Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. 18:59 - Oct 17 with 15512 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:39 - Oct 17 with 2990 viewsFrog

What a dreadful draw, this is going to be a long, long season.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:39 - Oct 17 with 2975 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:38 - Oct 17 by DaleFan7

2-0 up to lucky to get a point.

At home against a team struggling,alarm bells....
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:45 - Oct 17 with 2870 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:39 - Oct 17 by nordenblue

At home against a team struggling,alarm bells....

People been saying it all season long hard relegation ahead.

Hills let sit back on our lead tactic cost us again.

HILL OUT FOR ME

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:50 - Oct 17 with 2774 views442Dale

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:45 - Oct 17 by Dale23years

HILL OUT FOR ME

Hill made plenty of mistakes tonight but like Saturday, which he correctly identified, the players went from front foot to back foot for no reason.

We are in a position we should expect to be in and making knee jerk reactions won't solve anything. Hill knows the issue.

The main thing tonight that he could have affects was the lack of subs at the right time. At 2-0 we needed fresh legs to push on, but reacted after they got a foothold in the game. Same as Saturday - no reason whatsoever to not use 3 subs. It's going to be a tough campaign, we need to deal with it better. On and off the pitch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:53 - Oct 17 with 2732 views1mark1

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:39 - Oct 17 by Frog

What a dreadful draw, this is going to be a long, long season.

I agree. Shit result. At least our relegation rivals bury lost and Oldham only drew.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:54 - Oct 17 with 2714 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:50 - Oct 17 by 442Dale

Hill made plenty of mistakes tonight but like Saturday, which he correctly identified, the players went from front foot to back foot for no reason.

We are in a position we should expect to be in and making knee jerk reactions won't solve anything. Hill knows the issue.

The main thing tonight that he could have affects was the lack of subs at the right time. At 2-0 we needed fresh legs to push on, but reacted after they got a foothold in the game. Same as Saturday - no reason whatsoever to not use 3 subs. It's going to be a tough campaign, we need to deal with it better. On and off the pitch.

Do you think the manger tell the players to sit back and defend a 2.0 lead, or the players do it without the manger telling them to (if that's makes sense) am totally fed up atm with Rochdale and Hill

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:57 - Oct 17 with 2658 viewsShun

That is a genuinely terrible result. To not be able to hold on when 2-1 up against 10 men in the last ten minutes is bad enough, but then for a few days later to be 2-0 up against a side who haven't scored in 6 games, and be left still feeling grateful for the point, is absolutely diabolical.

7 points would have been an acceptable return from these games against Northampton, Brovers, and Plymouth. There's no excuses now for the next two games.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 2595 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:53 - Oct 17 by 1mark1

I agree. Shit result. At least our relegation rivals bury lost and Oldham only drew.

There are other 'relegation' rivals other than these two. Most of whom picked up decent points tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:07 - Oct 17 with 2520 views1mark1

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:01 - Oct 17 by richfoad32

There are other 'relegation' rivals other than these two. Most of whom picked up decent points tonight.

Ok, at least two of our current bottom of the table rivals, bury and Oldham , didn’t win. Shame others did.

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:08 - Oct 17 with 2505 views1907

That performance from going 2-0 was absolutely embarrassing. There is something drastically wrong with this team!

Why does Hill NEVER make substitutions whe he should?

Never come away from a game more at a loss than I have tonight. I genuinely hate to say this but Hill has lost the plot. Stubborn, antiquated tactics. We give every single team we play far too much respect and concede goals in the exact same manner week in, week out.

Josh saving that penalty papers over deep, deep cracks.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:10 - Oct 17 with 2472 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:07 - Oct 17 by 1mark1

Ok, at least two of our current bottom of the table rivals, bury and Oldham , didn’t win. Shame others did.

This early in the season and we are already looking at "bottom of the table rivals" to do US a favour........what's it come too?
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:10 - Oct 17 with 2457 viewsKenBoon

What annoys me most about this is, the defensive problems were there last season. They cost us at least a play-off place. Nothing was done to fix them and somehow we've gotten worse. The go-to solution is to play negative, which slows the flow of stupid mistakes but makes us toothless. Like a bucket with a hole in it, as soon as we play positive the mistakes flow.

