Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman 20:19 - Nov 17 with 1481 viewsBigKindo

.......... leaves Wales and joins Sunderland.
Coleman on 21:11 - Nov 17 with 1448 viewsfitzochris

Daft bugger. Michael O’Neill turned it down.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Coleman on 21:58 - Nov 17 with 1406 viewsDale92

So he chosen one big pay check at sinking ship over his career. He was never a good club manager. Leaves Wales in a bit of a tough spot too...Mr No Personality in Giggs or the old school Tony Pulis whos losing more abd more fans every week at WBA..no doubting hes done a good job restablising them but some of his tactics beggar belief if your a West Brom fan.

Scotland have pulled off a shrwd piece of business with Michael ONeil..lives in Scotland. Decent set of olayers as well..no world beaters just like hell like it. I think.

This is the One, I've waited for

Coleman on 22:18 - Nov 17 with 1381 viewskiwidale

Coleman on 21:58 - Nov 17 by Dale92

So he chosen one big pay check at sinking ship over his career. He was never a good club manager. Leaves Wales in a bit of a tough spot too...Mr No Personality in Giggs or the old school Tony Pulis whos losing more abd more fans every week at WBA..no doubting hes done a good job restablising them but some of his tactics beggar belief if your a West Brom fan.

Scotland have pulled off a shrwd piece of business with Michael ONeil..lives in Scotland. Decent set of olayers as well..no world beaters just like hell like it. I think.

With regards to Coleman taking the Sunderland Job... madness sheer madness.

With regards to O'Neil taking the Scotland job or even talking to them... madness bordering on lunacy... he will be held in derision by Northern Ireland fans along with the social standing of a leper. For those with a long memory think Don Revie quitting the England managers job for the job as manager of United Arab Emirates. He never managed in England again.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 7:27]

This is not the time for bickering.

Coleman on 00:41 - Nov 18 with 1294 viewsrochdale_ranger

Coleman on 22:18 - Nov 17 by kiwidale

With regards to Coleman taking the Sunderland Job... madness sheer madness.

With regards to O'Neil taking the Scotland job or even talking to them... madness bordering on lunacy... he will be held in derision by Northern Ireland fans along with the social standing of a leper. For those with a long memory think Don Revie quitting the England managers job for the job as manager of United Arab Emirates. He never managed in England again.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 7:27]

Odd outdated comment to make, anybody who considers himself an ulsterman knows Scotland and Northern Ireland have strong links and there is no animosity at all. He has took Ulster to the Euros and missed out on the world cup to a dodgy penalty decision most will wish him well. A few bitter sectarian bigots from the Irish nationalist community in Northern Ireland might deride O' neill taking the job but they support the Irish republics national team anyway. And Scotland have had Strachan, Walter Smith, Burley and Berti vogts managing them in recent years so I can not see them raising an issue with a guy from the North of Ireland taking the job either.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 0:45]
Coleman on 07:21 - Nov 18 with 1208 viewskiwidale

Coleman on 00:41 - Nov 18 by rochdale_ranger

Odd outdated comment to make, anybody who considers himself an ulsterman knows Scotland and Northern Ireland have strong links and there is no animosity at all. He has took Ulster to the Euros and missed out on the world cup to a dodgy penalty decision most will wish him well. A few bitter sectarian bigots from the Irish nationalist community in Northern Ireland might deride O' neill taking the job but they support the Irish republics national team anyway. And Scotland have had Strachan, Walter Smith, Burley and Berti vogts managing them in recent years so I can not see them raising an issue with a guy from the North of Ireland taking the job either.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 0:45]

If my post was "Odd outdated comment to make" then your reply is illogical it not only misses my point entirely its a load of bollox. Why bring sectarianism into it? my post was entirely football related nothing more. I compared it to Don Revie walking out of the England job to manage the UAE national side. nothing in your reply is relevant to my post

edit to add

maybe in my O P I should have said Northern Irish football fans rather than Ulster men in general. My O P has now now been edited to correct it.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 7:34]

