Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ANTICIPATION 12:37 - Dec 17 with 1734 viewsYouTubeDale

We were 1 second off claiming all 3 points yesterday. If only Done would have anticipated Bunney’s cross late on in the game. (The same thing happened last week at Bradford) You can read the situation like a book. And it is imperative that Done gets himself in the A1 position to tap the ball home. He arrived a second too late. Not good enough. I know he took one or two knocks during the game that could have slowed him down a little. If so, he should have signalled to the bench to come off. Williams has speed and has the ability to anticipate that very move.

I counted 3 times the ball being launched to Davies, who won his header but there was nobody there to receive it. As soon as the ball is launched to Davies or Andrew, Done should anticipate the move, get on his bike, and get to the ball. This gets you goals, either directly or indirectly drawing the foul, then getting the free-kick. Again, Williams is capable of doing this job. Inman too.
To my mind, these are the basics. If you get the basics right, this would improve our performance.

So,so close to all 3 points. Overall, a good performance by the lads.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 12:38]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

ANTICIPATION on 14:42 - Dec 17 with 1579 views442Dale

Done wasn't playing up front, more in deeper role in almost a midfield diamond . He arrived late in the box for the Bunney cross, and was visibly disappointed. Davies knew he should have anticipated it, strangely he failed to read it.

If Done is played as a central striker he has proven to be more effective, so its not down to individuals being able to do a job, it's finding the right position to play them. I'd have started Inman ahead of Done in the position he was played yesterday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024