Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best pie worst pie 21:26 - Nov 26 with 7485 viewsSandyman

What are your favourites / least liked in football catering?

Mine... The Kidderminster Harriers cottage pie wins it for me. Worthy of a Michelin star. The Bristol Rovers Pastie wins it for a pastry product, even above a Hilton's at Dale. The Cambridge United bacon buttie is a joy to behold.

Worst? We had an away gane at Lincoln one Friday night, (Jamie Clarke scored the equaliser in a 1-1 draw). Got there starving and had a "Pukka" meat and potato pie. It was like pastry with dog sick in it and was binned after one bite. Fookin disgusting.

This post is all a matter of taste, literally and subjectively, and "just for fun".

Fire away....
Best pie worst pie on 22:38 - Nov 26 with 6361 viewswindowsbug

I can't say I had the cottage pie. I had the Aggborough broth many times.
Brizzle pasties are/were awesome. Same for the Cambridge bacon rolls.
A big shout also for the Tamworth veggie burger.
Best pie worst pie on 06:36 - Nov 27 with 6269 views1mark1

In the old days at Spotland I used to love the Hilton’s pies, especially the Meat Pie with peas and gravy.

My favourite pie I remember was actually at Fartown, Huddersfield when watching Hornets play there in the 80s or 90s . Meat and Potato pie, just delicious.

Can’t really remember any stand out bad ones, plenty over the years. Usually it’s brews that were piss poor I found, though I suppose they warmed you up.

I would be interested to go to FGR to to try their food. I feel that overall football grounds are not fan freindly for catering, especially for healthy alternatives to meat products.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Best pie worst pie on 07:28 - Nov 27 with 6247 viewsflyerdale

Best pie worst pie on 06:36 - Nov 27 by 1mark1

In the old days at Spotland I used to love the Hilton’s pies, especially the Meat Pie with peas and gravy.

My favourite pie I remember was actually at Fartown, Huddersfield when watching Hornets play there in the 80s or 90s . Meat and Potato pie, just delicious.

Can’t really remember any stand out bad ones, plenty over the years. Usually it’s brews that were piss poor I found, though I suppose they warmed you up.

I would be interested to go to FGR to to try their food. I feel that overall football grounds are not fan freindly for catering, especially for healthy alternatives to meat products.

The chicken balti pie at Kidderminster for me, a chicken curry in a tray with a crust plonked on the top. The pies at Dale are OK if you manage to get a warm one or it's not been dropped on the floor.
Best pie worst pie on 08:02 - Nov 27 with 6224 viewsfirgrovedale51

Agree the Kidderminster cottage pie was something else
Best pie worst pie on 08:27 - Nov 27 with 6195 viewsBartRowou

Uncannily similar to Sandyman: the pie and the soup at Kiddy were historic; the pie I once had at Sincil Bank left me in a lot of bother for the rest of the weekend.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Best pie worst pie on 11:53 - Nov 27 with 6081 viewschalkyncfc

That's a thought provoking quote on your avatar Bart,where is it from?
Best pie worst pie on 12:07 - Nov 27 with 6069 viewsBartRowou

Best pie worst pie on 11:53 - Nov 27 by chalkyncfc

That's a thought provoking quote on your avatar Bart,where is it from?

Hi Chalky. It's from a song about Middleton and drugs (see below)

Who will you miss more if they get recalled by the reds: Ryan Yates or Jorge Grant ?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Best pie worst pie on 12:24 - Nov 27 with 6040 viewschalkyncfc

Thanks for the link Bart,I've never heard that song before

Both players have been a vital part of our success this season,we would be in the bottom third of the league if we didn't have them on loan and I'm hoping that as they both get regular first team outings they will stay until May,if I had to pick one to keep then it would be Jorge Grant without a doubt,he's been outstanding and it wouldn't surprise me if he played at top level at sometime
I noticed that Cardiff and Warnock did you over again yesterday, are they a bogey team for Forest?
Login to get fewer ads

Best pie worst pie on 12:24 - Nov 27 with 6039 viewsDaleFan7

Best: Hot Dog at Lincoln.

Worst: 'Beef' burger at York. Absolutely vile, lasted 2 bites before it went out of the ground.
Best pie worst pie on 13:32 - Nov 27 with 5952 viewsChaffRAFC

The bacon butty at Cambridge was top quality, probably the best food I've had at a game. Totally agree with the last post in regards to York, dog meat between to stale muffins. Awful.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best pie worst pie on 14:22 - Nov 27 with 5896 viewsFred_Talbot

Best pie - Millmoor, Rotherham. The game when Graeme Atkinson scored that last minute winner. Steak and kidney, pastry perfect and full of chunky steak pieces. Wonderful!

Worst pie - Turf Moor, Burnley. Meat and potato, uninspiring sludge, just like Dale that day. Burnley 4 Dale 1 ☹️

The soup at Kidderminster was fantastic!

Where's Fred?

Best pie worst pie on 16:22 - Nov 27 with 5780 viewsjudd

Went to Ibiza Town v Menorca one season and got a pie ella.

