Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v northampton 10:48 - Oct 15 with 2769 viewsmacro

Last 5 home matches
02/01/06 Rochdale 1 (OG) Northampton 1
17/04/10 Rochdale 1 (O’Grady) Northampton 0
18/08/12 Rochdale 0 Northampton 0
22/10/13 Rochdale 3 (Henderson, Rose, Donnelly) Northampton 2
01/04/17 Rochdale 1 (Mendez-Laing) Northampton 1

Last 5 Homes
26/08/17 Rochdale 0 Bury 0
09/09/17 Rochdale 0 Blackburn 3
12/09/17 Rochdale 2 (Kitching, Davies)
23/09/17 Rochdale 3 (Rafferty, Henderson, Done) Gillingham 0
07/10/17 Rochdale 0 Rotherham 1

Last 5 Northampton Away - present away run 12 matches in all competitions without a win
19/08/17 Charlton 4 Northampton 1 (Richards)
16/09/17 Southend 2 Northampton 2 (Barnett,Crooks)
19/09/17 Wigan 1 Northampton 0
26/09/17 MK Dons 0 Northampton 0
30/10/17 Rotherham 1 Northampton 0
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 12:34]
Rochdale v northampton on 12:38 - Oct 15 with 2722 viewsShun

The home match in April where they undeservedly equalised with literally the last kick of the game was one of the more devastating of our late disasters last season. Vengeance on Tuesday, please.
Rochdale v northampton on 19:36 - Oct 15 with 2623 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v northampton on 12:38 - Oct 15 by Shun

The home match in April where they undeservedly equalised with literally the last kick of the game was one of the more devastating of our late disasters last season. Vengeance on Tuesday, please.

On the other hand, we beat them with injury time goals in their two previous visits - Olly Lancashire in the FA Cup (November 2014) and George Donnelly in the league (October 2013).

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Rochdale v northampton on 00:36 - Oct 16 with 2523 viewsShun

Rochdale v northampton on 19:36 - Oct 15 by TVOS1907

On the other hand, we beat them with injury time goals in their two previous visits - Olly Lancashire in the FA Cup (November 2014) and George Donnelly in the league (October 2013).

True, forgot about those!
Rochdale v northampton on 11:03 - Oct 16 with 2448 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's an early "six pointer"...........let's get at them.
Rochdale v northampton on 08:51 - Oct 17 with 2254 viewsShun

We've had some memorable matches against Northampton in the past few years or so. Three last minute winners (2 in our favour), a Lund hat-trick, and a promotion.
Rochdale v northampton on 10:15 - Oct 17 with 2201 viewssandy_dale

Hoping that the feeling that tonight is going to be frustrating and poor is wrong. And that our BEST team is selected.
Rochdale v northampton on 12:09 - Oct 17 with 2148 viewscadmonkey

Rochdale v northampton on 10:15 - Oct 17 by sandy_dale

Hoping that the feeling that tonight is going to be frustrating and poor is wrong. And that our BEST team is selected.

Absolutely, Raff has to start instead of Daniels surely?
Rochdale v northampton on 15:05 - Oct 17 with 2053 viewsD_Alien

Should be a perfect autumn evening for football, with the wind dropping before kick off and a dry, mildish forecast

I'm not counting any chickens whatsoever, but we won't get a better chance to build some confidence ahead of the long slog through winter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v northampton on 15:39 - Oct 17 with 2014 viewsFrog

"Last 5 Northampton Away - present away run 12 matches in all competitions without a win"

Oh, how I wish you hadn't pointed that out, got 0-2 written all over it now.
Rochdale v northampton on 15:58 - Oct 17 with 1994 viewssandy_dale

Rochdale v northampton on 12:09 - Oct 17 by cadmonkey

Well Hill is forever banging on about keeping players fresh and resting them midweek so you’d like to think raff would start
Rochdale v northampton on 16:13 - Oct 17 with 1981 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v northampton on 15:39 - Oct 17 by Frog

"Last 5 Northampton Away - present away run 12 matches in all competitions without a win"

Oh, how I wish you hadn't pointed that out, got 0-2 written all over it now.

Here's another one 'not to point out'.........

Northampton haven't scored a goal for 6 league games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v northampton on 16:25 - Oct 17 with 1962 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale v northampton on 12:09 - Oct 17 by cadmonkey

Going by the cheer for Raff coming on when the substitution was announced at Fleetwood, probably not in the perverse world of our club!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale v northampton on 18:57 - Oct 17 with 1871 viewssandy_dale

Rafferty In. Happy days.
Rochdale v northampton on 22:45 - Oct 17 with 1780 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v northampton on 18:57 - Oct 17 by sandy_dale

Rafferty In. Happy days.

