Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Clark FIRED. Bucketti HIRED. bury PROMOTION PUSH back on track. 21:17 - Oct 29 with 33414 viewsRAFCBLUE

Now, I'm not keen on bury but I have got to say I've some sympathy for Lee Clark.

He comes in after Chairman Day fires Flitcroft and then goes on a recruitment spree of what I'll define as journeymen professionals supplemented by a gaming of the loan system.

Now Clark has his faults but seems to have copped for Chairman Day arranging signings that he would not have wanted.

I personally hope he wins at Woking next week and stays for a few more league games; the financial papering over the cracks is a timebomb that will explode eventually.

He has a massive constructive dismissal claim coming if Day does decide to pull the trigger.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 10:58]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:23 - Nov 16 with 4282 viewsRAFCBLUE

Great post TTNYear.

I'm throughly suprised at the lack of spine of bury fans. Yes, the cultures between the our and their club differ significantly but there are a few (and I've met them) who say they have spotted this and should be standing up to this.

But they're not. David Conn, for example, is one high profile bury fan is quiet. You see nothing about demanding answers.

And that tells its own story.

It's as if since May 2013 and the appearance of Day the lines around clear thinking and challenge have gone. Either that or that they just don't care.

We've made it easy for them. We've even written passages of it on here (mainly on the thread that's called 'tomorrow can't come quick enough') that they could copy and paste and it boils down to them answering one simple question.

Dear Mr Day,

Please explain how we have lost £6.9m between 1st June 2013 and 31st May 2016, which is double the whole losses of the club between 1897 and 2013.

As an aside, a bury fan managed to get the bury CEO, Karl Evans to give his thoughts on all things bury and then published it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1hc8pocclateo8/Karl+Evans.wav

I can't believe Evans knew it was being recorded or published but it's telling in its tone and gives away a lot about their club that competitor organisation (us, Oldham, Wigan) can use to make them weaker.

The last 10 minutes from 54.15 are gold - particularly about how the FA Cup replay vs Woking gives "a road to Round 3!"

Stewie will not be pleased!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 15:38]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:00 - Nov 16 with 4151 viewsdingdangblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:03 - Nov 16 by TTNYear

And that’s the only surprise in all this, in that it’s taken so long. We were telling bury fans when Fatty McFat Face took over that all wasn’t as it seemed. But no ‘what could we do’, ‘enjoy the ride’ was the main rhetoric coming from the fans, in between the few detractors who must have some Dale DNA in them. Because the majority were just creaming themselves at the thought of Vaughn, Clarke, Beckford, Dawson ... even Tutte... I’m sure there’s more and better examples but I’m stifling a laugh with the last one, with little consequence to the long term future. Only when they have reached rock bottom with a set of over paid mercenaries and all seems hopeless do they finally start turning on Day. But a few golden words in a press release that Dunphy wouldn’t even have the balls to even think of releasing, and he’s the bees knees again. Remarkable.

1885 or whatever... we may join you on the slippery slope to the bottom division. But despite all the sh1te you throw at us 2 FA cup wins, playing in the championship, playing City, pedos, a ground with joined up sides... even your town has a PC world, if we do go down we will cut our cloth accordingly and carry on. Youve run out of cloth to cut. Is that the fans fault? ultimately yes, because you’ve prostituted your club to the first saviour without checking whether he’s worth the risk because someone said they would be chaining the gates if you didn’t. Day is full of bull and even on his last release could help lying. His claim that they’ve lost out on revenue if they’d got through because they’d have been ear marked for tv in the next round is an out and out lie. The tv schedule had already been decided. But you can add that to the long list of lies that the man has peddled.

No sympathy for this side of Heywood because we warned you, but your fans were too busy bathing in gold... unfortunately it was for fools.

