Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? 16:14 - Oct 13 with 3008 viewsQuigley_dale

Strange format for the Euro 2020 qualifying. Also the introduction of the 'European nations league set to replace friendlies. First I've heard of these changes. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2502936.html
Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 16:54 - Oct 13 with 2970 views1949er

I see the draw is on the second of December,one day after the World Cup Draw. Should lead to an interesting weekend

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 18:35 - Oct 13 with 2900 views1mark1

Looks good to me, especially getting rid of meaningless freindlies, and having a potentially exciting /interesting leagues. I agree regarding having a multi country hosting , great that semis and final will be at Wembley, just hope we can get there! Right that hosts don’t automatically qualifiy.
Glad that they are at least trying something different.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:36]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 21:14 - Oct 13 with 2824 viewsQuigley_dale

Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 18:35 - Oct 13 by 1mark1

Looks good to me, especially getting rid of meaningless freindlies, and having a potentially exciting /interesting leagues. I agree regarding having a multi country hosting , great that semis and final will be at Wembley, just hope we can get there! Right that hosts don’t automatically qualifiy.
Glad that they are at least trying something different.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:36]

After seeing this, I dug a little deeper; and there's speculation that the format could be open to dishonestly. For example, the league's are are formed on ranking points, so teams could try to reduce their ranking in order to qualify for a lower 'division' in the Euro league. Thus gaining a better opportunity to gain an automatic playoff place. Regarding manipulation of the for a rankings; Wales avoided playing any friendlies for 17 months in 2014/15...which coincided with them reaching a top 10 ranking.
Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 21:28 - Oct 13 with 2810 views1mark1

Euro 2020 Qualifying...European nations league!? on 21:14 - Oct 13 by Quigley_dale

After seeing this, I dug a little deeper; and there's speculation that the format could be open to dishonestly. For example, the league's are are formed on ranking points, so teams could try to reduce their ranking in order to qualify for a lower 'division' in the Euro league. Thus gaining a better opportunity to gain an automatic playoff place. Regarding manipulation of the for a rankings; Wales avoided playing any friendlies for 17 months in 2014/15...which coincided with them reaching a top 10 ranking.

Crikey, never thought about that.😲

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024