Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread. Oxford 14:05 - Dec 16 with 9397 views442Dale

Keane back on the bench

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. Oxford on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 5173 viewsD_Alien

Apologies if i've missed something during the week, but has McNulty been DROPPED???

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread. Oxford on 14:37 - Dec 16 with 5109 views442Dale

Match thread. Oxford on 14:20 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

Apologies if i've missed something during the week, but has McNulty been DROPPED???

Yep. Was taken off at half-time last week too.

That massive fuss about needing a left footed centre-half clearly isn't an issue right now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. Oxford on 15:02 - Dec 16 with 5029 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Probably our best team poss.....with only KK missing but who would miss out?

Bench looks a bit weak as a result.
Match thread. Oxford on 15:05 - Dec 16 with 5017 viewsD_Dale

Match thread. Oxford on 14:37 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

That massive fuss about needing a left footed centre-half clearly isn't an issue right now.

But he is one of the subs, so not totally dropped.
Match thread. Oxford on 15:28 - Dec 16 with 4939 viewsDaleFan7

Even game so far. Half chances for both teams without any real clear cut ones.
Match thread. Oxford on 15:46 - Dec 16 with 4858 viewsDaleFan7

We've been on top without really convincing. 1 goal wins this.
Match thread. Oxford on 15:50 - Dec 16 with 4824 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread. Oxford on 15:46 - Dec 16 by DaleFan7

Definitely got on top the longer the half went on. Best chances by ourselves with a couple of good shots from Camps and a good save from a Davies shot early on. Our defence looks solid

Looks a bobbly pitch but some decent football being played
Match thread. Oxford on 15:52 - Dec 16 with 4810 viewsD_Dale

Match thread. Oxford on 15:46 - Dec 16 by DaleFan7

According to OUFC tweet:

HT: @officiallydale 0-0 #OUFC. The home side started the game on top but United came back into it and looked more menacing in the last 15 minutes or so. The 2nd half should be interesting!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread. Oxford on 15:53 - Dec 16 with 4792 viewsrochdaleriddler

We are playing quite well, looking solid

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread. Oxford on 16:34 - Dec 16 with 4633 viewsDaleFan7

We need to go for their throat. They've offered nothing since about 25 mins. Don't feel we're pressing enough to make it count though.
Match thread. Oxford on 16:44 - Dec 16 with 4591 viewsDaleFan7

Not sure about MOM. Andrew and Daniels easily our best players for me.
Match thread. Oxford on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 4533 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread. Oxford on 16:44 - Dec 16 by DaleFan7

Not sure about MOM. Andrew and Daniels easily our best players for me.

Daniels for me too

Lot of effort & 2 very good chances in the second half. Defensively better all round & the 2 fullbacks had a lot of space. Need to be winning games like this when we are on top
Match thread. Oxford on 17:00 - Dec 16 with 4499 viewsDaleFan7

Disappointing not to take advantage of that game. Back into the bottom 4.
Match thread. Oxford on 17:12 - Dec 16 with 4408 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread. Oxford on 17:00 - Dec 16 by DaleFan7

Disappointing not to take advantage of that game. Back into the bottom 4.

Decent performance, thought the defence was good. Oxford settled for a draw, and we couldn't find a way through. I hope these dropped points don't bite us in May . Bottom four on merit this stage of the season, 4 wins not good enoigh

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread. Oxford on 17:17 - Dec 16 with 4379 viewsShun

Don't know how we didn't win that, we were comfortably the better side throughout. Oxford got what they came for and their keeper made a few nice saves, I'd like us to be a bit smarter in the box though - with the amount of times we got in there it's highly disappointing that we didn't score. Really frustrating.

Daniels was dominant at the back, Ollie was back to his best in midfield.
Match thread. Oxford on 17:29 - Dec 16 with 4285 viewsrochdale_ranger

Shite game between two shite teams. Got a parking fine attached to my van for parking on Sandy lane. Shite afternoon.
Match thread. Oxford on 17:41 - Dec 16 with 4223 viewsbeat_the_bishop

For me it's one that got away. I expected a lot more from Oxford and I think even their fans weren't overly impressed with the way they went about the game. They sat deep and lacked ambition to go forwards. Obviously this leaves it difficult for us to break through.

