Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fylde 18:39 - Nov 8 with 9378 viewsscarrow

V Wigan confirmed as the friday night BBC match

Poll: Final position

Fylde on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 5057 viewsShun

Do BT have a Friday night match too? Is there only one live BBC game and one live BT game over the weekend?
Fylde on 21:55 - Nov 8 with 5042 viewsKenBoon

I think both BBC and BT Sport have two live games each.
Fylde on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 5020 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 21:55 - Nov 8 by KenBoon

I think both BBC and BT Sport have two live games each.

One BBC and two on BT, the same as last weekend.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Fylde on 22:02 - Nov 8 with 5007 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 21:52 - Nov 8 by Shun

Do BT have a Friday night match too? Is there only one live BBC game and one live BT game over the weekend?

No, see my other post.

Three live games in rounds one and two. One on the BBC and two on BT.

Last weekend's games were Hyde v MK Dons (Friday, BBC), Shaw Lane v Mansfield (Saturday, BT) and Chorley v Fleetwood (Monday, BT).

That doesn't mean they will broadcast the next round at the same time, mind.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Fylde on 22:11 - Nov 8 with 4968 viewsdingdangblue

To be fair the Fylde v Wigan game is tie of the round - and fairly local for the BBC now based in Manchester.
Got a feeling we'll be Monday night on BT Sport.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fylde on 00:11 - Nov 9 with 4773 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What a shame....was hoping Dale would get the Friday BBC night slot.......let's hope we are still on BT's radar?
Fylde on 07:30 - Nov 9 with 4606 viewsnordenblue

Fylde on 00:11 - Nov 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

What a shame....was hoping Dale would get the Friday BBC night slot.......let's hope we are still on BT's radar?

That would be brill for travel plans for all our fans too.....
Fylde on 08:17 - Nov 9 with 4546 viewsdingdangblue

Fylde on 07:30 - Nov 9 by nordenblue

Other than the Sunday afternoon slot the other 2 televised games are going to be awful travel wise if we were selected. Monday night is even worse than Friday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Fylde on 08:26 - Nov 9 with 4521 viewswindowsbug

Fylde on 08:17 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Other than the Sunday afternoon slot the other 2 televised games are going to be awful travel wise if we were selected. Monday night is even worse than Friday.

When has anyone ever cared about travelling fans?
Fylde on 08:29 - Nov 9 with 4518 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 07:30 - Nov 9 by nordenblue

Thought the same.

Fylde on 08:32 - Nov 9 with 4504 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 08:17 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

If BT show a game on Saturday lunchtime, like they did last week, that’s a better time than either night match, apart from having to get up at the crack of dawn.

Fylde on 08:46 - Nov 9 with 4472 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'm expecting BT to show:

Wycombe vs Billericay or Leatherhead - Saturday lunchtime
Slough vs Rochdale - Monday night

BT have the rights to two second round replays I believe so there's a chance we could be televised twice if the first tie ends in a draw.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Fylde on 09:19 - Nov 9 with 4417 viewsfirgrovedale51

Fylde on 08:29 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

Thought the same.

When will it be announced when we play ?
Fylde on 09:23 - Nov 9 with 4409 viewsrichfoad32

Fylde on 09:19 - Nov 9 by firgrovedale51

I think it's only fair to the fans to announce it as soon possible so we can make travel arrangements, any arrangements to stay over etc. The sooner we can get these sorted, we're more likely to get discounts on rail fares and hotels.

As stated above though, when have the fans ever mattered?
Fylde on 09:46 - Nov 9 with 4366 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 09:19 - Nov 9 by firgrovedale51

By the end of this week, if the last round is any guide. Given the BBC game was announced yesterday, it shouldn’t be long.

Fylde on 09:47 - Nov 9 with 4361 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 08:46 - Nov 9 by RAFCBLUE

BT have the rights to two second round replays I believe so there's a chance we could be televised twice if the first tie ends in a draw.

For travelling purposes it would make more sense to have those the other way round.

Fylde on 10:38 - Nov 9 with 4272 viewsRosun

Fylde on 08:32 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

If BT show a game on Saturday lunchtime, like they did last week, that’s a better time than either night match, apart from having to get up at the crack of dawn.

Lucky Dawn.
Fylde on 10:56 - Nov 9 with 4219 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fylde on 09:47 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

For travelling purposes it would make more sense to have those the other way round.

Only from our own selfish perspective of travel would it makes sense to choose Saturday lunchtime over Monday evening if televised by BT.

There would be a lot of Billericay/Leatherhead fans who wouldn't enjoy seeing their game on a Monday night and a trip using the M25/M40/M4 to Wycombe in the rush hour to get there.

Our game, whenever it is, also throws up a lot of safety and logistics issues such as:

1. What's the capacity? There is talk of a maximum for 2,000 which sounds about right. This is not a full time ground but a local sports facility adapted for 7th tier football.

2. What's the away allocation? Based on 15% of the maximum that's about 300.

3. How are RAFC going to allocate 300 tickets across a season ticket base of 5 x that. First come, first served denies a fair allocation to season ticket holders. Ballot (of one ticket per season ticket) makes it possible that a family applying for four tickets might not get four tickets. A difficult one for Russ Green and the club.