I think the 'earmarked for tv' comment - he meant Sunday afternoon on BBC. However Peterborough got through last night and not Tranmere so bury v Peterborough wouldn't have been on. Woking v Peterborough most probably will. I'm pretty sure clubs only get £12,500 for that anyway so it's hardly a windfall when you are £10 million in debt!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:06 - Nov 16 with 4141 viewsTTNYear

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:00 - Nov 16 by dingdangblue

I think the 'earmarked for tv' comment - he meant Sunday afternoon on BBC. However Peterborough got through last night and not Tranmere so bury v Peterborough wouldn't have been on. Woking v Peterborough most probably will. I'm pretty sure clubs only get £12,500 for that anyway so it's hardly a windfall when you are £10 million in debt!

Fair play. But as you say a teat pipette drop in the ocean.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 16:07]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 21:31 - Nov 16 with 3908 viewsKenBoon

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:23 - Nov 16 by RAFCBLUE

Great post TTNYear.

I'm throughly suprised at the lack of spine of bury fans. Yes, the cultures between the our and their club differ significantly but there are a few (and I've met them) who say they have spotted this and should be standing up to this.

But they're not. David Conn, for example, is one high profile bury fan is quiet. You see nothing about demanding answers.

And that tells its own story.

It's as if since May 2013 and the appearance of Day the lines around clear thinking and challenge have gone. Either that or that they just don't care.

We've made it easy for them. We've even written passages of it on here (mainly on the thread that's called 'tomorrow can't come quick enough') that they could copy and paste and it boils down to them answering one simple question.

Dear Mr Day,

Please explain how we have lost £6.9m between 1st June 2013 and 31st May 2016, which is double the whole losses of the club between 1897 and 2013.

As an aside, a bury fan managed to get the bury CEO, Karl Evans to give his thoughts on all things bury and then published it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1hc8pocclateo8/Karl+Evans.wav

I can't believe Evans knew it was being recorded or published but it's telling in its tone and gives away a lot about their club that competitor organisation (us, Oldham, Wigan) can use to make them weaker.

The last 10 minutes from 54.15 are gold - particularly about how the FA Cup replay vs Woking gives "a road to Round 3!"

Stewie will not be pleased!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 15:38]

David Conn has written pieces about berry's ride
https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bu
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/27/bury-gigg-lane-winding-up-order

To be fair to him, I think there are other stories like Qatar, the FIFA trial in America, etc that are of more importance and interest that part whatever it is of berry's ride.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 21:41 - Nov 16 with 3892 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 21:31 - Nov 16 by KenBoon

David Conn has written pieces about berry's ride
https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bu
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/27/bury-gigg-lane-winding-up-order

To be fair to him, I think there are other stories like Qatar, the FIFA trial in America, etc that are of more importance and interest that part whatever it is of berry's ride.

I think Conn's articles and intentions are good - but there's been no piece for a year and post the accounts filed late in April 2017 which show a £2.5m loss I would have expected something.

The Karl Evans interview linked, leaked by a bury fan, is though something else. Essientially there are quotes in there that admit to deliberately holding out suppliers for payment as long as they can and the need for the Blackburn cash to pay bills.

Worth a listen.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:00 - Nov 16 with 3857 viewspnc4eva1

The beardy man thread about the milky bar kid is a brilliant read. The amount of sycophantic praise he receives is unbelievable.

He is rarely held to account for the managers he has appointed or players who's wages and contracts he has sanctioned. In fact all the dross players and wages are generally blamed upon the managers.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:06 - Nov 16 with 3845 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:00 - Nov 16 by pnc4eva1

The beardy man thread about the milky bar kid is a brilliant read. The amount of sycophantic praise he receives is unbelievable.

He is rarely held to account for the managers he has appointed or players who's wages and contracts he has sanctioned. In fact all the dross players and wages are generally blamed upon the managers.

Especially strange as he's stated numerous times that he interviews every player!

If Day stays, they are doomed!

If Day goes and calls in his debt, they are doomed.

#MayDayMayDay

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:15 - Nov 16 with 3830 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:00 - Nov 16 by pnc4eva1

The Evans interview confirms Day is responsible for the football side and Evans the business side.

Evans also divulged that Day isn't in the club full time but does get to Carrington with the pair not speaking regularly.

On the field Day has spent circa £9-£10m since he took over to get them where they are.

Three managers, one promotion, a lot of debt!

