Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep the faith! 22:55 - Nov 21 with 3259 viewsDaleyBrent

Come on Dale fans - can't we stick together & remain fully behind the regime currently in place!

KH has had nothing but success during his time here & we are currently going through our toughest period. We own a stadium, have had 3 consecutive years of top 10 league 1 football & have produced some sublimely scintillating football along the way!

The players have given everything tonight and for those who have watched Hilly's interview's he's clearly had an incredibly tough 2017. a tough time for all associated with RAFC.

Lets go against the modern footballing grain & want change right here, right now. Lets galvanise behind this amazing journey we've all been on & lets get out of this predicament united, not divided!!

In Hilly I trust! Up the Dale!
Keep the faith! on 23:12 - Nov 21 with 3219 viewsD_Alien

tbf, there's probably less than a dozen people who post on here who might create an impression, through their constant doom & gloom, that there's any lack of togetherness behind the team & manager

It's not something that needs rallying calls as such, but positivity is always welcome

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keep the faith! on 23:35 - Nov 21 with 3182 viewslove_the_dale

Brilliant post, unlike the critical comments on other threads. There will be opposing posts, but us supporters must continue to support.
Keep the faith! on 00:59 - Nov 22 with 3106 viewsdownunder

Keep the faith! on 23:35 - Nov 21 by love_the_dale

Brilliant post, unlike the critical comments on other threads. There will be opposing posts, but us supporters must continue to support.

We could be unbeaten so far, but there would still be moaners and critics. Some people like to moan and criticise. Now I am moaning and criticising the moaners and criticisers. It is like a virus.
Keep the faith! on 01:42 - Nov 22 with 3083 viewskiwidale

Keep the faith! on 23:12 - Nov 21 by D_Alien

tbf, there's probably less than a dozen people who post on here who might create an impression, through their constant doom & gloom, that there's any lack of togetherness behind the team & manager

It's not something that needs rallying calls as such, but positivity is always welcome

If things continue as they are It wont take long before the dozen or so people become hundreds such is human nature. There is a section of our current fan base who have not experienced the lost years before Hill and have only known and expected success. Two things cannot be argued as things stand, first is, Hill is the best manager we have ever had or ever will have. Second the best manager we have ever had has got us in a right mess and if things continue it will be relegation come may.

Pick the bones out of that.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 1:44]

This is not the time for bickering.

Keep the faith! on 07:11 - Nov 22 with 2956 viewsaleanddale

Keep the faith! on 01:42 - Nov 22 by kiwidale

If things continue as they are It wont take long before the dozen or so people become hundreds such is human nature. There is a section of our current fan base who have not experienced the lost years before Hill and have only known and expected success. Two things cannot be argued as things stand, first is, Hill is the best manager we have ever had or ever will have. Second the best manager we have ever had has got us in a right mess and if things continue it will be relegation come may.

I will try...

Sometimes half a step back is required to move 2 forward.

There is no divine right and the reality is we are a lg2 sized club who have punched above our weight for 3 and a bit seasons.

There is a long long way to go but the relegation fight starts Saturday at home to Posh.
Keep the faith! on 08:03 - Nov 22 with 2883 viewsD_Alien

Keep the faith! on 01:42 - Nov 22 by kiwidale

My point is very simple - we see OPs like this quite regularly and IMO they just pander to a very small minority who can't face adversity

Those who're positive about our situation, will remain so

The doom & gloom merchants will continue on their sad journey

There's nothing 'brilliant' to be seen here

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keep the faith! on 21:03 - Nov 22 with 2632 viewskiwidale

Keep the faith! on 07:11 - Nov 22 by aleanddale

I will try...

Sometimes half a step back is required to move 2 forward.

There is no divine right and the reality is we are a lg2 sized club who have punched above our weight for 3 and a bit seasons.

There is a long long way to go but the relegation fight starts Saturday at home to Posh.

All your points are valid however "the relegation fight starts Saturday at home to Posh" is particular telling. With all the positively in the world that fact cannot be denied. Its not doom and gloom its reality.

edit to add
Is it premature to be talking about a relegation fight?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:10]

Keep the faith! on 21:36 - Nov 22 with 2572 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill has his faults, it’s undeniable, and many of them have been daubed across the numerous threads that have sprung up in the wake of the Charlton defeat.

Despite this, he remains the best person to manage Dale. It’s one of those unquantifiable things that you would have difficulty explaining to an outsider given our recent form, but he just is. He gets Dale and all of its quirks.

