Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Main stand reserved seating 14:01 - Sep 19 with 6753 viewsdaleuxb

Are the club trying to drive paying fans away? I have sat in the same seats for nearly 20 years with my late dad at my side! In his memory I still sit there at all home games! I know everyone who sits around me and many are friends. The club is now saying I must buy a ticket and sit where they tell me. I have supported the Dale through thick and thin ,ups and downs, played for the youth and reserve teams and raised money for them. This to me personally is a kick in the teeth. Does anyone else feel this way,??
Main stand reserved seating on 14:30 - Sep 19 with 5205 viewspioneer

If that seat has not been bought as a season ticket can't you request that seat when you purchase a ticket, and if you purchase early enough for each game you would probably have a good chance of getting it.
Main stand reserved seating on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 4990 viewsblackdogblue

Find a under 11 family member or neighbour, get a season ticket for £10, seat will then be reserved. Doesn't matter what they give you then does it!!
Beat the system

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Main stand reserved seating on 20:03 - Sep 19 with 4932 views442Dale

In the absence of a clear explanation of this new process, I'll ensure it's raised via the Trust at their next meeting with the board - had previously asked if the clarification of the date of this be added to the agenda for the most recent Trust meeting.

It's pretty simple: are all ST holder seats stickered and if so could stewards be positioned at the bottom of each block to remind fans not to sit in those seats?

Even with tickets they'll still have more of a job directing fans to specific seats/sorting out fans who ignore it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Main stand reserved seating on 20:16 - Sep 19 with 4891 viewsnordenblue

Main stand reserved seating on 20:03 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

In the absence of a clear explanation of this new process, I'll ensure it's raised via the Trust at their next meeting with the board - had previously asked if the clarification of the date of this be added to the agenda for the most recent Trust meeting.

It's pretty simple: are all ST holder seats stickered and if so could stewards be positioned at the bottom of each block to remind fans not to sit in those seats?

Even with tickets they'll still have more of a job directing fans to specific seats/sorting out fans who ignore it.

As a side issue the players comp tickets currently say "unreserved" seating,im guessing will they also be required to be "allocated" in future,the same will apply for all comp tickets?
Main stand reserved seating on 20:28 - Sep 19 with 4837 views442Dale

Main stand reserved seating on 20:16 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

As a side issue the players comp tickets currently say "unreserved" seating,im guessing will they also be required to be "allocated" in future,the same will apply for all comp tickets?

Indeed, though you'd think the players comps should be for an allocated area so their family/friends are all together. And if they don't need tickets for anyone they know, the seats should be then available.

In fact, these are the only seats that SHOULD be reserved to monitor the take-up and ensure tickets don't go unused by those people who the player wants to bring to a game.

Main stand reserved seating on 20:30 - Sep 19 with 4827 viewsTipperaryDale

If you sit in the same seat at every home game, why haven't you bought a season ticket?
Main stand reserved seating on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 4807 viewsnordenblue

Main stand reserved seating on 20:28 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

Indeed, though you'd think the players comps should be for an allocated area so their family/friends are all together. And if they don't need tickets for anyone they know, the seats should be then available.

In fact, these are the only seats that SHOULD be reserved to monitor the take-up and ensure tickets don't go unused by those people who the player wants to bring to a game.

I'm fairly sure currently you can sit anywhere in the main stand,though the area as you come out of the bar area into the stand there's quite a few seats scattered around with "reserved" stickers on as it Is,so every chance with comp tickets you could well be split up
Main stand reserved seating on 20:33 - Sep 19 with 4793 views442Dale

Main stand reserved seating on 20:32 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

I'm fairly sure currently you can sit anywhere in the main stand,though the area as you come out of the bar area into the stand there's quite a few seats scattered around with "reserved" stickers on as it Is,so every chance with comp tickets you could well be split up

Easy enough to allocate a couple of rows, plus I can't believe every player needs tickets for every game.

Login to get fewer ads

Main stand reserved seating on 20:39 - Sep 19 with 4760 viewsnordenblue

Main stand reserved seating on 20:33 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

Easy enough to allocate a couple of rows, plus I can't believe every player needs tickets for every game.

I'm guessing not too,you'd probably need more than a couple of rows though I imagine
Main stand reserved seating on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 4310 views442Dale

Consternation at the turnstiles with fans being turned away with cash to go and get a ticket from the office where there was quite a few queues developing at 2.40pm.

Any feedback welcomed in this thread as I believe the Trust are indeed following it up with the club.

Main stand reserved seating on 14:58 - Sep 23 with 4278 viewsisitme

To be fair the club have advertised the fact the main stand would be all ticket from today's game for weeks.
Main stand reserved seating on 17:39 - Sep 23 with 4156 views442Dale

Main stand reserved seating on 14:58 - Sep 23 by isitme

To be fair the club have advertised the fact the main stand would be all ticket from today's game for weeks.

They have indeed. It's more a case of whether the new process is considered a success.

Strange how people were dotted about the stand as you'd think the tickets would be sold in rows rather than random seats (presuming they were sticking to the rule around sitting in allocated seats)

Main stand reserved seating on 18:28 - Sep 23 with 3988 viewsKenBoon

Main stand reserved seating on 14:46 - Sep 23 by 442Dale

Consternation at the turnstiles with fans being turned away with cash to go and get a ticket from the office where there was quite a few queues developing at 2.40pm.

