Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale 20:12 - Oct 28 with 15928 viewsChockers1

Hey Guys,

As a lifelong Rochdale fan hearing news the of the new FM18 - guess who you start a game with - the mighty dale.

I know this isn't everyones cup of tea & thats all good.

My gaming channel has just started the Rochdale save to try & finally win a trophy at spotland.

You can follow my journey below - any tactical advice or potential signing advice appreciated.I'd love to get a few of the dale community involved, interviews, advice etc...

Cheers

Tails
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 20:14]
Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 01:09 - Nov 11 with 4159 viewsdale5758

32 games in now for me and we're second....latest decent signing is tyler Roberts from wba and he's banging them in for me.....in the last window got rid of calvin (10k) and slew (10k).plus got rid of beech for Culverhouse (lvl4 coach skills)

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 01:25 - Nov 11 with 4153 viewsChockers1

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 15:29 - Nov 10 by RAFC_1990

Im 27 games in and in 5th! Been on a great run last 10 games or so.

mate whats the secret??
Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 14:39 - Nov 11 with 4057 viewsRAFC_1990

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 01:25 - Nov 11 by Chockers1

mate whats the secret??

442, High tempo and high pressing. Rathbone, Camps and Williams doing great in the middle, 2 of 3. The other Jordan Williams is doing surprisingly well in ML, Davies and Done up front, Davies as a target man, it all just seems to click. Dont really have high possession in games, but creating and scoring much more chances.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 19:04 - Nov 11 with 4026 viewsChaffRAFC

Had a very average first season and finished 14th. Would have took that at the start of the season. Didn't concede many goals but struggled like mad to score goals. Played 4-1-2-2-1 at home and 5-3-1-1 away from home. Henderson and Davies joint top scored with just 8 goals each. My signings on the whole were ok. I made the following signings:

* Keiron O'Hara (Man Utd on 6 month loan) - Did well in the place of Lillis who was injured in pre-season.
* Lewin Nyatnanga (Free transfer) - Did quite well at centre half next to McGahey. Signed a new one year deal at the end of the season.
* Anton Rodgers (Free transfer) - Brought in as back up really. Did quite well when called upon. Didn't renew his contract at the end of the season
* Leon Best (Free transfer) - Awful signing. Scored 3 goals in 20 games. Released at the end of the season
* Harry Wilson (Liverpool on loan) - Top player but kept picking up injuries so didn't see the best of him.
* Larnell Cole (Free transfer) - Cost me a pretty penny in wages and at first struggled to get into the team but with Wilson's injuries he got his chance and did really well.

Released/Departed:

Andy Cannon (Luton)
Niall Canavan (Shrewsbury)
Mark Kitching (Released)
Anton Rodgers (Released)
Leon Best (Released)
Steven Davies (Rejected reduced contract so left)
Calvin Andrew (Released)
Joe Thompson (Released)
Reece Brown( Released)
Jordan Slew (Released)

Second season, I'm currently in pre-season but have made a lot of changes to my backroom staff and playing staff:

Backroom staff changes:

Steve Collis released and replaced by Jussi Jaaskelainen.
Chris Beech sacked and replaced by Grant Holt as assistant manager.
Kevin Gibbins - sacked and replaced by Mark Armitage
Gary Jones added to the coaching team

Player signings:

* Jordi Hiwula (Free transfer Huddersfield)
* Ryan McLaughlin (Free transfer Oldham)
* Andrew Tutte (Free transfer Bury)
* Nathan Philips (Free transfer Liverpool)
* Connor Townsend (Free Transfer Scunny)
* Nick Townsend (Free transfer Barnsley but the day after I signed him he broke his leg, out for 9 months)
* Ryan Allsop (Free transfer as a result of Townsend being injured)
* Callum Gribbin (Man Utd on loan - kid is unbelievably good technically)
* Nishan Burkart ( Man Utd on loan)
* Brooks Lennon (Liverpool on loan)
* Glen McAuley (Liverpool on loan)

Hoping to push for playoffs at least this season with that squad.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 21:49 - Nov 14 with 3898 viewsdale5758

Just finished the difficult first season but got us promoted to the championship in 2nd place (MK dons ran away with it) and I won the checkatrade trophy. Only secret really was the tactic I gave in another post worked really well in most games, the fact I has an affiliation with Liverpool (so I got some decent loans) and finally lots of other loan signings eg Marcus Edwards from spurs and Nelson from Arsenal to name probably the best two. Tyler Roberts also worth a mention who I got in the Jan window

This is the updated link for the 442 tactic

https://www.fmscout.com/a-suk-sam-442-fm18-tactic.html

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 3801 viewsRAFC_1990

Finished 4th! Absolute amazing 2nd half of the season.

https://ibb.co/n7aQTR

And I literally cant believe this come back in the 2nd leg of the playoffs after a 1-1 draw first leg.

https://ibb.co/fEd7a6

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 08:53 - Nov 18 with 3747 viewsAtThePeake

Like to start with a Conference North side and have admittedly cheated somewhat this time around with Salford - but signed Matty Gillam on a season long loan and he's been banging them in. Keeping Redshaw out the team at the moment!

Tangled up in blue.

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 09:17 - Nov 18 with 3743 viewsfitzochris

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 08:53 - Nov 18 by AtThePeake

Like to start with a Conference North side and have admittedly cheated somewhat this time around with Salford - but signed Matty Gillam on a season long loan and he's been banging them in. Keeping Redshaw out the team at the moment!

