Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham v bury 21:43 - Oct 24 with 5101 viewsD_Alien

Late winner (90+4) for Latics sees them leapfrog above us but leaves bury just that bit deeper in trouble

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham v bury on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 5021 viewsscarrow

Shame for them.

Poll: Final position

Oldham v bury on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 4971 viewsDaleFan7

Surely time up for Clark?
Oldham v bury on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 4984 viewsDaley_Lama

Bury fans over-joyed with the defeat as it might lead to Clarke getting the boot.

Not a fan of him myself.

Surprised that such a good squad is struggling though, their recruitment in the summer was admirable if you ifnore wages etc
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:23]

Poll: DF in or out

Oldham v bury on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 4821 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oldham v bury on 22:20 - Oct 24 by Daley_Lama

Bury fans over-joyed with the defeat as it might lead to Clarke getting the boot.

Not a fan of him myself.

Surprised that such a good squad is struggling though, their recruitment in the summer was admirable if you ifnore wages etc
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:23]

Stephen Dawson should be back around New Year(?).......he'll do the biz Then there's Danny Mayor.
Agree their squad should be walking this League
Oldham v bury on 00:08 - Oct 25 with 4790 viewsD_Alien

Oldham v bury on 23:46 - Oct 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Stephen Dawson should be back around New Year(?).......he'll do the biz Then there's Danny Mayor.

If ever we needed an example of the difference between a squad of individuals with some talent, and a football team, this is it - said as much in a pre-season thread which included gloating from bury fans about their expensively-acquired signings, and where it'd take them

A change of manager might well make a difference, but unless those players at the back end of their careers but still taking home decent wedges are prepared to put themselves at the service of a team ethic and pull out whatever tripe they've got left, they'll continue to flounder

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham v bury on 00:21 - Oct 25 with 4775 viewsToffeemanc

Oldham v bury on 22:19 - Oct 24 by DaleFan7

Surely time up for Clark?

Hope not, we really need Clark to be in charge until around Christmas time. By then the damage done to their season should be enough to see them relegated.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Oldham v bury on 06:50 - Oct 25 with 4654 viewsColDale

has Danny Mayor offered anything since they came up to League One?

And you have to worry about a team when the supporters lament the absence of Andrew Tutte.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Oldham v bury on 07:52 - Oct 25 with 4562 viewsEllDale

Can the Chur afford to sack Clark?
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham v bury on 08:55 - Oct 25 with 4473 viewsjohndale

Stephen Dawson was sat in front of me in the main stand on saturday.
Oldham v bury on 09:46 - Oct 25 with 4402 viewsTTNYear

Oldham v bury on 07:52 - Oct 25 by EllDale

He's been quiet of late.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Oldham v bury on 09:50 - Oct 25 with 4393 viewsmacro

Oldham v bury on 09:46 - Oct 25 by TTNYear

He's been quiet of late.

He’s probably working out how he can spin his way out of a new stadium not opening for 2018.
Oldham v bury on 12:14 - Oct 25 with 4192 viewsParkinsGimp

Oldham v bury on 07:52 - Oct 25 by EllDale

He can afford anything LOL
Oldham v bury on 12:47 - Oct 25 with 4102 views442Dale

What exactly has moved on in the six months since this?:
http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/15234877.Bury_hold___39_positi

Of course, you can probably rest assured that Forever Bury are ensuring answers go out to their members and Bury fans which can then be analysed in public.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham v bury on 12:55 - Oct 25 with 4076 viewsupthedale

Oldham fans apparently pitch invaded after the win too, from a friend who went to the game (he goes every so often as he doesn't live too far from Boundary Park, but wouldn't call himself a fan) - said it was embarrassing.
Oldham v bury on 13:09 - Oct 25 with 4044 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oldham v bury on 06:50 - Oct 25 by ColDale

has Danny Mayor offered anything since they came up to League One?

And you have to worry about a team when the supporters lament the absence of Andrew Tutte.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It must be a massive disappointment for Tutte that Bury's choice of sport is (an attempt at) football. If it was playing tig (or tag if you're middle class) with a pained expression on your face he and Bury would be p1ssing it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Oldham v bury on 14:04 - Oct 25 with 3943 viewsmeeee

I've never seen a set of fans so obsessed with away followings as Oldham
Oldham v bury on 14:14 - Oct 25 with 3932 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oldham v bury on 12:55 - Oct 25 by upthedale

Oldham fans apparently pitch invaded after the win too, from a friend who went to the game (he goes every so often as he doesn't live too far from Boundary Park, but wouldn't call himself a fan) - said it was embarrassing.

Whilst not quite on fire at the moment, Latiques are sure smouldering and ready to ignite.

We will do well to get anything from them in a few weeks.
Oldham v bury on 15:24 - Oct 25 with 3844 viewsErnst_Stavro

Oldham v bury on 14:14 - Oct 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Whilst not quite on fire at the moment, Latiques are sure smouldering and ready to ignite.

Went along last night, 2 poor teams, it will be a while yet before Latics ignite.

