Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Past players 12:43 - Dec 6 with 3062 viewsTappers

Is anyone in contact with past players esp team of 1968
Past players on 16:18 - Dec 6 with 2967 views1949er

Charlie Simpson lives near me in Newhey

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Past players on 17:53 - Dec 7 with 2718 viewsEllDale

I think Charlie would have been too young for that 1968 team, probably still at St Wilfrids around that time.
I also thought that there would have been a deluge of people on here who know "our Craig".
As for the 1968 team a lot of them weren't Rochdale lads and so never settled in the town.
Vinny Leech lived on Cowm Park Way in Whitworth (as did Tony Buck when he signed from Newport) whilst Steve Melledew lived locally.
I used to see Derek Ryder pretty regularly around Rochdale in the 1980's when he was a brewery rep but he always seemed happier for whatever reason talking about his time in the first team squad at Leeds under Don Revie although it must have been hard playing in the shadow of Willie Bell and then Terry Cooper.
Past players on 18:31 - Dec 7 with 2687 viewschalkyncfc

I had the great pleasure of doing a Sunday night pub quiz with Gerry Carver back in the 90's,he made 279 appearances for Notts back in the 60's and 70's
I didn't even know that he played for Notts until one day somebody said to me that I was only sitting with him because he played for County,I told Gerry what had been said and he replied "Yeah I did" A really humble and kind man who would (if pushed) tell you tales of Notts back in his day and in no way a big headed way,just great story's about cadging lifts of fans for away games,the old leather footballs,the boozing,a fag a half time and stuff,I loved talking to him about Notts in the old days,I asked him if he regretted not being a footballer now and making loads of cash and he replied that he got paid for the job that he loved and would always be grateful for that,I would sooner have a pint and chat with Gerry's generation than Rooney or the like
Past players on 19:40 - Dec 7 with 2628 views442Dale

Past players on 18:31 - Dec 7 by chalkyncfc

I had the great pleasure of doing a Sunday night pub quiz with Gerry Carver back in the 90's,he made 279 appearances for Notts back in the 60's and 70's
I didn't even know that he played for Notts until one day somebody said to me that I was only sitting with him because he played for County,I told Gerry what had been said and he replied "Yeah I did" A really humble and kind man who would (if pushed) tell you tales of Notts back in his day and in no way a big headed way,just great story's about cadging lifts of fans for away games,the old leather footballs,the boozing,a fag a half time and stuff,I loved talking to him about Notts in the old days,I asked him if he regretted not being a footballer now and making loads of cash and he replied that he got paid for the job that he loved and would always be grateful for that,I would sooner have a pint and chat with Gerry's generation than Rooney or the like

"the like" including your current lot who are doing really well with that current bonus scheme. It would mean something if the squad were more like Carver and we weren't hearing such a policy is "why players are scoring in the 96th minute"

#bemoregerry

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Past players on 20:02 - Dec 7 with 2611 viewschalkyncfc

Past players on 19:40 - Dec 7 by 442Dale

"the like" including your current lot who are doing really well with that current bonus scheme. It would mean something if the squad were more like Carver and we weren't hearing such a policy is "why players are scoring in the 96th minute"

#bemoregerry

Sadly I concur
Past players on 20:11 - Dec 7 with 2598 viewsD_Alien

Past players on 20:02 - Dec 7 by chalkyncfc

Sadly I concur

Bobby Concur, former Newcastle stalwart?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Past players on 07:45 - Dec 8 with 2461 viewsEllDale

Was it Julius Caesar who said, "I came, I saw, I concurred"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024