Does Redshaw start the game fully fit having had a pre-season at another club’s expense?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 07:58 - Nov 27 with 3613 viewsChockers1

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 20:50 - Nov 17 by RAFC_1990

Finished 4th! Absolute amazing 2nd half of the season.

https://ibb.co/n7aQTR

And I literally cant believe this come back in the 2nd leg of the playoffs after a 1-1 draw first leg.

https://ibb.co/fEd7a6

mate thats exceptional finishing fourth!!

this episode is the last game in season 2 & we've turned the club around

FA CUP RUN

PROMOTION

IF WE WIN TODAY WE FINALLY WIN A TROPHY

UP THE DALE

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 22:03 - Nov 27 with 3523 viewsRAFC_1990

We won the FL Trophy and won the playoffs! Dont know how but we did.

Struggling really bad in the Championship, its just a massive step up, there isn't a single game were you think Oh yeh can get a win here. Didnt win in about 15 games! got 3 in the space of 6 games but struggling again. Been beaten 8-1, 6-0 and 7-0! 14 points in 24 games, 12 from safety

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 22:34 - Nov 27 with 3513 viewsChockers1

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 22:03 - Nov 27 by RAFC_1990

We won the FL Trophy and won the playoffs! Dont know how but we did.

Struggling really bad in the Championship, its just a massive step up, there isn't a single game were you think Oh yeh can get a win here. Didnt win in about 15 games! got 3 in the space of 6 games but struggling again. Been beaten 8-1, 6-0 and 7-0! 14 points in 24 games, 12 from safety

Nice mate! imagine dale in the championship that would be some day! 12 points from safety isn't looking great is it, gotta string a few together from somewhere - can you bring in some free loan signings?

I'm working my way through the transfer window atm but its not looking pretty - I'l be relying on loan signings again & hopefully build the coffers up enough & avoid relegation.
Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 16:40 - Nov 28 with 3445 viewsdale5758

Just completed my second season by winning the championship. Huddersfield came second One thing that really helped was I found a great new tactic which id suggest you at least try. You can download it from here

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/37756/fm18-blue-matter-knap-433

At the start of the season I got rid of the usual suspects eg Reece Brown and Big Jim etc. I kept Josh and Hendo but only because they feature so high in the new group dynamics feature. Having said that neither of them played at all throughout the season I signed for fairly cheap money
Duhaney from City George Evans and Tyler Blackett from Reading Tyrone Mings from Bournemouth, Pope from Burnley, my best buy was WIll Keane from Hull he scores for fun 27 goals in a squad rotation system (really impressive). I think the board gave me about 2 mill to spend and by using the money creatively I got them all
from within that total. An example of creative would be by paying extra after 40 games with a smaller amount upfront (eg £300,000 and 1,500,000 after 40 games). I also managed to get Nelson and Edwards on loan again from Arsenal and Spurs, Sterry from Newcastle was steady and I got Ejaria from Liverpool on loan.
In the Jan transfer window the board gave me another 1.5 mill and I used that to get Dack from Blackburn and Bradshaw from Barnsley which helped with squad rotation but also overall increased the strength of the squad in terms of stats.

Just started the preseason of my third season getting ready for the Prem. This time the board gave me 1mill in wages and 32mill for transfers. So far I've spent that on Lascelles, Izzy Brown and Lewis Baker from Chelsea, Juliean from Southampton and finally Kevin Stewart from Hull Each of those cost approx. 2-3 mill because they're transfer listed so I've still got about 15 mill to spend.

Hope some of that helps but in particular try the tactic
Cheers

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 18:32 - Nov 28 with 3418 viewsKnowlesy

I was promoted to the Premier League in my 4th season, I came 12th then 1st in League 1 then 7th and 1st in the Championship.

My strategy for helping with the awful cash flow issues is to find young (16, 17, 18) talent that's either been released or available on a free, developing them and then cashing in for a profit. Much like Dale do in real life. One of the best examples was a 16 year old right back that I signed from Queen's Park (they're a good team to look at every year when the youth team comes through - their youth facilities aren't that bad and they're an amateur team so there's no compensation/fees). Signed him on a free, had him from January to August and he signed for West ham for £2.5m plus 50% of next transfer ( which I cashed in for another £2.2m)

I don't know if I would use a formulated tactic that had been posted online to download, half of the fun for me is figuring out what works and building a tactic around my team that plays good football. But, different strokes and all that. I switch between a flat 4 3 3 and 4 2 3 1 (wide), same team instructions for both which helps with transitioning, the 4 2 3 1 just gives a bit more width.
Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 16:28 - Nov 30 with 3326 viewsVivaDonaldo

Football Manager 2018 - Rochdale on 18:32 - Nov 28 by Knowlesy

I was promoted to the Premier League in my 4th season, I came 12th then 1st in League 1 then 7th and 1st in the Championship.

My strategy for helping with the awful cash flow issues is to find young (16, 17, 18) talent that's either been released or available on a free, developing them and then cashing in for a profit. Much like Dale do in real life. One of the best examples was a 16 year old right back that I signed from Queen's Park (they're a good team to look at every year when the youth team comes through - their youth facilities aren't that bad and they're an amateur team so there's no compensation/fees). Signed him on a free, had him from January to August and he signed for West ham for £2.5m plus 50% of next transfer ( which I cashed in for another £2.2m)

I don't know if I would use a formulated tactic that had been posted online to download, half of the fun for me is figuring out what works and building a tactic around my team that plays good football. But, different strokes and all that. I switch between a flat 4 3 3 and 4 2 3 1 (wide), same team instructions for both which helps with transitioning, the 4 2 3 1 just gives a bit more width.

I'm with you on the downloadable tactics, feels too close to cheating for me.

I enjoy having a good review around January as to whether my system and players are working right and then retain players to fit a potential new system for next year. Train it as a back up tactic and then recruit for the tactic in the summer.

I'm reaping the rewards at the moment with a 5-3-2 tactic with wingbacks that's pushing me to promotion.

I've started unemployed this time round with the aim of trying to win most of the major trophies and leagues in the major European leagues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024