Rubbish 1st half, Clark set Bury up with 5 across the back and no midfield, leaving the forwards isolated and obviously going for the draw. Even so Oldham managed to walk through the defence without a challenge to go one up. Different story second half, Bury had to come out, went for it from the off and equalised within a couple of minutes. Got on top and started to play some reasonable stuff but then Clark buggered it up again by making needless substitutions and unbalancing the team. Last 5 minutes Bury decided to go for it and were camped in Oldham's half. Beckford should have scored, Oldham goalie got to it, it went high in the air and then dropped into his arms as he lay on the ground. Goalie punted the ball straight down the other end, every Bury player bar one caught in the Oldham half, Oldham forward said thanks very much and Bob's your uncle in the 94th minute. A lot of very unhappy Bury fans, I can tell you. As I said, 2 poor teams rightfully down at the bottom.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 15:32]
Oldham v bury on 15:59 - Oct 25 with 3778 viewsParkinsGimp

Oldham v bury on 14:04 - Oct 25 by meeee

I've never seen a set of fans so obsessed with away followings as Oldham

Back in the day there werent so obsesse with the likes of West Ham, Sunderland and West Brom ( when they won promotion once) oh and little old Bristol Rovers on one memorable and funny occassion.
Oldham v bury on 19:25 - Oct 25 with 3535 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham v bury on 15:24 - Oct 25 by Ernst_Stavro

Went along last night, 2 poor teams, it will be a while yet before Latics ignite.

Rubbish 1st half, Clark set Bury up with 5 across the back and no midfield, leaving the forwards isolated and obviously going for the draw. Even so Oldham managed to walk through the defence without a challenge to go one up. Different story second half, Bury had to come out, went for it from the off and equalised within a couple of minutes. Got on top and started to play some reasonable stuff but then Clark buggered it up again by making needless substitutions and unbalancing the team. Last 5 minutes Bury decided to go for it and were camped in Oldham's half. Beckford should have scored, Oldham goalie got to it, it went high in the air and then dropped into his arms as he lay on the ground. Goalie punted the ball straight down the other end, every Bury player bar one caught in the Oldham half, Oldham forward said thanks very much and Bob's your uncle in the 94th minute. A lot of very unhappy Bury fans, I can tell you. As I said, 2 poor teams rightfully down at the bottom.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 15:32]

Behave yourself. Yes we played nowhere near our best last night I agree. But guess what... we won.

A poor side doesn’t win 4 out of 6 and draw the other two, when that includes Pompey, Posh, Bradford and Blackburn. Unbeaten in 7 with 5 wins isn’t igniting? You have tough standards.

You say you went to the game then proceed to describe a game I don’t recognise. Bury played a high pressing game first half which worked quite well. Passing was off from both sides, conditions may have played a part.

“Rightfully down at the bottom”... 1 place above Dale.

Funny.
Oldham v bury on 20:21 - Oct 25 with 3441 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham v bury on 19:25 - Oct 25 by biffoboffo

Behave yourself. Yes we played nowhere near our best last night I agree. But guess what... we won.

A poor side doesn’t win 4 out of 6 and draw the other two, when that includes Pompey, Posh, Bradford and Blackburn. Unbeaten in 7 with 5 wins isn’t igniting? You have tough standards.

You say you went to the game then proceed to describe a game I don’t recognise. Bury played a high pressing game first half which worked quite well. Passing was off from both sides, conditions may have played a part.

“Rightfully down at the bottom”... 1 place above Dale.

Funny.

There have been enough comments on this board in recent weeks about our own position and form.

This thread was about another two teams in the division and, quite rightly, the comments are about them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham v bury on 20:22 - Oct 25 with 3436 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham v bury on 14:14 - Oct 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

Bury were seconds away from getting something from them last night. Why should we be any different?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham v bury on 16:18 - Oct 27 with 2911 viewsaleanddale

Oldham going well ATM fair play.

Bury ha ha ha

New stadium in July - all the churs energies will be needed for this project they open the doors for pre season friendlies in July 2018.

9 months!! - Tick Tock.

Beardyman an interesting read an open letter going into to bury times later today.

Quicker they get shut of the Milky Bar kid the better for them but they are only just cottoning on!.

#enjoytheride
Oldham v bury on 16:30 - Oct 27 with 2899 viewsDale23years

Oldham v bury on 16:18 - Oct 27 by aleanddale

Oldham going well ATM fair play.

Bury ha ha ha

New stadium in July - all the churs energies will be needed for this project they open the doors for pre season friendlies in July 2018.

9 months!! - Tick Tock.

Beardyman an interesting read an open letter going into to bury times later today.

Quicker they get shut of the Milky Bar kid the better for them but they are only just cottoning on!.

#enjoytheride

Bury fans beginning to wake up and smell the coffee about Day, the finances, CCJ'S, Studium etc etc .

Wonder if it's truth that the players where late getting paid.?

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Oldham v bury on 16:55 - Oct 27 with 2861 viewsaleanddale

Oldham v bury on 16:30 - Oct 27 by Dale23years

Bury fans beginning to wake up and smell the coffee about Day, the finances, CCJ'S, Studium etc etc .

Wonder if it's truth that the players where late getting paid.?

VERY likely.

Cash flow is what will start to bite and it could unravel really quickly once it starts.

#shamblesofaclub

Not sure Day can afford to sack Clark but that's good for us the longer he is at the helm!!

looking more and more like a terrible appointment for the gigglers. ( Smiley Face Emoji )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024