Coleman on 07:40 - Nov 18 with 1189 viewsfitzochris

Coleman on 07:21 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

If my post was "Odd outdated comment to make" then your reply is illogical it not only misses my point entirely its a load of bollox. Why bring sectarianism into it? my post was entirely football related nothing more. I compared it to Don Revie walking out of the England job to manage the UAE national side. nothing in your reply is relevant to my post

edit to add

maybe in my O P I should have said Northern Irish football fans rather than Ulster men in general. My O P has now now been edited to correct it.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 7:34]

Why is it the equivalent of that?

Coleman on 08:11 - Nov 18 with 1160 viewskiwidale

Coleman on 07:40 - Nov 18 by fitzochris

Why is it the equivalent of that?

I did not say it was equivalent I compared it.

Revie an Englishman walked out on England while he was under contract to manage another national team and he got pilloried for it.
O'neil an Northern Irishman's contract was at an end however I believe N I wanted him to remain? correct me if I'm wrong. If he takes on the Scotland Job? It will be seen in my opinion as a snub to N I in favour of Scotland. its an opinion that you can disagree with.

edit to add
Revie entered into negotiation with the UAE football federation to take the UAE managers job while he was still the England manager something that was seen at the time as treacherous.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 8:21]

Coleman on 08:23 - Nov 18 with 1139 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman on 21:58 - Nov 17 by Dale92

Wales' tactics under Coleman haven't exactly revolved around free-flowing attacking football. Stick 10 men behind the ball and hope Bale can do something with it was mostly the tactic they adopted - and it got them to a semi-final. Pulis and that side are a match made in heaven.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Coleman on 08:36 - Nov 18 with 1123 viewsfitzochris

Coleman on 08:11 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

I did not say it was equivalent I compared it.

Revie an Englishman walked out on England while he was under contract to manage another national team and he got pilloried for it.
O'neil an Northern Irishman's contract was at an end however I believe N I wanted him to remain? correct me if I'm wrong. If he takes on the Scotland Job? It will be seen in my opinion as a snub to N I in favour of Scotland. its an opinion that you can disagree with.

edit to add
Revie entered into negotiation with the UAE football federation to take the UAE managers job while he was still the England manager something that was seen at the time as treacherous.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 8:21]

I do disagree with it. Completely.

The IFA gave O’Neill permission to talk to other clubs/teams for a start. Scotland, despite their woeful qualifying record, have a better infrastructure than Northern Ireland (don’t quote FIFA world rankings at me, as they’re gash). So it’s not a regressive step. The man lives in the country, too (Edinburgh).

Revie went behind the FA’s back, didn’t live in the UAE and went to a team with far less potential than the one he was currently at. He left for the money.

Other than that, you’re spot on.

Northern Ireland fans will only be disappointed in the same way we would be if Hill left for a bigger club.

Coleman on 08:40 - Nov 18 with 1111 viewskiwidale

Coleman on 08:36 - Nov 18 by fitzochris

I do disagree with it. Completely.

The IFA gave O’Neill permission to talk to other clubs/teams for a start. Scotland, despite their woeful qualifying record, have a better infrastructure than Northern Ireland (don’t quote FIFA world rankings at me, as they’re gash). So it’s not a regressive step. The man lives in the country, too (Edinburgh).

Revie went behind the FA’s back, didn’t live in the UAE and went to a team with far less potential than the one he was currently at. He left for the money.

Other than that, you’re spot on.

Northern Ireland fans will only be disappointed in the same way we would be if Hill left for a bigger club.

Can you point to the bit where I was spot on?

Coleman on 08:43 - Nov 18 with 1102 viewsfitzochris

Coleman on 08:40 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

Can you point to the bit where I was spot on?

It’s rude to point.

Coleman on 08:56 - Nov 18 with 1079 viewskiwidale

Coleman on 08:43 - Nov 18 by fitzochris

It’s rude to point.

fair enough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024