Raff had a decent enough game, but tonight showed that our problems have little to do with who's selected at right-back

Bunney's crossing has totally gone off, something that was his strength last season

The lack of confidence in the side - stemming from being out-thought by opposition managers - is now transmitting itself to some of our best players. McGahey had a nightmare, Andrew was isolated and ineffective, Davies anonymous when he came on, Camps (his long ball to Hendo apart) unable to exert any influence, Done a shadow, Williams looking ponderous, Hendo fitful and not able to exert leadership when we so desperately need it

Thank goodness for Lillis and McNulty tonight

Rochdale v northampton on 22:51 - Oct 17 with 1747 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale v northampton on 22:45 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

Raff had a decent enough game, but tonight showed that our problems have little to do with who's selected at right-back

Bunney's crossing has totally gone off, something that was his strength last season

The lack of confidence in the side - stemming from being out-thought by opposition managers - is now transmitting itself to some of our best players. McGahey had a nightmare, Andrew was isolated and ineffective, Davies anonymous when he came on, Camps (his long ball to Hendo apart) unable to exert any influence, Done a shadow, Williams looking ponderous, Hendo fitful and not able to exert leadership when we so desperately need it

Bunney played one sweet ball in to Done. He also played one onto Sandy Lane. I suspect he and Camps aren't back to full fitness. Your lack of confidence comment is spot on!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale v northampton on 22:57 - Oct 17 with 1724 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v northampton on 22:45 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

'Williams looking ponderous'

For all his admirers and plaudits since he's been here I've had this impression since I've seen him. Certainly tonight where he was more advanced than Camps it even more apparent. He wants too much time and goes backwards and sideways too much. Rathbone should have come on when we were just getting overrun in the last 20 mins - we needed his energy tonight when it started to go wrong.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v northampton on 23:09 - Oct 17 with 1689 viewsrochdaleriddler

Rochdale v northampton on 22:57 - Oct 17 by dingdangblue

'Williams looking ponderous'

For all his admirers and plaudits since he's been here I've had this impression since I've seen him. Certainly tonight where he was more advanced than Camps it even more apparent. He wants too much time and goes backwards and sideways too much. Rathbone should have come on when we were just getting overrun in the last 20 mins - we needed his energy tonight when it started to go wrong.

Hills tactics were baffling

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Rochdale v northampton on 23:17 - Oct 17 with 1653 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale v northampton on 22:51 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

Bunney played one sweet ball in to Done. He also played one onto Sandy Lane. I suspect he and Camps aren't back to full fitness. Your lack of confidence comment is spot on!

Talking of "spot-on"....Borntogo's comments about crappy draws, well derided some weeks ago,are spot on.......we can't get away from the bottom on this shite form.
Rochdale v northampton on 23:25 - Oct 17 with 1607 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v northampton on 23:17 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of "spot-on"....Borntogo's comments about crappy draws, well derided some weeks ago,are spot on.......we can't get away from the bottom on this shite form.

Well, without getting into that whole debate again (and i really mean that), his comments were more to the effect that we were playing for draws, which is very different from almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, which is what happened tonight

[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 23:26]

Rochdale v northampton on 06:18 - Oct 18 with 1479 viewspioneer

Rochdale v northampton on 23:25 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

Well, without getting into that whole debate again (and i really mean that), his comments were more to the effect that we were playing for draws, which is very different from almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, which is what happened tonight

[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 23:26]

whether we are playing for them or not, they wont keep us up.
Rochdale v northampton on 07:56 - Oct 18 with 1396 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v northampton on 06:18 - Oct 18 by pioneer

whether we are playing for them or not, they wont keep us up.

Please, can people stop posting the bleeding obvious?

In other news, rain forecast for the weekend. Anyone outdoors is likely to get wet

Rochdale v northampton on 08:21 - Oct 18 with 1359 viewsdalenumber2

I don't think our woes can be blamed on the loss of Lund, Allen and NML. We went for spells when they were injured last season and did ok. It seems to be a different mindset, different tactics and different fitness levels this season.
Rochdale v northampton on 08:27 - Oct 18 with 1347 viewsscarrow

Fitness seems a concern which his unusual for a hill team. Looked shot with 15 to go.

Poll: Final position

Rochdale v northampton on 09:40 - Oct 18 with 1294 viewsdawlishdale

Rochdale v northampton on 08:21 - Oct 18 by dalenumber2

I don't think our woes can be blamed on the loss of Lund, Allen and NML. We went for spells when they were injured last season and did ok. It seems to be a different mindset, different tactics and different fitness levels this season.

I strongly disagree with you on this.

I'm afraid that most of our attacking threat came from NML's pace.

Our midfield is nowhere near as effective without Lund's box to box play.

Allen's calm passing and ball retention is also being missed, especially on top of the other two's contributions.

It was the Boards (and Hillys) decision to sell Allen. He was contracted until the end of this season. We had no pressing need to sell, and now we are missing him .

Williams (L'pool) started his loan spell very well, but looked to be playing in lead boots last night, as did Camps, apart from his superb pass to Hendo for the first goal.

Inman looks to have some good pace about him, but his decision making/final ball is poor.
Rochdale v northampton on 10:02 - Oct 18 with 1255 viewsdalenumber2

Rochdale v northampton on 09:40 - Oct 18 by dawlishdale

I strongly disagree with you on this.

I'm afraid that most of our attacking threat came from NML's pace.

Our midfield is nowhere near as effective without Lund's box to box play.

Allen's calm passing and ball retention is also being missed, especially on top of the other two's contributions.

It was the Boards (and Hillys) decision to sell Allen. He was contracted until the end of this season. We had no pressing need to sell, and now we are missing him .

Williams (L'pool) started his loan spell very well, but looked to be playing in lead boots last night, as did Camps, apart from his superb pass to Hendo for the first goal.

Inman looks to have some good pace about him, but his decision making/final ball is poor.

I don't deny that they are a loss to us (particularly NML) but Allen and Lund missed a fair few games last season and I seem to remember we did ok without them . I think the problems this season are much deeper rooted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024