These types of games are won in midfield. By that I mean creative, imaginative, penatrive football which we lack and have lacked all season. Rathbone for all his endeavour doesn't offer that and Camps was off song and has been on numerous occasions this season. Lund and Allen gave Camps the freedom to play. Now I feel like he is too exposed and it's telling. Henderson offered nothing today which again, given he has one of the better football brains we suffer.

Difficult pitch is worth a mention too. Albeit it's the same for both team but at a time when we look disjointed a further hampner we could do without.

January is huge. Simply on the basis that it's clear as day we need some pace and 1 or 2 players that aren't afraid to carry the ball and head towards a man. Is William Moquet still alive?

Credit to Daniels and McGahey. Certainly our best pairing but not really tested today. Feel sorry for a goalscorer like Davies who is feeding on next to nothing (on the pitch anyway). And Done just needs a free rain to play on the last line of defence. In that role he will go on to get 7 or 8 goals in the remainder of the season. Which could prove this difference.

We look better, but still a CAM and winger shy of stringing some wins together. Interestingly, majority of the goals I watched from Inmans time at Crewe came from that No.10 role, driving forward and having a crack!
Match thread. Oxford on 17:47 - Dec 16 with 4187 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. Oxford on 14:37 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

If there's one positive to come out of today's game, it's the possible beginning of a decent CB pairing. Daniels may prefer using his right foot but he looks pretty comfortable using his left too, and comfortably MoM for me

Not much else to say really, except it's a game we could've ended up losing with the old CB pairing. We created a few half chances but no complaints about the result

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread. Oxford on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 4106 viewsdawlishdale

We looked so much better with McGahey and Daniels at CH. Oxford had very few chances and were very happy to pinch a point.

On another day, we win this game comfortably, but full credit to their keeper who pulled off a couple of class saves.

Matty Done should have been scoring late on from the Bunny cross.

The referee made quite a few poor decisions, and his assistants looked to get at least 3 or 4 offsides wrong.
Match thread. Oxford on 18:06 - Dec 16 with 4044 views100notout

Really disappointed with that - definitely 2 points dropped.

Thought Daniels & McGahey did ok but to be fair they didn't have much to do Oxford came for a point and showed no ambition so an easy afternoon for those 2. Difficult to choose a MOM - think I would have gone for Henderson - if nothing else for his work rate. Thought Davies had a shocker - would have subbed him long before he actually went off.

Heard a caller on Radio Manchester earlier saying we have lost our identity and were just hoofing it up to Calvin. Don't disagree with that although the pitch didn't help an seemed to be cutting up badly.

edit - just looked at the table and Oxford are 8th - fooking hell - one of the poorer teams I've seen at Spotland this season - just how little difference there is in standard between the majority of teams in this league
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 18:22]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread. Oxford on 18:49 - Dec 16 with 3840 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread. Oxford on 17:29 - Dec 16 by rochdale_ranger

Shite game between two shite teams. Got a parking fine attached to my van for parking on Sandy lane. Shite afternoon.

It wasn't shite, though you parking may have been

Match thread. Oxford on 19:01 - Dec 16 with 3795 viewswimborne_dale

Match thread. Oxford on 18:49 - Dec 16 by rochdaleriddler

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match thread. Oxford on 19:50 - Dec 16 with 3605 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread. Oxford on 18:49 - Dec 16 by rochdaleriddler

Too soon.
Match thread. Oxford on 20:20 - Dec 16 with 3512 viewsonedalefan

Match thread. Oxford on 17:47 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

If there's one positive to come out of today's game, it's the possible beginning of a decent CB pairing. Daniels may prefer using his right foot but he looks pretty comfortable using his left too, and comfortably MoM for me

Not much else to say really, except it's a game we could've ended up losing with the old CB pairing. We created a few half chances but no complaints about the result

Felt that Daniels had a tendency to drift over to the right too much playing very close to McGahey that a more attacking team than Oxford would capitalise on. Apart from that, looked solid, put in some excellent tackles and seems a better option than McNulty.
Match thread. Oxford on 20:23 - Dec 16 with 3506 viewsfrequency

anybody is a better option than mcnulty

Hate city

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024