Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Title Edit: Keith Hill 20:09 - Sep 17 with 12888 viewsrdaleouis

I'm the biggest fan of Keith Hill and personally, I don't think there is any replacement who understands and can do as well with such a small budget as Hilly. But the start to the season has been really poor and I'm starting to see more and more people slating Keith Hill because of this and on Twitter, some are even calling him for to be sacked.

My question is, if we continue in this fashion and play poorly/lose against Gillingham; how long does Keith Hill have left before he gets the sack? I really think that if we sack him we'll never find a replacement worthy of his position and hopefully the board realises this but at the same time, we can't keep playing poorly and losing games.

What do you guys think? (Not trying to start a war, just want to find out where people stand with Keith and the start of the season)
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 21:45]
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:10 - Sep 17 with 11240 viewsnordenblue

As long as he wants.......
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:13 - Sep 17 with 11223 viewsrdaleouis

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:10 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

As long as he wants.......

So you don't think the board will sack him, even if pressure from fans are calling him for him to go? That's what I'm concerned about
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:18 - Sep 17 with 11198 viewsTVOS1907

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:13 - Sep 17 by rdaleouis

So you don't think the board will sack him, even if pressure from fans are calling him for him to go? That's what I'm concerned about

No, he's got a five year contract.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 11195 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11765/10884670/keith-hill-signs-new-five-

Here until May 2022 at least.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:25 - Sep 17 with 11173 viewsfitzochris

Those calling for him to be sacked (if they exist) clearly haven't supported the club during the tenure of any other manager.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:27 - Sep 17 with 11163 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:20 - Sep 17 by RAFCBLUE

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11765/10884670/keith-hill-signs-new-five-

Here until May 2022 at least.

That's why he here for the long haul.........we can't afford to sack him on that contract.
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:29 - Sep 17 with 11155 viewsDaley_Lama

We could go down bottom of the division and I personally wouldn't sack him.

Poll: DF in or out

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:32 - Sep 17 with 11135 viewsTVOS1907

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:27 - Sep 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's why he here for the long haul.........we can't afford to sack him on that contract.

He's here for the long haul because he's the best man for the job.

Login to get fewer ads

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:33 - Sep 17 with 11127 viewsShun

Strange that we've had a number of first-time posters subtlely (or not so) suggesting Hill's time is up.
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:38 - Sep 17 with 11111 viewsrdaleouis

I'm not suggesting his time is up? Just opening up a discussion.

I'm glad so many people are with me that Keith is the right man for the job because there are a few calling for him to go on Twitter every time we lose a game
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:40 - Sep 17 with 11101 viewsfitzochris

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:38 - Sep 17 by rdaleouis

I'm not suggesting his time is up? Just opening up a discussion.

I'm glad so many people are with me that Keith is the right man for the job because there are a few calling for him to go on Twitter every time we lose a game

Twitter is full of the type who engage typing hand before brain.

I was called a Scottish weirdo on Twitter yesterday. They were half right.

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:48 - Sep 17 with 11071 viewsroccydaleian

If we ever heard loud chants of lots of people in the stands chanting "Keith Hill out" the board might have to think about it I suppose. But seeing that will probably never happen it's probably irrelevant. Have you got a pretend banner by any chance?
How long has Hilly got left? on 20:55 - Sep 17 with 11038 viewsrdaleouis

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:48 - Sep 17 by roccydaleian

If we ever heard loud chants of lots of people in the stands chanting "Keith Hill out" the board might have to think about it I suppose. But seeing that will probably never happen it's probably irrelevant. Have you got a pretend banner by any chance?

Yeah I hope so, what's a pretend banner?
How long has Hilly got left? on 21:18 - Sep 17 with 10964 viewsLS27Rdale

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:55 - Sep 17 by rdaleouis

Yeah I hope so, what's a pretend banner?

id take no notice.....they will all just gang up on you.

IMHO, the start is pretty much the same as a few times over the last 5 or 6 years.

i think mr hills job is safe.
How long has Hilly got left? on 21:19 - Sep 17 with 10961 viewsD_Alien

I don't see any need for people to have a go at rdaleouis. He's raised a question and clearly isn't advocating that we should do anything but support KH, although he might've phrased the OP title a bit better

Social media plays such a significant factor in the lives of the younger generation (and some older ones too, no doubt) and along with 'fake news' will increasingly generate this type of speculation. If, as i'm assuming, rdaleouis is aged below 25 then that's just the way the world looks and it's not an attempt at trolling

(If, on the other hand, rdaleouis is say, 30+, then he's clearly an idiot!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:25 - Sep 17 with 10932 viewsfitzochris

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:19 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

I don't see any need for people to have a go at rdaleouis. He's raised a question and clearly isn't advocating that we should do anything but support KH, although he might've phrased the OP title a bit better

Social media plays such a significant factor in the lives of the younger generation (and some older ones too, no doubt) and along with 'fake news' will increasingly generate this type of speculation. If, as i'm assuming, rdaleouis is aged below 25 then that's just the way the world looks and it's not an attempt at trolling

I wouldn't say social media is exclusively the domain of under 25s, it's used widely by all ages and demographics.

