Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Thompson 19:20 - Dec 23 with 4831 viewsKenBoon

Today we saw something fantastic. Joey T completing his battle against Cancer for the second time by returning to professional Football. The enormity of what he's achieved shouldn't be lost in what was a disappointing team performance. I also thought he did pretty well when he came on.
Welcome back, Joey.
Joe Thompson on 20:33 - Dec 23 with 4686 viewsdingdangblue

Could have had the perfect return (and story) with what would have been the winning 2nd goal but for a last ditch block on the line.
Let's hope he inspires every other player to help us up the league table.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Joe Thompson on 21:42 - Dec 23 with 4597 viewsKenBoon

Joe Thompson on 22:08 - Dec 23 with 4537 viewskiwidale

Joe Thompson on 21:42 - Dec 23 by KenBoon

What a story what a man... just sheer joy and warmth it really is Christmas.

This is not the time for bickering.

Joe Thompson on 22:37 - Dec 23 with 4468 viewsShun

Absolutely! Beating cancer twice is a great enough achievement, but to then be playing professional football in the third tier in the very same year is nothing short of incredible! An inspiration.
Joe Thompson on 22:45 - Dec 23 with 4447 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fantastic to see Joey T back in business........never thought it would happen but this young fella shows what can be achieved.

Starman of the day!
Joe Thompson on 22:49 - Dec 23 with 4435 viewskiwidale

Joe Thompson on 22:37 - Dec 23 by Shun

Absolutely! Beating cancer twice is a great enough achievement, but to then be playing professional football in the third tier in the very same year is nothing short of incredible! An inspiration.

Joe Thompson playing today was the big story today far bigger than the game and more important than the score. If the rest of the team cant be inspired by JT to kick on? Im sure they more than anybody realises the immensity of what JT has done. I expect this will be all over the news tomorrow and rightly so.

This is not the time for bickering.

Joe Thompson on 05:50 - Dec 24 with 4264 viewsPeaky

Joe Thompson on 22:49 - Dec 23 by kiwidale

Joe Thompson playing today was the big story today far bigger than the game and more important than the score. If the rest of the team cant be inspired by JT to kick on? Im sure they more than anybody realises the immensity of what JT has done. I expect this will be all over the news tomorrow and rightly so.

The moment he stepped on to the pitch and the crowd bellowed his name has to be up there with my all time amazing dale moments. I may be on the other side of the world but felt that just as much as winning one nil away at darli in a cold Tuesday night to see us progress to andield. Love ya joey T.
Joe Thompson on 07:47 - Dec 24 with 4234 viewsDaleiLama

I was amazed to even see him on the bench let alone warming up and coming on. Stand out moment of the season so far, but it doesn't have much competition either. Looks like he needs to bulk up a bit more after the chemo, but that was inspirational stuff beyond my expectations. Good on you Joe. Bloody marvellous news just when I needed it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Thompson on 08:04 - Dec 24 with 4222 viewsnordenblue

The man should be named player of the season for his bravery alone..... an inspiration Joey T

If there's a way we can make it happen I'd be right behind it
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 8:06]
Joe Thompson on 12:40 - Dec 24 with 4035 viewsYouTubeDale

More simple but effective passes yesterday from Joe. Very nearly got his dream goal by sniffing in the box.

Welcome back Joe...and keep sniffing in that box !!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Joe Thompson on 13:03 - Dec 24 with 4006 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm really pleased for the lad. He should be the new penalty taker. No fear of missing if he's taken on cancer and won ! But those shorts, how can anybody sprint with those flapping around your thighs ?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 13:22]
Joe Thompson on 23:47 - Dec 24 with 3716 viewsYouTubeDale

Great tweet shared on the GoalRush program...

I don’t make promises I can’t keep 💪🏽Unbelievable feeling be back out there. Thanks to everyone for the support through it all! Thank you to everyone at @officiallydale for ovation it brought a tear and smile to my face .... Christmas made special for me and my family #grateful

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Joe Thompson on 12:49 - Dec 25 with 3577 viewssoulboy

Joe Thompson on 23:47 - Dec 24 by YouTubeDale

Great tweet shared on the GoalRush program...

I don’t make promises I can’t keep 💪🏽Unbelievable feeling be back out there. Thanks to everyone for the support through it all! Thank you to everyone at @officiallydale for ovation it brought a tear and smile to my face .... Christmas made special for me and my family #grateful

Yes, the first time he warmed up in front of the main stand during the first half, he had a massive grin on his face, and why not! Well done Joe T, legend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024