20 - Sep 16 with 2402 views442Dale

Match thread: MKDons a on 18:16 - Sep 16 by Shun

Not about this season at all.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/post-match-mkdons_hill_16.09.1

Very honest assessment around mistakes that have been happening for a long time and haven't been addressed.

Match thread: MKDons a on 22:25 - Sep 16 with 2389 viewspioneer

Match thread: MKDons a on 17:51 - Sep 16 by Dale23years

He's sounds pretty angry about our defending TBF

Whatever hppened to his "i think the players should besupported by everyone at the football club" from 4 days ago?
Match thread: MKDons a on 23:18 - Sep 16 with 2267 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: MKDons a on 22:20 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/post-match-mkdons_hill_16.09.1

Very honest assessment around mistakes that have been happening for a long time and haven't been addressed.

He's probably felt like this for some time......sounds like its boiled over into a right rant.

Remember though, he brought these players in that are letting him down
Match thread: MKDons a on 08:47 - Sep 17 with 1969 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match thread: MKDons a on 22:25 - Sep 16 by pioneer

Whatever hppened to his "i think the players should besupported by everyone at the football club" from 4 days ago?

Hill's getting it wrong for me right now.

I don't understand, why during another abysmal run, he is not putting square pegs in square holes and using the experience in the side to steady the ship and keep it defensively tight.

Keith Keane - where is he? He's not injured or ill. He's not being picked.

Niall Canavan - dropped from the 16 yesterday; his last efforts saw a clean sheet with ten men at Southend

Joe Bunney - awful again yesterday. Nice lad, not a natural left back. Opposition has now sussed that he is a weakness and get after him. Hill had to sub him on 56 minutes to stop him getting beaten and protect our left hand side.

We need to stop the defensive rot. If we don't we can kiss goodbye to league 1 status.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:00 - Sep 17 with 1842 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 08:47 - Sep 17 by RAFCBLUE

Hill's getting it wrong for me right now.

I don't understand, why during another abysmal run, he is not putting square pegs in square holes and using the experience in the side to steady the ship and keep it defensively tight.

Keith Keane - where is he? He's not injured or ill. He's not being picked.

Niall Canavan - dropped from the 16 yesterday; his last efforts saw a clean sheet with ten men at Southend

Joe Bunney - awful again yesterday. Nice lad, not a natural left back. Opposition has now sussed that he is a weakness and get after him. Hill had to sub him on 56 minutes to stop him getting beaten and protect our left hand side.

We need to stop the defensive rot. If we don't we can kiss goodbye to league 1 status.

Our defending for first,third goals looks worst on tv, than it did at stadium.

Do we employ a defensive coach ?????

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:12 - Sep 17 with 1812 views442Dale

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:00 - Sep 17 by Dale23years

We shouldn't need to with the manager being a defender as a player.

re. Previous points about Bunney, he's a perfectly good left back and crucial to the way we play but he needs to be totally fit to hit the heights of last season. Until then, play McNulty there. The other option is we try three central defenders and wing-backs which would suit Bunney too.
Ntlhe isn't good enough positionally right now and needs a lot of time to have that coached into him.

The Keane issue is mystifying.

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:16 - Sep 17 with 1808 viewsBass1

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:00 - Sep 17 by Dale23years

This defence is going to send us to league 2. I'm pretty sure that MK Dons had scored 4 goals all season. They have nearly doubled that in one game against us.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 10:27]

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:27 - Sep 17 with 1779 viewsDale23years

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:12 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

We shouldn't need to with the manager being a defender as a player.

re. Previous points about Bunney, he's a perfectly good left back and crucial to the way we play but he needs to be totally fit to hit the heights of last season. Until then, play McNulty there. The other option is we try three central defenders and wing-backs which would suit Bunney too.
Ntlhe isn't good enough positionally right now and needs a lot of time to have that coached into him.

The Keane issue is mystifying.

I might (think I am) wrong here but do you not think Bunneys success was down to JT being in front of him, when Bunney attacked JT dropped bk. They also both doubled up at Left back when the opposition attacked. He doesn't have that support now so left exposed at left back.

Match thread: MKDons a on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 1691 viewsD_Alien

Let's face it, we're all guilty of letting the manager down. We're not good enough fans, the players aren't doing what he tells them. He was betrayed at Barnsley, too, apparently

Does his dog let him down if it doesn't return immediately he whistles?

Admittedly i wasn't there yesterday, but I saw nothing on the highlights that doesn't happen week in week out at every football club. Nothing catastrophic, just a typical five goals at L1 level

I'm content with waiting for our form & results to improve, which they will, although I suspect this will be a season of transition rather than challenging for the playoffs. We've no 'right' to be up there every season. If KH thinks having a go in public at his own players will have the desired effect, i hope he's got that one right, because it sure as hell doesn't work with the fans

I'm still a huge fan of the teams he's produced, but does he know how to manage in a struggling side? The experience at Barnsley suggests otherwise. Does his post match reaction on Tuesday make fans suddenly start cheering for 95 minutes, like automatons? Can his post match reaction yesterday make defenders 10% quicker, either of foot, or in reaction times?

I think we'll finish mid-table, and that's just fine by me. Even a desperate struggle to escape the drop might have its merits, if our management team are able to learn anything from it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: MKDons a on 11:03 - Sep 17 with 1676 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: MKDons a on 22:25 - Sep 16 by pioneer

I think it's obvious what was meant by "everyone".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024