I'm not having a go at rdaleouois, just pointing out that a lot of people using Twitter use it the same way people do a football forum. People calling for Hill's head via social media are not to be taken as any kind of yardstick.

As Roccy says, if the folk in the stands begin chanting 'Hill out' at games, that would be telling. It won't happen, though. Too many of us remember Graham Barrow.

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:32 - Sep 17 with 10897 viewsTVOS1907

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:48 - Sep 17 by roccydaleian

I think that cheap cappuccino is going to your head, roccy.

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:36 - Sep 17 with 10885 viewsdingdangblue

Why would your 1st ever post on this forum be "how long has Hilly got left"? - it's obviously a non Dale fan causing mischief.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:36 - Sep 17 with 10886 viewsrdaleouis

Thank you! I am 17 haha and just wanted to open out the discussion to see other people's viewpoints. Glad that not everybody thinks that I am a troll :) Sorry, the title was worded badly, if there is any way of changing it I will but I'm new to posting here
How long has Hilly got left? on 21:38 - Sep 17 with 10873 viewsTVOS1907

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:18 - Sep 17 by LS27Rdale

id take no notice.....they will all just gang up on you.

IMHO, the start is pretty much the same as a few times over the last 5 or 6 years.

i think mr hills job is safe.

One of my friends kept raving about Game of Thrones and told me I had to watch it.

We tend to like the same things, so I put it on once and watched about half-an-hour of one episode, but didn't like it, so I haven't watched it since.

Obviously, it has a big following and is very popular, but isn't for everyone.

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:41 - Sep 17 with 10864 viewsrdaleouis

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:36 - Sep 17 by dingdangblue

Why would your 1st ever post on this forum be "how long has Hilly got left"? - it's obviously a non Dale fan causing mischief.

I can assure you I'm a dale fan. My first game was against Aldershot when we won 3-1, I was at Wembley against Stockport and I was there the first we got back promoted against Northampton. I also was mascot for us when we played against Oldham 3/4 years ago. (I also have Will Buckley and Chris Dagnall's signatures haha)

I'm sorry if I've come across as a troll, I just wanted to open up a discussion..
How long has Hilly got left? on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 10853 viewsTVOS1907

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:36 - Sep 17 by rdaleouis

Thank you! I am 17 haha and just wanted to open out the discussion to see other people's viewpoints. Glad that not everybody thinks that I am a troll :) Sorry, the title was worded badly, if there is any way of changing it I will but I'm new to posting here

I think there is a way to do it, but I'm not sure how. Send a PM to ColDale - he's the main man round these parts.

Title Edit: Keith Hill on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 10828 viewsrdaleouis

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:42 - Sep 17 by TVOS1907

I think there is a way to do it, but I'm not sure how. Send a PM to ColDale - he's the main man round these parts.

Thank you, I think/hope I've figured it out now?
How long has Hilly got left? on 22:03 - Sep 17 with 10782 viewsToffeemanc

How long has Hilly got left? on 20:33 - Sep 17 by Shun

Strange that we've had a number of first-time posters subtlely (or not so) suggesting Hill's time is up.

And also in the run up to a meaningless game against Bury, coincidence?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

How long has Hilly got left? on 22:16 - Sep 17 with 10735 viewsD_Alien

How long has Hilly got left? on 21:25 - Sep 17 by fitzochris

I wouldn't say social media is exclusively the domain of under 25s, it's used widely by all ages and demographics.

I'm not having a go at rdaleouois, just pointing out that a lot of people using Twitter use it the same way people do a football forum. People calling for Hill's head via social media are not to be taken as any kind of yardstick.

As Roccy says, if the folk in the stands begin chanting 'Hill out' at games, that would be telling. It won't happen, though. Too many of us remember Graham Barrow.

"I wouldn't say social media is exclusively the domain of under 25s, it's used widely by all ages and demographics."

My post included: "Social media plays such a significant factor in the lives of the younger generation (and some older ones too, no doubt)"

For someone trained in journalism, that's poor fitz, very poor

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024