Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! 12:38 - Dec 6 with 8868 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/errea-kitpartnership_2018-19/

Unbelievable, can only assume that the club can't afford the preferred supplier they had in mind and/or can't find another supplier within the budget.

Didn't buy a home shirt this season for the first time in 10 years due to the crap design, sizing issues. Some massive improvements needed for next season.

With details of the new design due very soon does anyone think the fans may have an input again?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:04 - Dec 6 with 6194 viewsStreety1996

Very surprised at this Russ Green said earlier this year that there's so many problems with them regarding stock, sizes and quality.

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:36 - Dec 6 with 6137 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's only for a further season.......gives us time to shop around for a better deal.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 6105 viewsToffeemanc

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:36 - Dec 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's only for a further season.......gives us time to shop around for a better deal.

That's what we were supposed to be doing already.

Pretty sure Russ stated at the fans forum that the current season would be the last season with Errea due to the issues encountered. The club certainly didn't seem happy with Errea but it now seems finding an alternative supplier hasn't been as easy as they expected.

We really need to get rid of Errea, the only decent shirts they have produced in 3 seasons were designed by the fans. If it's shit designs we want then Errea is definitely the place to go, just take at look at this seasons 3rd Kit, looks like we have copied it from Bury !

Hopefully the fans may get a chance to design next seasons so it at least it will be a good design and have a chance to sell.
I certainly having seen many fans wearing this seasons home shirt to matches and poor sales will be costing the club valuable revenue.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:57 - Dec 6 with 6089 viewsSaxonDale

"Details regarding the design of next season’s kits will be announced very soon."

Hoping that means we're having another design competition.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 14:52 - Dec 6 with 6035 viewsDaleiLama

..... 5,442,1 .....
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 14:53]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 15:49 - Dec 6 with 5938 viewsdingdangblue

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 14:52 - Dec 6 by DaleiLama

..... 5,442,1 .....
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 14:53]

The kit hits the fan ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:52 - Dec 6 with 5856 viewsChaffRAFC

"We have been satisfied with the quality and cost of the kits, and the partnership that has developed with Errea over the past three years."

LIES! We have not been satisfied, Russ Green said as much at the fans forum.

"We are confident moving forward that the sizing and delivery issues we have experienced previously will be rectified and look forward to working with Errea next season.”

I heard that last season and guess what, same issues.

Basically, it's the cheap option and the club don't give two shits about whether fans get decent quality because they assume people will buy them anyway.

Oh well, that's another season of me spending f*** all in the club shop.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 17:24 - Dec 6 with 5803 views442Dale

Do not worry, patience is paramount.

I am here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:06 - Dec 6 with 5729 views442Dale

Before we start, it's worth pointing out that Errea do indeed produce some excellently designed shirts that put to shame the boring efforts that the bigger brands churn out. However, we really need to look at some statements made:

Today Errea said this: "“We believe we have created some very unique kit designs over the past three seasons and we look forward to working with the Club this coming season."
In the recent programme v Peterborough, a game they sponsored they said: " We at Errea 
like to give all the clubs we supply an individual identity. We produce individual designs for all home and away kits."

Our home shirt design this season is used by other clubs (both Lincoln and Cefn Druids have it as an away design in different colours), it is an 'Eiger' template that is available for anyone to buy:

Recently we released a limited edition third shirt that is also a template shirt, it's called 'Athens':

Maybe the big question for Dale fans should be why, if Errea do indeed produce "individual designs for all home and kits", we feel the need to choose shirts that are random template offerings from their catalogue? The "very unique kit designs" they mention that have been created came from supporters, so why have those same supporters not been involved in choosing shirts for two out of the three years we have been with Errea?

It's been said a million times, involve fans and a lot of the criticism around football shirts can be avoided. I stand by the claim that the club has lost out on at least 50k over the last decade by not utilising the obvious interest and knowledge within its fanbase when it comes to designing shirts. When you consider that 5k a year estimate is only around 125 adult shirts a year, it's probably being a very conservative one. It would be very interesting to see the units sold each year.

Should we have switched brands? Even though I'm never a fan of templates, the other issues mentioned make it clear that supporters weren't happy. And being contradictory as hell now, it needs pointing that if we had gone to Nike or Adidas and giving their catalogue to that interested and knowledgable fanbase the club are lucky to have at their disposal, the resultant choice would have seen good sales figures and many more satisfied customers. It's really hard to fathom exactly why those two factors are not focused on first.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 18:31]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:40 - Dec 6 with 5664 viewsDaleFan7

Used to buy a new shirt every year. Haven't bought one since 2010-11 season due to the constantly garbage quality.

£40+ for an awful quality shirt that you wouldn't pay a fiver for if it didn't have a Dale badge on it. No thanks.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 20:02 - Dec 6 with 5528 viewsShun

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:57 - Dec 6 by SaxonDale

"Details regarding the design of next season’s kits will be announced very soon."

Hoping that means we're having another design competition.

Interesting thought, I missed that. I certainly can't see any other reason why details of next season's kit would be announced before we're even halfway through this season. Fingers crossed!
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 21:27 - Dec 6 with 5397 viewsrochdale_ranger

anybody Over the age of fifteen who wears a replica kit top should probably have a word with themselves.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 21:42 - Dec 6 with 5375 viewsRAFCBLUE

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 18:06 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

Before we start, it's worth pointing out that Errea do indeed produce some excellently designed shirts that put to shame the boring efforts that the bigger brands churn out. However, we really need to look at some statements made:

Today Errea said this: "“We believe we have created some very unique kit designs over the past three seasons and we look forward to working with the Club this coming season."
In the recent programme v Peterborough, a game they sponsored they said: " We at Errea 
like to give all the clubs we supply an individual identity. We produce individual designs for all home and away kits."

