Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 3 games 17:12 - Oct 14 with 1759 viewsNigeriamark

We play the bottom 2 clubs & Bristol at home who are no great shakes. Better second half today. Need to start with the same back 4 that started the second half and get 7 points from these 3 games
Next 3 games on 17:34 - Oct 14 with 1707 viewsD_Alien

I'd be delighted with 7 points, tbh

Going off what i've seen so far, we're no great shakes either

Oldham and Bury both had very good wins against teams at the top end of the table and have leapfrogged us. We need to lose the mentality that somehow we should be at the other end of the table, and keep battling because every other sod will be

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next 3 games on 17:36 - Oct 14 with 1686 viewsMoonyDale

Next 3 games on 17:34 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

I'd be delighted with 7 points, tbh

Going off what i've seen so far, we're no great shakes either

Oldham and Bury both had very good wins against teams at the top end of the table and have leapfrogged us. We need to lose the mentality that somehow we should be at the other end of the table, and keep battling because every other sod will be

I'll go for 2 points from the next 3 games....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Next 3 games on 19:34 - Oct 14 with 1505 viewsNinco

How often have we gone in to games against clubs at the bottom of the league thinking it will be an easy win and we've come away with nothing? It's what we do.
Next 3 games on 20:57 - Oct 14 with 1422 views49thseason

Next 3 games on 19:34 - Oct 14 by Ninco

How often have we gone in to games against clubs at the bottom of the league thinking it will be an easy win and we've come away with nothing? It's what we do.

Last season we played the bottom 8 clubs and took 35 points W11, D2, L5. We took 17 points from clubs in 7th-15th W4, D5, L7 and 17 points from the top 6 teams W4, D5, L3
If anything, historically, we do OK against the lower teams and OK against top teams we struggle with mid-table teams. We are currently unbeaten by teams placed 24 - 15th. Outside the top 8 we have played 10, W2, D6, L2 we are not exactly getting battered!
Next 3 games on 21:06 - Oct 14 with 1402 viewsTVOS1907

Next 3 games on 19:34 - Oct 14 by Ninco

Not really.

In our 2013/14 promotion season, we took nine points out of 12 against the two relegated teams (Bristol Rovers & Torquay).

In 2014/15, in League One, we took 22 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Notts Co, Crawley, Leyton Orient & Yeovil).

In 2015/16, we took 17 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Doncaster, Blackpool, Colchester & Crewe).

Last season, we took 15 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Port Vale, Swindon, Coventry & Chesterfield).

So, in the last four seasons, we have picked-up 53 points out of a possible 84 against relegated clubs. That's 63% of the available points, which I'd wager is one of the better rates.

I know you're meaning as the season progresses rather than at the end, but it's likely the majority of those clubs would have been near to the bottom when we played them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:08]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next 3 games on 10:25 - Oct 15 with 1216 viewsscarrow

Northampton you'd have to hope will be a victory

Bristol r are this season's Peterborough, erratic results

Plymouth- overnight stays seem to be a problem

Poll: Final position

Next 3 games on 13:12 - Oct 15 with 1125 viewsDaleiLama

Next 3 games on 21:06 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

Not really.

In our 2013/14 promotion season, we took nine points out of 12 against the two relegated teams (Bristol Rovers & Torquay).

In 2014/15, in League One, we took 22 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Notts Co, Crawley, Leyton Orient & Yeovil).

In 2015/16, we took 17 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Doncaster, Blackpool, Colchester & Crewe).

Last season, we took 15 points out of 24 against the four relegated teams (Port Vale, Swindon, Coventry & Chesterfield).

So, in the last four seasons, we have picked-up 53 points out of a possible 84 against relegated clubs. That's 63% of the available points, which I'd wager is one of the better rates.

I know you're meaning as the season progresses rather than at the end, but it's likely the majority of those clubs would have been near to the bottom when we played them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:08]

Look at us last season. Would you want to have played us when we were lost in the sediment at the bottom of the division? Probably.
Would you have wanted to play us during our hot unbeaten streak? Certainly not.
Leave counting chickens to chicken farmers I say.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024