Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only One Paddy McCourt! 16:26 - Sep 18 with 2887 viewsmidlandsdale

Doing it again for Finn Harps on the BBC football website! Ah the memories
Only One Paddy McCourt! on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 2820 viewsjudd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41307312

Poll: What is it to be then?

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 2809 viewsdavidab2202

Seen it all before,with possibly a bit (or a lot) more dedication what a career he could have had.
Only One Paddy McCourt! on 18:06 - Sep 18 with 2716 viewsDaleaholic

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 17:09 - Sep 18 by davidab2202

Seen it all before,with possibly a bit (or a lot) more dedication what a career he could have had.

I'm fairly sure he'll be quite happy with his career. Playing for Celtic, the club he supported growing up... And representing his country.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 18:32 - Sep 18 with 2659 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 18:06 - Sep 18 by Daleaholic

I'm fairly sure he'll be quite happy with his career. Playing for Celtic, the club he supported growing up... And representing his country.

.........and playing at San Spotty!
Only One Paddy McCourt! on 19:37 - Sep 18 with 2571 views1mark1

Brilliant, typical Paddy goal.

Still in my opinion the most exciting player we have ever had.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 19:49 - Sep 18 with 2546 viewselectricblue

Proves once you have the talent it never goes away...
Im sure that his pro days where numbered because he could get fit enough......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:02 - Sep 18 with 2513 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/02/13/paddy-mccourt-the-derry-pele-who-couldv

This article sums Paddy up perfectly.

A great player, but one that didn't fulfil the raw potential yet still had an amazing career.

For me a lower division Gascoigne in so far as when Gascoigne reflects on what he could have achieved he must think "what if".

Paddy could have played in the Premier League but lacked the strategic discipline to do so and the heights of the Scottish league are nowhere compared to the elite levels of English football.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 2492 viewsnordenblue

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:02 - Sep 18 by RAFCBLUE

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/02/13/paddy-mccourt-the-derry-pele-who-couldv

This article sums Paddy up perfectly.

A great player, but one that didn't fulfil the raw potential yet still had an amazing career.

For me a lower division Gascoigne in so far as when Gascoigne reflects on what he could have achieved he must think "what if".

Paddy could have played in the Premier League but lacked the strategic discipline to do so and the heights of the Scottish league are nowhere compared to the elite levels of English football.

I think Gazza openly admits he actually did well to hit the heights he did considering his demons,rather than what ifs to his credit... if only her have signed for Fergie his career/life may have gone a totally different direction.
For me the most naturally talented player ever to play for England
Login to get fewer ads

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:29 - Sep 18 with 2463 viewsRAFCBLUE

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:14 - Sep 18 by nordenblue

I think Gazza openly admits he actually did well to hit the heights he did considering his demons,rather than what ifs to his credit... if only her have signed for Fergie his career/life may have gone a totally different direction.
For me the most naturally talented player ever to play for England

Amazing to think that Gazza only has 1 FA Cup medal; 2 Scottish League medals; 1 Scottish Cup medal and 1 Scottish League Cup medal to show for an eighteen year career.

Paddy on the other hand has 2 Scottish League medals; 2 Scottish Cup medals and 1 Scottish League Cup medal.

Paddy's career could have been massively different under a Keith Hill rather than a John Hollins or Steve Parkin; its such a crying shame to see all of that talent not fulfil its true potential.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:38 - Sep 18 with 2449 viewsnordenblue

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:29 - Sep 18 by RAFCBLUE

Amazing to think that Gazza only has 1 FA Cup medal; 2 Scottish League medals; 1 Scottish Cup medal and 1 Scottish League Cup medal to show for an eighteen year career.

Paddy on the other hand has 2 Scottish League medals; 2 Scottish Cup medals and 1 Scottish League Cup medal.

Paddy's career could have been massively different under a Keith Hill rather than a John Hollins or Steve Parkin; its such a crying shame to see all of that talent not fulfil its true potential.

Totally agree with you,but I'm guessing Paddy has done well with his career too, as he again seemed to have his off field "problems" from memory
Only One Paddy McCourt! on 20:39 - Sep 18 with 2447 viewsdavidab2202

Only One Paddy McCourt! on 18:06 - Sep 18 by Daleaholic

Not knocking what he has achieved in the game,but still stand by my original train of thought. Facts--- played less than 150 games in English fòotball,more than half of those for Dale were he finished playing at the age of 21 and 66 games in five seasons at Celtic.Awarded 18 international caps in an era were N Ireland were nothing like as good as they are at present. Can't accept that is a fair reflection of what he could and perhaps should have achieved.
Only One Paddy McCourt! on 21:25 - Sep 18 with 2370 views442Dale

Paddy, for all his faults, was the only time you'll ever see a genius at Spotland. His ability to beat men without even appearing to do very much is something on a par with Messi. He was/is that good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024