Our home shirt design this season is used by other clubs (both Lincoln and Cefn Druids have it as an away design in different colours), it is an 'Eiger' template that is available for anyone to buy:

Recently we released a limited edition third shirt that is also a template shirt, it's called 'Athens':

Maybe the big question for Dale fans should be why, if Errea do indeed produce "individual designs for all home and kits", we feel the need to choose shirts that are random template offerings from their catalogue? The "very unique kit designs" they mention that have been created came from supporters, so why have those same supporters not been involved in choosing shirts for two out of the three years we have been with Errea?

It's been said a million times, involve fans and a lot of the criticism around football shirts can be avoided. I stand by the claim that the club has lost out on at least 50k over the last decade by not utilising the obvious interest and knowledge within its fanbase when it comes to designing shirts. When you consider that 5k a year estimate is only around 125 adult shirts a year, it's probably being a very conservative one. It would be very interesting to see the units sold each year.

Should we have switched brands? Even though I'm never a fan of templates, the other issues mentioned make it clear that supporters weren't happy. And being contradictory as hell now, it needs pointing that if we had gone to Nike or Adidas and giving their catalogue to that interested and knowledgable fanbase the club are lucky to have at their disposal, the resultant choice would have seen good sales figures and many more satisfied customers. It's really hard to fathom exactly why those two factors are not focused on first.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 18:31]

You can only assume that Errea - after criticism from fans and club alike (including the CEO at a fans forum) - have put a serious amount of money back on the table which has turned the head of the club.

Money talks.

The fan participation element is vital. That competition a few years ago was excellent and produced some incredible interation and buy-in even before you get into the actual kit design.

Customers know what they want to buy - getting them to chose what is sold should mean they buy it.

I think you have to see this as Errea's last chance. I think I'm right in saying that the current deal predated Russ Green's appointment and thus, he had to live with it.

Here the CEO has now put his name to something he previously criticised - there must be an undisclosed benefit that counters that previous negativity.

The 2018-19 shirts sound like they are going to be another universal change. I'm not so keen on that.

Rochdale is a poor town and finding £40 for a shirt, even when it's universally loved, is an ask. TImes that by 3 kits every year and that's ridiculous IMO. No one has £120 to buy three kits, particularly when the current quality is patchy.

I'd like to see only two changes for 2018-19 both of which are fan designed. The one we keep can be the choice of the club but gives the opportunity if you wanted to buy it as say a Christmas present that it won't be obsolete again a few months later.

I'd also like to see the club get an amnesty for fans to swap old shirts of a rival team for a brand new 2018-19 Dale shirt ideally free but at least at a very big discount.

Get people wearing them by having something that is a better quality and at an unbeatable value is the way forward.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 21:43 - Dec 6 with 5369 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 21:27 - Dec 6 by rochdale_ranger

anybody Over the age of fifteen who wears a replica kit top should probably have a word with themselves.

Why?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 05:49 - Dec 7 with 5181 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

"Basically, it's the cheap option and the club don't give two shits about whether fans get decent quality because they assume people will buy them anyway."

...but that is nearly every football club the world over...and people do!
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 12:39 - Dec 11 with 4662 viewsBrierls

Not a "design the kit", but a "choose the kit"...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/kit-vote-2017-details/

Home: A (no need for the white panels down the sides on C)
Away: B
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 13:04]
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 12:52 - Dec 11 with 4619 viewsrochedale

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 12:39 - Dec 11 by Brierls

Not a "design the kit", but a "choose the kit"...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/kit-vote-2017-details/

Home: A (no need for the white panels down the sides on C)
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 13:04]

Home - C
Away - B

I will be amazed if anyone seriously chooses that pink kit, that is truely shocking.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 12:56 - Dec 11 with 4612 viewsDaley_Lama

Home A
Away D

Poll: DF in or out

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:03 - Dec 11 with 4592 viewsDaleFan7

Home - B

Away - Skins

The away options are all disgusting.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:11 - Dec 11 with 4573 viewsShun

Home: A or B

Well done to the club for having fan-input again, but I wish we'd been able to design our own kits! Still, the home choices are quite good.
New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:15 - Dec 11 with 4566 viewsChaffRAFC

Quite like all the home options so not bothered but PLEASE not that white away kit. I'd take the pink one over the white one! Best away kit for me is A by a mile!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 13:38 - Dec 11 with 4521 viewsBartRowou

I don't think it's ever been mentioned before but having a white change kit means you need a third kit for when you play blue and white stripes/halves/quarters.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 15:57 - Dec 11 with 4413 viewsrochdaleriddler

Away kit has to be c

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 4392 views1mark1

A and A.

Genuine question. Shouldn’t the “away” kit actually just be an alternative? I notice that quite a few teams seem to mainly use their home kit, and only use an alternative when they need to.
How often do Dale play in the “home “ kit away from home?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

New Kit deal penned................ with ERREA again !!! on 16:14 - Dec 11 with 4391 views100569

Home B

Away B for me

and for the record I`ve bought a shirt every season since they ever became available to purchase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024