Any feedback welcomed in this thread as I believe the Trust are indeed following it up with the club.

Our so-called "ticket office" (open windows with cars parked in front) is embarrassing.
Main stand reserved seating on 18:32 - Sep 23 with 3962 views442Dale

Main stand reserved seating on 18:28 - Sep 23 by KenBoon

Our so-called "ticket office" (open windows with cars parked in front) is embarrassing.

Is that something you could expand on? If there are issues with suggestions around possible solutions then it's something the club and supporters could benefit from.

Main stand reserved seating on 18:32 - Sep 23 with 3956 viewsJames1980

Would it be amiss of me to suggest someone takes a trip to a hardware store, for a tin of hammerite (other outdoor paints are available) and paints the letters on the rows for the main stand?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Main stand reserved seating on 18:34 - Sep 23 with 3946 viewsrochdaleriddler

Main stand reserved seating on 20:32 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

You can't , it needed doing as its busy , and people who visit infrequently would sit in your seat

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Main stand reserved seating on 18:35 - Sep 23 with 3939 viewsKenBoon

Main stand reserved seating on 18:32 - Sep 23 by 442Dale

Is that something you could expand on? If there are issues with suggestions around possible solutions then it's something the club and supporters could benefit from.

The staff are fine. It is the facility itself. Change it from open windows to actual ticket windows, add queue management and remove the parking spaces in front. Also, improve lighting.
Main stand reserved seating on 19:53 - Sep 23 with 3767 viewsNinco

As a season ticket holder in the main stand, I don't currently have a problem but am dreading a home tie in the cup unless the club have a facility for ST holders to buy their usual seats before anyone else does.

I do think it will reduce the number of casual fans though.

Surely it's easy to work out though. If there are 500 seats which are not reserved, just make one turnstile cash only, then when it reaches 500, close it. If those people then sit in reserved seats, make them move.
Main stand reserved seating on 12:05 - Sep 25 with 3371 viewsParkinsGimp

I think a lot of the problem was sandy laners sneaking in after a pint at half time and sitting where they want. Obviously that should be resolved with the tokens again.
Main stand reserved seating on 12:08 - Sep 25 with 3360 viewsrochdaleriddler

Main stand reserved seating on 12:05 - Sep 25 by ParkinsGimp

I think a lot of the problem was sandy laners sneaking in after a pint at half time and sitting where they want. Obviously that should be resolved with the tokens again.

Not so, it was people disregarding the reserved stickers and sitting where they liked. I used to do the opposite and go in the sandy second half

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Main stand reserved seating on 15:09 - Sep 25 with 3198 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Main stand reserved seating on 12:05 - Sep 25 by ParkinsGimp

Rubbish........by the time the 2nd half starts all seating problems would surely have been resolved......?

Sandy lot are loyal,we know our place! Leave it out.
Main stand reserved seating on 18:58 - Sep 25 with 3100 viewsjudd

Main stand reserved seating on 15:09 - Sep 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Rubbish........by the time the 2nd half starts all seating problems would surely have been resolved......?

There's a couple of groups of occasional supporters who turn up in the family stand and invariably sit in my reserved seat. It is particularly.galling in that there is usually an entire row behind us empty and without any reserved seats at all.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Main stand reserved seating on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 2894 viewsParkinsGimp

Main stand reserved seating on 15:09 - Sep 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Well how come my mates who had season tickets last season could never sit in their seats in second half cos someone took them? Unless they wandered down from Pearl st side?
Main stand reserved seating on 21:29 - Oct 1 with 2502 views442Dale

This was raised via the Trust who have included the following in their monthly newsletter today:

<<"Work with the club
We approached the club in the last few days following concerns by members about the changes made to the main stand on match days. The club have recently announced that there will be no cash turnstiles for home games for that stand. Having spoken to the club, they have said that the season ticket initiative over the Summer proved to be extremely popular with the main stand in particular. Making it entry by ticket only has led to the club being able to increase the capacity for the stand and thereby allowing more supporters to take advantage of it.">>

The actual decision can be debated, but communicating that explanation originally when the information was released to supporters would have helped everyone. Thanks to the Trust for representing the fans and to the club for responding.

Main stand reserved seating on 23:28 - Oct 1 with 2417 viewsBobbyjoe

Main stand reserved seating on 21:29 - Oct 1 by 442Dale

This was raised via the Trust who have included the following in their monthly newsletter today:

<<"Work with the club
We approached the club in the last few days following concerns by members about the changes made to the main stand on match days. The club have recently announced that there will be no cash turnstiles for home games for that stand. Having spoken to the club, they have said that the season ticket initiative over the Summer proved to be extremely popular with the main stand in particular. Making it entry by ticket only has led to the club being able to increase the capacity for the stand and thereby allowing more supporters to take advantage of it.">>

The actual decision can be debated, but communicating that explanation originally when the information was released to supporters would have helped everyone. Thanks to the Trust for representing the fans and to the club for responding.

A wonderfully Orwellian explanation! People can't get in because the capacity has been increased!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024