He isn’t leaving unless he decides to, and nor should he. I don’t think he’s taking a fag break courtesy of his five-year contract either. He very definitely cares about creating a winning team and isn’t simply turning up for his wage slip.

What happens from here, nobody knows, but if we do go down, it won’t be down to complacency.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Keep the faith! on 21:41 - Nov 22 with 2565 viewskiwidale

Keep the faith! on 21:36 - Nov 22 by fitzochris

Keith Hill has his faults, it’s undeniable, and many of them have been daubed across the numerous threads that have sprung up in the wake of the Charlton defeat.

Despite this, he remains the best person to manage Dale. It’s one of those unquantifiable things that you would have difficulty explaining to an outsider given our recent form, but he just is. He gets Dale and all of its quirks.

He isn’t leaving unless he decides to, and nor should he. I don’t think he’s taking a fag break courtesy of his five-year contract either. He very definitely cares about creating a winning team and isn’t simply turning up for his wage slip.

What happens from here, nobody knows, but if we do go down, it won’t be down to complacency.

I agree Fitz but is it premature to be talking about a relegation fight?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:42]

Keep the faith! on 01:39 - Nov 23 with 2435 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keep the faith! on 21:36 - Nov 22 by fitzochris

I don't think we will go down but I do think an air of complacency, despondency , disconnect etc is apparent at this time . The good thing is that the moaning is largely confined to here, the sounding board for all things Dale . We can all moan a bit, talk sh1te a bit, pretend we have dunphys/hills/ ear wobble on about Alan taylor and bob mountford and how he scored from 1009 yards but, we all love the club and most don't have shares in it, or possess football qualifications. So let's embrace the fact that we support our professional football team , we can argue and bitch, but we are Dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Keep the faith! on 11:03 - Nov 23 with 2319 viewsfinberty

Keep the faith! on 01:39 - Nov 23 by rochdaleriddler

I don't think we will go down but I do think an air of complacency, despondency , disconnect etc is apparent at this time . The good thing is that the moaning is largely confined to here, the sounding board for all things Dale . We can all moan a bit, talk sh1te a bit, pretend we have dunphys/hills/ ear wobble on about Alan taylor and bob mountford and how he scored from 1009 yards but, we all love the club and most don't have shares in it, or possess football qualifications. So let's embrace the fact that we support our professional football team , we can argue and bitch, but we are Dale

I wasn't aware of much 'wobbling on' about Alan Taylor.

Nor Bob Mountford, tbf.

Is it possible that Wikipedia forms the basis of some of these observations?

Nothing like the comfort of an armchair.

Just saying.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 11:08]
Keep the faith! on 11:08 - Nov 23 with 2309 viewssoulboy

Keep the faith! on 11:03 - Nov 23 by finberty

Nor Bob Mountford, tbf.

Just saying.

Now youre talking legends, Bob Mountford, a real centre forward he'd put his head where most players wouldnt dare put their foot!
Keep the faith! on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 2289 viewsfinberty

Keep the faith! on 11:08 - Nov 23 by soulboy

Now youre talking legends, Bob Mountford, a real centre forward he'd put his head where most players wouldnt dare put their foot!

Indeed!
But not much evidence on these boards of any wobbling on about him, still less Alan Taylor.

BTW - Calvin's extended his stay, if there's any link there......
Keep the faith! on 12:49 - Nov 23 with 2230 viewsaleanddale

Keep the faith! on 21:03 - Nov 22 by kiwidale

All your points are valid however "the relegation fight starts Saturday at home to Posh" is particular telling. With all the positively in the world that fact cannot be denied. Its not doom and gloom its reality.

edit to add
Is it premature to be talking about a relegation fight?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:10]

No

with hindsight we were in one from matchday 1.

We are closing in on half a season and occupy a relegation spot.

I do think we will get out of this spot of bother we are in. I hope we see some guts on display Saturday as nothing is better medicine than 3 points.

we can do it - but I think Hilly has to draft some new blood in the January window.
Keep the faith! on 16:42 - Nov 23 with 2103 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keep the faith! on 11:03 - Nov 23 by finberty

Nor Bob Mountford, tbf.

Just saying.

Nothing to do with Wikipedia , saw bob mountford and Alan Taylor play live in the flesh stood up numerous times. I remember mountford kicking the Stockport goalie in the head, Alan ogley? He went off absolutely raging.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024