This isn't a slow start - even our slow start last season included some unlucky results - we're genuine relegation fodder. Other than the Gillingham match, we could easily have lost every single game. Many of our draws were fortunate. It's not just bad form or a mental thing. There's a lack of talent in this squad.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:15 - Oct 17 with 2376 viewsKnowlesy

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:08 - Oct 17 by 1907

That performance from going 2-0 was absolutely embarrassing. There is something drastically wrong with this team!

Why does Hill NEVER make substitutions whe he should?

Never come away from a game more at a loss than I have tonight. I genuinely hate to say this but Hill has lost the plot. Stubborn, antiquated tactics. We give every single team we play far too much respect and concede goals in the exact same manner week in, week out.

Josh saving that penalty papers over deep, deep cracks.

Agree with all of this. I love keith hill and what he's done for this club but his tactics and the way he has approached games this season has been awful. Gone are the days of no fear, playing our style and letting the opposition deal with us. Now we seem to spend all our time on a game plan for each opposition side that goes out of the window at the first sign of trouble.

When we started slowly in the 2nd half and dropped deeper I knew they'd score. When they scored, I knew we'd drop even deeper and concede again. When we conceded again, I actually said that I could see us conceding a penalty because the players heads had gone and there was absolutely no composure in the team. The only thing I didn't predict was that Josh would save the penalty.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:15 - Oct 17 with 2370 views1mark1

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:10 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

This early in the season and we are already looking at "bottom of the table rivals" to do US a favour........what's it come too?

It seems different than this time last season. When early results were poor, most in the main said we were playing well, and being unlucky , but now in the main the performances haven’t been good according to the majority. Therefore yes, we might have to hope that 4 other teams have worse results than us, and I for one want Oldham and Bury to be amongst them.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 22:19]

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:16 - Oct 17 with 2358 viewsShun

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:10 - Oct 17 by KenBoon

What annoys me most about this is, the defensive problems were there last season. They cost us at least a play-off place. Nothing was done to fix them and somehow we've gotten worse. The go-to solution is to play negative, which slows the flow of stupid mistakes but makes us toothless. Like a bucket with a hole in it, as soon as we play positive the mistakes flow.

This isn't a slow start - even our slow start last season included some unlucky results - we're genuine relegation fodder. Other than the Gillingham match, we could easily have lost every single game. Many of our draws were fortunate. It's not just bad form or a mental thing. There's a lack of talent in this squad.

I agree with most of that and I think you've summed it up perfectly. We seem to only have two options right now, play the Rochdale way and score goals yet have the same old defensive frailties, or plug that gigantic hole by playing boring 0-0 football and losing any attacking flair.

I said I agree with most of what you said because I disagree with the last line. I think this squad does have talent in it, a lot of it. Looking at the talent in this squad, we should be doing much, much better.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:18 - Oct 17 with 2313 viewsDaleFan7

We looked knackered again after 65 minutes and they ran rings around us.

Less than 2000 home fans tonight despite the ST sales and it's not even winter yet!

But it doesn't matter, we're punching above our weight and should be grateful we're in League One... for now.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:22 - Oct 17 with 2251 viewsD_Alien

I'm with borntogo and rochdaleriddler - the sooner we stop playing for useless draws, the better!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 2102 viewsNogintheNog

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:15 - Oct 17 by Knowlesy

Agree with all of this. I love keith hill and what he's done for this club but his tactics and the way he has approached games this season has been awful. Gone are the days of no fear, playing our style and letting the opposition deal with us. Now we seem to spend all our time on a game plan for each opposition side that goes out of the window at the first sign of trouble.

When we started slowly in the 2nd half and dropped deeper I knew they'd score. When they scored, I knew we'd drop even deeper and concede again. When we conceded again, I actually said that I could see us conceding a penalty because the players heads had gone and there was absolutely no composure in the team. The only thing I didn't predict was that Josh would save the penalty.