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:45 - Nov 16 with 3759 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:15 - Nov 16 by RAFCBLUE

The Evans interview confirms Day is responsible for the football side and Evans the business side.

Evans also divulged that Day isn't in the club full time but does get to Carrington with the pair not speaking regularly.

On the field Day has spent circa £9-£10m since he took over to get them where they are.

Three managers, one promotion, a lot of debt!

What was interesting was that Evans said "The Chairman isn't at the business every day".

He couldn't even refer to it as "the club" or "the football club", which is something you would expect football people to say.

It also seems that everything that has gone wrong or that isn't being done well seems to have happened before Evans arrived...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 10:09 - Nov 17 with 3473 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 23:04 - Nov 15 by BURYFC_1885

Right.. and what does any of that have to do with Rochdale AFC? I am quite familiar with our timeline of events thank you. The last part of your post details events that may not even occur. Level 6 or 7 until Bury FC could operate sustainably? If Dale can manage it I'm sure we could.

Again what does any of your post have to do with Rochdale AFC?

It has an awful lot to do with fans of Rochdale.

We sit, stand and talk to fellow supporters who bemoan the fact that WE don’t sign the likes of Jermaine Beckford or Pennant. That WE sell everyone who is good as soon as they become good. That WE don’t pay wages to attract and retain ‘good’ players.

How many times have WE heard people bemoan our perceived lack of ambition. The problem is with Rochdale is they don’t want to go up. They won’t take a punt, they won’t speculate.

This attitude is very much prevalent among younger (potential) supporters. By Bury doing what they are doing they create an illusion that they are trying harder for success than boring old prudent Rochdale.

You make it so much harder to do it properly.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 10:11]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 12:07 - Nov 17 with 3334 viewsscarrow

Clubs have bought their way to success. In a way Bournemouth have with a wealthy benefactor but Mr Day hasn't got the financial muscle. He buys in overpaid mercenaries and hopes. I hear whispers that win bonuses are at £1500 each. At least they are saving money with those!

Poll: Final position

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:29 - Nov 17 with 3218 viewsmingthemerciless

Should be a good payday for them tomorrow, Blackburn have sold out their allocation of 3,250 I hear.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:32 - Nov 17 with 3211 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:45 - Nov 16 by TVOS1907

What was interesting was that Evans said "The Chairman isn't at the business every day".

He couldn't even refer to it as "the club" or "the football club", which is something you would expect football people to say.

It also seems that everything that has gone wrong or that isn't being done well seems to have happened before Evans arrived...

Very true.

I think if bury fans thought about it enough that's where the alarm bells should ring.

Equally, Evans' comments about some of his other departments were appaling - fine if you think of people that work for you but don't put it out as criticism in the public domain!

And as you say, "football people" don't talk about any club like that whether they are lifelong fan or just an employee being paid a wage.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 15:28 - Nov 17 with 3134 viewsdingdangblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:29 - Nov 17 by mingthemerciless

Should be a good payday for them tomorrow, Blackburn have sold out their allocation of 3,250 I hear.

Even better!

" 🎟 SOLD OUT 🎟

#Rovers will be roared on by 3,750 fans at Bury on Saturday, our biggest away following of the season so far! "

bury fans predict home turnout of 2500
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:29]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:21 - Nov 17 with 3058 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 15:28 - Nov 17 by dingdangblue

Even better!

" 🎟 SOLD OUT 🎟

#Rovers will be roared on by 3,750 fans at Bury on Saturday, our biggest away following of the season so far! "

bury fans predict home turnout of 2500
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:29]

£75,000 of cash in the account from that 3,750.

Obviously the VAT man gets 20% of that (eventually) but good news in terms of starting to eat into that £10m deficit.......

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:42 - Nov 17 with 3023 viewsjudd

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:21 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

£75,000 of cash in the account from that 3,750.

Obviously the VAT man gets 20% of that (eventually) but good news in terms of starting to eat into that £10m deficit.......

