Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Draws are next to useless 17:27 - Sep 30 with 35383 viewsborntogo

Just to point out, to anyone going hoopla about all these 'battling', 'well-earned' nil-nil draws - they're as good as useless. Basically, if a team draws every game through a season, they will be relegated.

Sure, they're better than losing but a couple of slutchy 1-0 wins equates to six battling, well-earned bore-outs.

It's a concern that Hill is currently packing his subs' bench with our most attacking players (and arguably our best in Done, Davies, Slew, Andrew etc), as if he's actively seeking draws.

Rochdale, since time began, has always been a side that plays better off the front foot, going for it rather than consolidating etc. We'll probably revert to type eventually but will lose a lot of points in the meantime.
Draws are next to useless on 17:31 - Sep 30 with 17357 viewsDaley_Lama

We've won our last two home games. One of them slutchily.

Chin up

Poll: DF in or out

Draws are next to useless on 17:54 - Sep 30 with 17260 viewsD_Alien

Nowt wrong with hoopla, you should try it since you clearly know f*ck all about football

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Draws are next to useless on 18:00 - Sep 30 with 17230 viewsborntogo

Draws are next to useless on 17:54 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Nowt wrong with hoopla, you should try it since you clearly know f*ck all about football

Ive hoopla'd plenty of times, believe me. When it's justified.

I don't do unnecessary and pathetic abuse, though, to anyone expressing a contrary opinion to my own.
Draws are next to useless on 18:05 - Sep 30 with 17202 viewsD_Alien

Draws are next to useless on 18:00 - Sep 30 by borntogo

I don't do unnecessary and pathetic abuse, though, to anyone expressing a contrary opinion to my own.

I'll go along with your train of thought for a moment then, just to amuse you...

Do you seriously think the best manager we've ever had would be playing to draw, when he always regards every game as an opportunity for 3 points?

That's why I reached the conclusion you know f*ck all about football. If you feel abused, tough

Draws are next to useless on 18:13 - Sep 30 with 17150 viewsdingdangblue

We lost at Shrewsbury and MK Dons 'going for it'. Scoring 2 and conceding 3. By my reckoning 3 away draws at Southend, Blackpool and Wimbledon got us 3 more points than those 2 games.
Your theory doesn't add up.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:17]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Draws are next to useless (n/t) on 18:41 - Sep 30 with 17034 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Draws are next to useless on 19:06 - Sep 30 with 16949 viewschalkyncfc

Win your home games and draw your away games and you are in with a chance of promotion, didn't Rochdale get off to a slow start last season and that didn't finish to bad did it?
Draws are next to useless on 19:12 - Sep 30 with 16923 viewsTVOS1907

But when I put a very reasoned response onto a similar post from you a few weeks ago, you couldn't even summon up a counter-argument.

Where were your criticisms after the recent Doncaster, bury and Gillingham games?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Draws are next to useless on 19:27 - Sep 30 with 16865 viewsD_Alien

Draws are next to useless on 19:12 - Sep 30 by TVOS1907

But when I put a very reasoned response onto a similar post from you a few weeks ago, you couldn't even summon up a counter-argument.

Where were your criticisms after the recent Doncaster, bury and Gillingham games?

And just to add, my response to him in this thread was based on such previous bias against the positive results we've achieved, not just his OP

Draws are next to useless on 21:06 - Sep 30 with 16647 viewsRAFCBLUE

Funny how some people see draws.

Points lost, points gained - home vs away there is always a different perspective.

What you have to admit and therefore give credit to the fact that Hill has got this team now focussed on defence despite the fact we have conceeded 13 league goals in 11 games

Three games in the league (Shrewsbury, Blackburn and Milton Keynes) account for 9 of them. The other 4 goals across 7 games is a defence as good as any in the league.

Last season we conceded 1.35 goals per game and were all in agreement that the defence needed tightening. Right now we are conceding 1.18 goals per game which would put us on track to concede 54 goals.

54 goals would have been the joint 9th best defence last year so there is some way to go if we want a top 6 return.

But a great week - a home win and two away draws. No goals conceded in and unbeaten in 4 games and I'll take that every week between now and the end of May.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Draws are next to useless on 21:21 - Sep 30 with 16605 viewsjudd

Draws are next to useless on 21:06 - Sep 30 by RAFCBLUE

Funny how some people see draws.

Points lost, points gained - home vs away there is always a different perspective.

What you have to admit and therefore give credit to the fact that Hill has got this team now focussed on defence despite the fact we have conceeded 13 league goals in 11 games

Three games in the league (Shrewsbury, Blackburn and Milton Keynes) account for 9 of them. The other 4 goals across 7 games is a defence as good as any in the league.

Last season we conceded 1.35 goals per game and were all in agreement that the defence needed tightening. Right now we are conceding 1.18 goals per game which would put us on track to concede 54 goals.

54 goals would have been the joint 9th best defence last year so there is some way to go if we want a top 6 return.

But a great week - a home win and two away draws. No goals conceded in and unbeaten in 4 games and I'll take that every week between now and the end of May.

That makes you seem like you know fook all about football.

Great post btw

Poll: What is it to be then?

