Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slough Town 17:47 - Nov 13 with 9104 viewssouthealingdale

Any news on when this game is happening yet?

@upthedale on Twitter

Slough Town on 20:51 - Nov 14 with 1813 viewsTVOS1907

Slough Town on 20:46 - Nov 14 by RAFCBLUE

I take solice that there are only 2 of those that have happened in my lifetime.

Do you know why we played the Hartlepool game on the Monday?

I recall being there (with the Barker penalty that has still yet to land). Was it televised?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 20:52]

It was live on Sky. I imagine they already had some other games on the Tuesday and Wednesday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Slough Town on 21:04 - Nov 14 with 1744 viewsRAFCBLUE

Slough Town on 20:51 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

It was live on Sky. I imagine they already had some other games on the Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks TVOS

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Slough Town on 07:53 - Nov 15 with 1506 viewsEllDale

I remember a lot of those games, especially that defeat to Barnsley in 1968.

Steve Melledew missed one of the biggest sitters I've ever seen that night. We pummelled them for most of the game and late in the second half a centre came across the six yard line in front of the Sandy with no-one near him.

Somehow he managed to twist and get under the ball and send it ballooning over the bar......

The most prominent Barnsley defender that night was centre half Eric Winstanley who was a real one-club man. I was astonished to read that when Hilly went to Oakwell that Winstanley was still employed there on the backroom staff.
Slough Town on 10:36 - Nov 15 with 1379 viewssoulboy

Slough Town on 07:53 - Nov 15 by EllDale

I remember a lot of those games, especially that defeat to Barnsley in 1968.

Steve Melledew missed one of the biggest sitters I've ever seen that night. We pummelled them for most of the game and late in the second half a centre came across the six yard line in front of the Sandy with no-one near him.

Somehow he managed to twist and get under the ball and send it ballooning over the bar......

The most prominent Barnsley defender that night was centre half Eric Winstanley who was a real one-club man. I was astonished to read that when Hilly went to Oakwell that Winstanley was still employed there on the backroom staff.

Ive got a feeling he scored that night, may be mistaken though
Slough Town on 12:15 - Nov 15 with 1280 viewsmingthemerciless

Slough Town on 10:36 - Nov 15 by soulboy

Ive got a feeling he scored that night, may be mistaken though

Just found this thread. The score in the reply was 1-0 to Barnsley, I can't recall their scorer. Winstanley was a good player, he should have gone on to play at a higher level but stayed at Barnsley . The left back, Eric Brookes, was another class player who stayed too long at a lower level.

Funny how your mind plays tricks, I was sure the Mellodew miss was at the Church Inn end. The game was as good as over and we were making our way over to go out through the exit on the corner under that scoreboard thingy when he missed the header right in front of us.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024