To be fair to the dried blood munching gets, they've a few quid generated by the sale of Vaughan and the odd wonderkid off of their academy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:05 - Nov 17 with 2989 viewsdingdangblue

Plenty of talk on Twitter that betting has been suspended on Simon Grayson becoming next @buryfcofficial manager. Nothing concrete to add on that other than he is understood to have pulled out of being a pundit for Sky tonight on Preston's match at home to Bolton

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:19 - Nov 17 with 2966 viewsjudd

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:05 - Nov 17 by dingdangblue

Plenty of talk on Twitter that betting has been suspended on Simon Grayson becoming next @buryfcofficial manager. Nothing concrete to add on that other than he is understood to have pulled out of being a pundit for Sky tonight on Preston's match at home to Bolton

Bury fan at work with the Eyre gossip was at the Village Hotel at dinner again and reckons to have seen what looked like Grayson, Glyn or Ian Snodin and Peter Reid all having a natter in the car park.

And Gemma Atkinson.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:10 - Nov 17 with 2894 views442Dale

Any excitability around Grayson really does sum it all up.

Compare this to the interview linked above where comments are made about how big away followings are a massive boost to funds to get bills paid.

It needs thinking about. Using this simple example (and there are plenty if others), if you're relying on revenue from a lot of away fans like that, is it acceptable to build a squad so large in an attempt to win football matches? It needs thinking about when celebrating winning those matches.

Listen from 55:00 and really think.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:55 - Nov 17 with 2819 viewsmingthemerciless

Yeah, I've heard the Grayson rumours as well. No smoke without fire ?
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:45 - Nov 17 with 2642 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:32 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

Very true.

I think if bury fans thought about it enough that's where the alarm bells should ring.

Equally, Evans' comments about some of his other departments were appaling - fine if you think of people that work for you but don't put it out as criticism in the public domain!

And as you say, "football people" don't talk about any club like that whether they are lifelong fan or just an employee being paid a wage.

He also claimed to know little about how Dale operate and then went on to talk about the Hogan money, as though that was what was keeping us going.

I could have sworn there was someone playing against Sheffield United tonight who we sold in August...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 08:36 - Nov 18 with 2447 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:42 - Nov 17 by judd

To be fair to the dried blood munching gets, they've a few quid generated by the sale of Vaughan and the odd wonderkid off of their academy.

Vaughan money already spent Judd into this seasons "stars". Stewie used the word "invested" but we know what he means.

As for the wonderkids - let's see which ones truly make it and give a proper return. We have only had three I can think off that have given meaningful money to our club over 20+ years - Bywater, Dawson and Hogan. And I think that's a decent performance for a club our size.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 08:38 - Nov 18 with 2442 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 22:45 - Nov 17 by TVOS1907

He also claimed to know little about how Dale operate and then went on to talk about the Hogan money, as though that was what was keeping us going.

I could have sworn there was someone playing against Sheffield United tonight who we sold in August...

There was more than a tinge of jealousy in that part of the interview directed at the concept of how "lucky" we are.

Further proof that they don't know how to cut their cloth accordingly.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 09:04 - Nov 18 with 2423 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:10 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

Any excitability around Grayson really does sum it all up.

Compare this to the interview linked above where comments are made about how big away followings are a massive boost to funds to get bills paid.

It needs thinking about. Using this simple example (and there are plenty if others), if you're relying on revenue from a lot of away fans like that, is it acceptable to build a squad so large in an attempt to win football matches? It needs thinking about when celebrating winning those matches.

Listen from 55:00 and really think.

Grayson will want serious £££'s because if he fails at bury that is basically the end of his career.

Failure at bury is inevitable for the many reasons already discussed.

Alex Neil is also under pressure at PNE; that job may be available soon and is a better bet for Grayson than our friends at lower Gigg.

If they do recruit him it will be a big name manager, lumbered with big time Charlie's such as Jermaine Beckford who Grayson exited from PNE last Summer.

Every circus and all that....

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:19 - Nov 21 with 2116 views442Dale

Bury Times reporter saying it should be sorted by the weekend for former Rochdale player Chris Lucketti to be their new manager.

BBC Humberside report that Scunthorpe are saying they haven't had an approach and they wouldn't welcome one.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024