Got to agree with all the negative comments from all of us that suffered that dross tonight, when did we become a side that hoofs the ball upfield in the forlorn hope that Andrews/Davis gets on the end of it. After both our goals we had 10 min periods where we played like we used to, knocking the ball around and looking for defence splitting passes. Then we go back to negative, aimless, mindless boring playing around at the back with the inevitable outcome. They score ,we look like rabbits caught in the headlights, they score again and we get a draw against a awful team (thanks to Lillis)
Since Keith got his 5 year contract it seems complacency has set in throughout the club.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:34 - Oct 17 with 2087 views49thseason

Couldn't go tonight but it's clear that there is a problem somewhere in that from what I have seen so far, there is talent not showing itself and a lack of the pace and aggression we normally associate with a Hill team. In pre-season , Hill was all about how quickly we move the ball from back to front, the truth seems to be that if there is any chance of moving it slowly, this team takes it, lots of sideways shuffles and then a big boot forwards but only when everyone up front has their back to goal and is being marked by a giant defender and his mates.
Done is a shadow of the player we sold to Sheffield and Hendo has lost a yard of pace and a touch of the aggression that makes him play. The midfield is being bullied physically and the defence is as bad if not worse than last season, certainly when it comes to defending crosses.
Not looking great, in fact, it looks like KH needs a complete rethink before we get into the Christmas / January scramble of games, points, transfers etc.
Not losing is not a plan for success
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:34 - Oct 17 with 2072 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:33 - Oct 17 by NogintheNog

Got to agree with all the negative comments from all of us that suffered that dross tonight, when did we become a side that hoofs the ball upfield in the forlorn hope that Andrews/Davis gets on the end of it. After both our goals we had 10 min periods where we played like we used to, knocking the ball around and looking for defence splitting passes. Then we go back to negative, aimless, mindless boring playing around at the back with the inevitable outcome. They score ,we look like rabbits caught in the headlights, they score again and we get a draw against a awful team (thanks to Lillis)
Since Keith got his 5 year contract it seems complacency has set in throughout the club.

He's gotten to the point were unless we end up like Chesterfield he's untouchable. No manager should be like that.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:38 - Oct 17 with 2015 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 21:45 - Oct 17 by Dale23years

HILL OUT FOR ME

Yawn.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:42 - Oct 17 with 1965 viewssandy_dale

Bunney goosed after 60 mins meaning he made mistake after mistake and the lack of subs is astonishing. Slew keeps coming on with 5 minutes to go. What’s the point. Awful awful team so far.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:46 - Oct 17 with 1911 viewsShun

I'd also like to know why MJ Williams, a defensive midfielder, played a lot more advanced than Camps, an attacking midfielder who tonight played in a defensive midfield role and was pretty poor because of it. This formation of only playing 2 real midfielders and shoving Done and Inman back there too didn't work at Fleetwood and it didn't work tonight either.
Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:47 - Oct 17 with 1891 viewsDaleiLama

At 2-0 and having had some decent spells, I was thinking that there was at least a gap between ourselves and the "cellar dwellers". At 2-2 and facing a penalty, the stark reality was that that gap could have been negative instead of positive.
We have become a fragile team, which can lose confidence in a heartbeat and go into panic mode. Tonight was the game that should have turned that around after the draw at Fleetwood. Slew nearly pulled it out of the fire at the end, but we should never have been in that situation. I also think there is talent in this team and we are not a bottom half of the table squad, but we aren't proving that on the pitch. Maybe it's time to try playing Matty up front as the centre forward even though there are two or possibly three more likely candidates. We are still far from our best in midfield too, even though Callum did better tonight.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 1814 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Northampton. Hopefully black socks. on 22:47 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

At 2-0 and having had some decent spells, I was thinking that there was at least a gap between ourselves and the "cellar dwellers". At 2-2 and facing a penalty, the stark reality was that that gap could have been negative instead of positive.
We have become a fragile team, which can lose confidence in a heartbeat and go into panic mode. Tonight was the game that should have turned that around after the draw at Fleetwood. Slew nearly pulled it out of the fire at the end, but we should never have been in that situation. I also think there is talent in this team and we are not a bottom half of the table squad, but we aren't proving that on the pitch. Maybe it's time to try playing Matty up front as the centre forward even though there are two or possibly three more likely candidates. We are still far from our best in midfield too, even though Callum did better tonight.

That first paragraph sums it up. It appears the players too thought they had the game in the bag - absolutely fatal

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024