Draws are next to useless on 21:25 - Sep 30 with 16592 viewsDaleiLama

Seem to remember last season we had to consolidate defensively and regroup before we kicked on and that didn't turn out so bad. Frustrating we can't come out of the traps a tad quicker, but if our next to useless draws are the foundation from which we improve, then perhaps the panic button can be put away for a few weeks more?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Draws are next to useless on 21:31 - Sep 30 with 16570 viewskiwidale

Stick to your guns lad your opinion is as good as mine or anybody's just don't expect everybody to agree. I admit I was disappointed with the draw but I don't accept an away draw is useless it was a point and a few more of them i.e. draws last season would have seen us in the playoffs.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:38]

This is not the time for bickering.

Draws are next to useless on 22:26 - Sep 30 with 16435 viewsrochdaleriddler

Draws are next to useless on 18:05 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

I'll go along with your train of thought for a moment then, just to amuse you...

Do you seriously think the best manager we've ever had would be playing to draw, when he always regards every game as an opportunity for 3 points?

That's why I reached the conclusion you know f*ck all about football. If you feel abused, tough

We played to draw at Blackpool, I wasn't there today, sounds like the same lack of ambition . Why you feel the need to abuse people is a mystery, what football qualifications do you have you knob?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 22:27]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Draws are next to useless on 22:28 - Sep 30 with 16417 viewsrochdaleriddler

Draws are next to useless on 18:13 - Sep 30 by dingdangblue

We lost at Shrewsbury and MK Dons 'going for it'. Scoring 2 and conceding 3. By my reckoning 3 away draws at Southend, Blackpool and Wimbledon got us 3 more points than those 2 games.
Your theory doesn't add up.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:17]

We weren't going for it, we just played shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Draws are next to useless on 22:52 - Sep 30 with 16375 viewsD_Alien

Draws are next to useless on 22:26 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

We played to draw at Blackpool, I wasn't there today, sounds like the same lack of ambition . Why you feel the need to abuse people is a mystery, what football qualifications do you have you knob?

Against Blackpool, of the 6 outfield players on the bench, we had 4 forwards and 2 defenders

Between the 58th and 83rd minutes, all three subs came from the 4 forwards, hardly consolidating for a draw

You know JACK SHIT about football, and your posts on t' other thread (pissed again, eh?) show you're just as fluent with abuse as anyone

In other words, as well as being clueless about football you're a f*cking hypocrite too. I know i'm a tw@t, so why don't you just admit you're one too, and we'll have done with it

Next...

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 22:54]

Draws are next to useless on 22:57 - Sep 30 with 16354 viewsrochdaleriddler

Draws are next to useless on 22:52 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Against Blackpool, of the 6 outfield players on the bench, we had 4 forwards and 2 defenders

Between the 58th and 83rd minutes, all three subs came from the 4 forwards, hardly consolidating for a draw

You know JACK SHIT about football, and your posts on t' other thread (pissed again, eh?) show you're just as fluent with abuse as anyone

In other words, as well as being clueless about football you're a f*cking hypocrite too. I know i'm a tw@t, so why don't you just admit you're one too, and we'll have done with it

Next...

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 22:54]

We played to draw, we drew. Sounds like we did it again. You are a pillock

Draws are next to useless on 23:08 - Sep 30 with 16327 viewsnordenblue

Draws are next to useless on 22:26 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

Ironic... another classy post. I'd knock the drink on the head too
Draws are next to useless on 00:09 - Oct 1 with 16219 viewsJames1980

A clean sheet is nothing to be sniffed at, I for one am happy that the defence has been solid.
Definitely we need to build on the attacking prowess and creating and finishing chances. I am confident it will click very soon

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Draws are next to useless on 00:24 - Oct 1 with 16202 viewsDaley_Lama

Draws are next to useless on 00:09 - Oct 1 by James1980

A clean sheet is nothing to be sniffed at, I for one am happy that the defence has been solid.
Definitely we need to build on the attacking prowess and creating and finishing chances. I am confident it will click very soon

There's a lot of **** but then you get the occasional bright light.

Shine on you crazy Daleion.

Poll: DF in or out

Draws are next to useless on 00:25 - Oct 1 with 16196 viewskiwidale

for the last 2 seasons we have been among the high scorers of the division often scoring 3 goals or more but our goals conceded was our downfall. you don't have to score 3 goals a game to win 1 is enough if your defense keeps a clean sheet. maybe this year Hill has realised that defence is key and will play it tighter.

This is not the time for bickering.

Draws are next to useless on 06:51 - Oct 1 with 16077 viewsD_Alien

I'm still chuckling at your reflection that "a clean sheet is nothing to be sniffed at"

How true!

Draws are next to useless on 10:15 - Oct 1 with 15835 viewsAtThePeake

borntogo is one of the few forum posters I don't pay any attention to anymore. Only posts when he has something negative to say and thus, his arguments and posts are rarely balanced or well-thought out.

Tangled up in blue.

Draws are next to useless on 11:02 - Oct 1 with 15748 views1mark1

I think away draws are very useful, so long as the majority of home games are won. That kind of form leads to promotion. I would think that promotion/ top six chasing teams would attack at home, thus entertaining the majority of their fans and potentially getting more through the gates, and securing three points, the majority of time, and be more solid away from home securing plenty of draws and the odd win . In these scenarios goalless draws away from home are ok, so long as at home we win the majority of times. Time will tell.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Draws are next to useless on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 15747 viewsfirgrovedale51

Draws are next to useless on 22:57 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

We played to draw, we drew. Sounds like we did it again. You are a pillock

I dont think we played to draw we took the the game to Blackpool on their own patch where no team had got a point up to Tuesday, it was a good point could have been more .
I think you have to look at individual games to say it was a point won or to say it was 2 points lost
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024