It were crap.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Best pie worst pie on 16:49 - Nov 27 with 5729 views1949er

Warm pork piezt Oakwell years ago

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Best pie worst pie on 19:34 - Nov 27 with 5637 viewsmodelboydave

i have done 80 of the 92 and keep my own pie register!!

by far the best is from this place

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/homebaked-pie-bakery-anf

The Scouse pie is unbelievable. so is we get Liverpool (a) in the draw on monday you know where to go

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Best pie worst pie on 19:37 - Nov 27 with 5635 viewsWalboro

Hiltons pies are still as good as they used to be every time i have one it brings back memories of dale matches in the 70s and 80s capped with the smell of bovril floating around for anybody who does like pies there is a butchers shop in the centre of Ramsbottom a cracking Pork pie for £1.15 and Bradleys Pork pie shop off lees rd between Oldham and Ashton across from the football ground a cracking warm pork and stilton.Tatts up in Wardle are also consistent but i seem to be getting more pastry than meat of lately. Happy eating
Best pie worst pie on 21:50 - Nov 27 with 5544 viewspnc4eva1

Although not a pie I loved the black peas at Halifax.

Worst pie, Darlington in the play offs. I had two the first burnt my mouth it was that hot, the second was frozen

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Best pie worst pie on 21:54 - Nov 27 with 5541 viewsnordenblue

Best pie worst pie on 19:37 - Nov 27 by Walboro

Hiltons pies are still as good as they used to be every time i have one it brings back memories of dale matches in the 70s and 80s capped with the smell of bovril floating around for anybody who does like pies there is a butchers shop in the centre of Ramsbottom a cracking Pork pie for £1.15 and Bradleys Pork pie shop off lees rd between Oldham and Ashton across from the football ground a cracking warm pork and stilton.Tatts up in Wardle are also consistent but i seem to be getting more pastry than meat of lately. Happy eating

There's a cracking pie shop opposite the old Burnden Park on Manchester Road,miserable owd goat who owns it but the pies are first class
Best pie worst pie on 09:57 - Nov 28 with 5437 viewsWalboro

Best pie worst pie on 21:54 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

There's a cracking pie shop opposite the old Burnden Park on Manchester Road,miserable owd goat who owns it but the pies are first class

Im sure its called the Burnden Pie Shop its been there ages I went there on a Wednesday the opening hours in the shop stated that it shut at 1400 I arrived at 1230 and its shut so I knocked on the side door and the old lady stated that it was shut because they had sold out so must be good.
Best pie worst pie on 11:19 - Nov 28 with 5395 viewsdownunder

Best pie worst pie on 09:57 - Nov 28 by Walboro

Im sure its called the Burnden Pie Shop its been there ages I went there on a Wednesday the opening hours in the shop stated that it shut at 1400 I arrived at 1230 and its shut so I knocked on the side door and the old lady stated that it was shut because they had sold out so must be good.

Not technically a pie, not football related either, but Ivor Dewdneys pasties (Plymouth) are superb.
Best pie worst pie on 11:41 - Nov 28 with 5374 viewsnordenblue

Best pie worst pie on 09:57 - Nov 28 by Walboro

That's the one,probably the best pies I've had to be honest but you'll be lucky to ever catch it open and the owd guy who owns it looks at you like you've just pissed on his Christmas dinner......
Best pie worst pie on 12:17 - Nov 28 with 5350 viewschalkyncfc

Best pie worst pie on 11:41 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

That's the one,probably the best pies I've had to be honest but you'll be lucky to ever catch it open and the owd guy who owns it looks at you like you've just pissed on his Christmas dinner......

These are the type of characters that I love to meet

Why doesn't he make/order more in if they are so popular?
Best pie worst pie on 14:03 - Nov 28 with 5291 viewsD_Alien

Best pie worst pie on 12:17 - Nov 28 by chalkyncfc

Isn't there a barber's next door?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best pie worst pie on 14:34 - Nov 28 with 5261 viewsnordenblue

Best pie worst pie on 12:17 - Nov 28 by chalkyncfc

That's probably how many hes made each day since 1920 so that's how he does things and doesn't do change......its like you're a royal pain in the arse actually trying to buy anything off him..... old school
Best pie worst pie on 15:12 - Nov 28 with 5235 viewsBlueMessiah

A pie shop opposite Ewood Park in the 90s used to sell the Shearer Pie filled with Alan's fave nosh of chicken and baked beans and was really rather nice. Not a patch on Hiltons though. It was the only thing we were famous for and with good reason - unbeatable IMHO.
Anything else now is just disappointing after we were spoilt for so long.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Best pie worst pie on 16:09 - Nov 28 with 5200 viewsjoecooke

Best pie worst pie on 11:19 - Nov 28 by downunder

Not technically a pie, not football related either, but Ivor Dewdneys pasties (Plymouth) are superb.

Very true,dewdneys were great.Used to have them when i lived in Exeter and if i remember rightly he ended up on the board of Exeter City.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024