4. If a Saturday and Sunday game, how will Slough segregate properly if Rochdale fans who can't get into the game in the Dale end get into the home end? There are lots of exiles in that part of the world, some who will not be season ticket holders.

I believe we printed our own tickets for Barrow away last year so it will be likely that will be the case again. Slough do not have the infrastructure here and Gainsborough Trinity in the First Round also printed their own tickets.

My hunch is that the authorities will want to minimise the attendance and these issues. BT's choosing of games will help them.

A Dale game on a Monday night will not see an away following of 300. It will also mean that there is probably not a 2,000 gate but still a sizeable crowd. Most Dale fans would watch on TV and avoid a lot of issues.

For the clubs concerned there is £72k of TV money here which is significantly greater than the gate receipts of Slough vs Rochdale will likely only be £25k-£30k

There is a guarantee that the Monday game team will know the potential third round prize before they kick off.

BT will want the drama of a big tie in Round 3 and a scripted upset.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Fylde on 11:12 - Nov 9 with 4183 viewsTVOS1907

Fylde on 10:56 - Nov 9 by RAFCBLUE

Only from our own selfish perspective of travel would it makes sense to choose Saturday lunchtime over Monday evening if televised by BT.

There would be a lot of Billericay/Leatherhead fans who wouldn't enjoy seeing their game on a Monday night and a trip using the M25/M40/M4 to Wycombe in the rush hour to get there.

Our game, whenever it is, also throws up a lot of safety and logistics issues such as:

1. What's the capacity? There is talk of a maximum for 2,000 which sounds about right. This is not a full time ground but a local sports facility adapted for 7th tier football.

2. What's the away allocation? Based on 15% of the maximum that's about 300.

3. How are RAFC going to allocate 300 tickets across a season ticket base of 5 x that. First come, first served denies a fair allocation to season ticket holders. Ballot (of one ticket per season ticket) makes it possible that a family applying for four tickets might not get four tickets. A difficult one for Russ Green and the club.

4. If a Saturday and Sunday game, how will Slough segregate properly if Rochdale fans who can't get into the game in the Dale end get into the home end? There are lots of exiles in that part of the world, some who will not be season ticket holders.

I believe we printed our own tickets for Barrow away last year so it will be likely that will be the case again. Slough do not have the infrastructure here and Gainsborough Trinity in the First Round also printed their own tickets.

My hunch is that the authorities will want to minimise the attendance and these issues. BT's choosing of games will help them.

A Dale game on a Monday night will not see an away following of 300. It will also mean that there is probably not a 2,000 gate but still a sizeable crowd. Most Dale fans would watch on TV and avoid a lot of issues.

For the clubs concerned there is £72k of TV money here which is significantly greater than the gate receipts of Slough vs Rochdale will likely only be £25k-£30k

There is a guarantee that the Monday game team will know the potential third round prize before they kick off.

BT will want the drama of a big tie in Round 3 and a scripted upset.

Billericay or Leatherhead to Wycombe is more convenient than Rochdale to Slough at any time.

The Barrow tickets came from Barrow, while Gainsborough were at home!
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 11:16]

Fylde on 11:34 - Nov 9 with 4140 viewsdingdangblue

Fylde on 08:46 - Nov 9 by RAFCBLUE

BT are showing Billericay v Leatherhead replay next week - so I don't think they'll choose them again for the 2nd round ? Seems unfair to the other non league clubs involved who haven't been televised.

Fylde on 12:34 - Nov 9 with 3992 viewschuckleberry

Fylde on 11:34 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

BT are showing Billericay v Leatherhead replay next week - so I don't think they'll choose them again for the 2nd round ? Seems unfair to the other non league clubs involved who haven't been televised.

For purely selfish reasons I'd love it to be the Monday evening as I'm away over the weekend 😃
Fylde on 12:41 - Nov 9 with 3968 viewsfitzochris

The proximity of Fylde to BBC HQ had no weighting on their decision, I'm sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fylde on 12:56 - Nov 9 with 3928 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fylde on 11:34 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

I don't think that makes a difference to BT Sport's thinking.

The rights BT have allow them to show two live first round games after BBC get first pick. They showed Shaw Lane vs Manfield and Chorley vs Fleetwood.

They have rights to two of the first round replays of which Billericay v Leatherhead is one; Tranmere Rovers and Peterborough United being the other to face Woking or bury is the other.

There were only five draws in Round 1 so two from five replays would see the non-league teams. Woking and Guiseley being the unlucky ones not to get featured, mainly I think due to to interest rather than the fact they are non-league.

There are only two guaranteed home sides in Round 2, three if Woking beat bury and with the hoopla that surrounds the Billericay owner I could see them on again if they progress.

Fylde on 13:01 - Nov 9 with 3912 viewsfermin

Fylde v Wigan was the standout tie so not surprised BBC went for that over our game. I am not sure why the Wycombe game is so attractive as it does not fit the normal pattern of non-league team at home to league team. I would have though the other game likely to be televised is Gateshead v Luton. If we were also on TV then travel for both sets of away fans would be difficult, so the argument above would be moot.
Fylde on 13:44 - Nov 9 with 3799 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fylde on 12:41 - Nov 9 by fitzochris

The proximity of Fylde to BBC HQ had no weighting on their decision, I'm sure.

If that's the case then I'm glad, everything is too London centred in this country

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024