Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Jim 09:55 - Dec 5 with 2431 views1949er

Any news as to why McNulty did not figure? I thought the playing of a back three really worked after the last home league game.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Big Jim on 10:02 - Dec 5 with 2413 viewsSuddenLad

Suspended - as stated in match commentary

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Big Jim on 12:58 - Dec 5 with 2112 viewsD_Dale

Big Jim on 10:02 - Dec 5 by SuddenLad

A dilemma for Hilly: Stick to a winning side or play him against Bradford? I think Jim'll be recalled.

I see the bookies offer shorter odds on Oldham winning tonight at 'Valley Parade' than those for Dale on Saturday.
Big Jim on 15:16 - Dec 5 with 1937 viewsShun

Big Jim on 12:58 - Dec 5 by D_Dale

A dilemma for Hilly: Stick to a winning side or play him against Bradford? I think Jim'll be recalled.

I see the bookies offer shorter odds on Oldham winning tonight at 'Valley Parade' than those for Dale on Saturday.

I'd love him to revert to the back 3 that was so successful against Peterborough, but straight after that match Hill was quick to point out that the formation isn't a permanent one and he'll only use it in certain games. I took that to mean that he won't use it in away matches, especially not at teams doing well like Bradford. I hope I'm wrong though.
Big Jim on 17:59 - Dec 5 with 1781 viewsfrenzied

Big Jim on 15:16 - Dec 5 by Shun

I'd love him to revert to the back 3 that was so successful against Peterborough, but straight after that match Hill was quick to point out that the formation isn't a permanent one and he'll only use it in certain games. I took that to mean that he won't use it in away matches, especially not at teams doing well like Bradford. I hope I'm wrong though.

Bradford's home record isn't great..i think we can get a point there

Interesting weekend ahead with 6 of the bottom 7 playing each other
Big Jim on 18:33 - Dec 5 with 1736 viewsrochdaleriddler

Big Jim on 10:02 - Dec 5 by SuddenLad

Didn't see anything from club before game!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Big Jim on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 1693 views442Dale

I really don't get why we'd change back to four again, unless out of necessity like last night.

The three central defenders offers far greater defensive protection and loses nothing going forward; Gillam and Inman would be the ones left out at Bradford for McNulty and Done which says it all. The wide players in a front three don't suit our strikers at present, ie. Calvin as a target man(Davies the option), with Done central where we now know he has to play to be effective. The midfield three is untouched and the shift in the full backs puts them further up the pitch to be an option wide.

If anything last night cemented that point with both Rafferty and Bunney crossing for goals as they almost played as wing-backs at times, the latter was a real threat. They can still drop into a five when required too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Jim on 19:24 - Dec 5 with 1631 views100notout

I heard him say that too but then again when has hilly ever done what he said he was going to do.

Expect 3 at the back on Saturday with Bunney and Rafferty bombing down the flanks

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Big Jim on 20:24 - Dec 5 with 1555 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Big Jim on 12:58 - Dec 5 by D_Dale

Oldham are winning.......Topi Obadeyi scores early.

Bradford are resting a few of their "main men" though.......may need them 2nd half?
Login to get fewer ads

Big Jim on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 1531 viewsShun

Big Jim on 18:49 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

I really don't get why we'd change back to four again, unless out of necessity like last night.

The three central defenders offers far greater defensive protection and loses nothing going forward; Gillam and Inman would be the ones left out at Bradford for McNulty and Done which says it all. The wide players in a front three don't suit our strikers at present, ie. Calvin as a target man(Davies the option), with Done central where we now know he has to play to be effective. The midfield three is untouched and the shift in the full backs puts them further up the pitch to be an option wide.

If anything last night cemented that point with both Rafferty and Bunney crossing for goals as they almost played as wing-backs at times, the latter was a real threat. They can still drop into a five when required too.

I completely agree about the benefits of the formation, but as soon as Hill's post-match comments about it came out I was sure we wouldn't see it at Bradford. Let's hope I'm wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024