Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming alert via Twitter 16:52 - Jan 11 with 7788 viewsSheffdale

Ex player? - Knott it seems.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:00]
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:00 - Jan 11 with 4740 viewsShun

It does say a 'new face', so unless COG has done a Michael Jackson I suspect not an ex-player!
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:01 - Jan 11 with 4735 viewsJimmyRustler

*Awaits Sweetcorn's 'Who da fookk is that guy' meme*
Billy Knott signs on 17:06 - Jan 11 with 4650 viewsShun

Signed from Lincoln. An 'integral member' of the Bradford side that reached the quarter-final of the FA Cup recently. Can't say I've heard of him but a midfielder is definitely what we need.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:07]
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:13 - Jan 11 with 4585 views1907

Don’t know too much about the lad. Name rings a bell though.

Some interesting reading on twitter; a lot of Lincoln fans seem upset he’s gone, a lot of Bradford fans seem to love him also.

Left footed attacking midfielder who likes a bit of a battle and to boss the midfield.

Could be a good signing.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 4562 viewsrochdaleriddler

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:13 - Jan 11 by 1907

Don’t know too much about the lad. Name rings a bell though.

Some interesting reading on twitter; a lot of Lincoln fans seem upset he’s gone, a lot of Bradford fans seem to love him also.

Left footed attacking midfielder who likes a bit of a battle and to boss the midfield.

Could be a good signing.

I agree, the type of player we need, who is going to make way for him?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:17 - Jan 11 with 4551 viewsdavidab2202

Well one on my wish list in,posted on Gillingham thread.
Looks unfortunately as another lad who has lost his way along his professional footballing highway.
Lets give him a chance and see if he is another one we can get back to perhaps were he is capable of being as a player
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:20 - Jan 11 with 4519 viewsdawlishdale

Decent attacking midfield player...came on for the last few minutes on Tuesday.

From what I know, he is good enough to fit straight in...hopefully in the correct position which should allow Hendo to play up front more.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:25 - Jan 11 with 4466 viewsDaleFan7

'My last few moves probably haven’t been to passing teams, so I’m like a little kid again and I can’t wait to get passing the ball'

He's going to be disappointed come Saturday
Login to get fewer ads

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:28 - Jan 11 with 4423 viewsrochdaleriddler

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:25 - Jan 11 by DaleFan7

'My last few moves probably haven’t been to passing teams, so I’m like a little kid again and I can’t wait to get passing the ball'

He's going to be disappointed come Saturday

He's left to make way for lee frecklington
Edit. Didn't mean that as a reply to your post
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:29]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:30 - Jan 11 with 4393 viewsleedsdale

A goal against his former team on Saturday would be most welcome!
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:48 - Jan 11 with 4267 viewsMoonyDale

At least Hilly can't be accused of waiting till the last minute to make some signings, quite happy with the 2 so far.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 4261 viewsNorthernDale

I hope that he is the answer and like Keane is a good signing, after all we signed him from a league 2 side and left us wondering why he was not in Cambridge United team. I wish him well and hopes that he does well for us and helps us gets the points we need to survive this season.

However being a cynical person, I wondering why we did not sign a proven league 1 midfielder, rather than someone who as started just 9 league games for Lincoln this season and apparently as come on as sub in 6 other league games, and the season before played conference football with them, I accept that he played in league 1 for Bradford in the past, but why does Lincoln want him when they are chasing promotion? He was also allowed to leave by Gillingham. I do apologise for being cynical, I suspect that it is part of being a Dale fan I suppose

Perhaps that he is not happy with their style of football at Lincoln as he implies in a tweet on the Dale site , i.e he says he prefers to get back to passng the ball on the ground.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:50 - Jan 11 with 4246 viewsdingdangblue

He looks Knott a bad player!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:51 - Jan 11 with 4235 views442Dale

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:49 - Jan 11 by NorthernDale

I hope that he is the answer and like Keane is a good signing, after all we signed him from a league 2 side and left us wondering why he was not in Cambridge United team. I wish him well and hopes that he does well for us and helps us gets the points we need to survive this season.

However being a cynical person, I wondering why we did not sign a proven league 1 midfielder, rather than someone who as started just 9 league games for Lincoln this season and apparently as come on as sub in 6 other league games, and the season before played conference football with them, I accept that he played in league 1 for Bradford in the past, but why does Lincoln want him when they are chasing promotion? He was also allowed to leave by Gillingham. I do apologise for being cynical, I suspect that it is part of being a Dale fan I suppose

Perhaps that he is not happy with their style of football at Lincoln as he implies in a tweet on the Dale site , i.e he says he prefers to get back to passng the ball on the ground.

His comments about passing the ball indicate where his focus is, however he saw the pitch and must surely see that isn't possible when playing at home!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:58 - Jan 11 with 4197 viewsdavidab2202

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:49 - Jan 11 by NorthernDale

Reasons why we haven't signed a proven League 1
1) WAGES
2)Perhaps a reluctance to sign for a club in Dale's position at the moment without there being a big(see 1)
Knott it may be argued played 60 odd games for Bradford--does that make him at that time an established League 1 midfielder?
Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 4138 viewsShun

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:28 - Jan 11 by rochdaleriddler

He's left to make way for lee frecklington
Edit. Didn't mean that as a reply to your post
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:29]

Yep. A great signing for a League Two club, that.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 4138 viewsFred_Talbot

This is from my BCFC supporting mate...Billy Knott. Wish we'd never let him go. Vast majority of City fans would say the same. Super attacking midfield player. Keep an eye on him hovering at the edge of the box for a chance to shoot; left foot like a traction engine. Great signing. Hope he does fantastic for you. I'd have him back in a flash👍🏻👍🏻

Where's Fred?

Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:08 - Jan 11 with 4100 viewsDaleFan7

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:51 - Jan 11 by 442Dale

His comments about passing the ball indicate where his focus is, however he saw the pitch and must surely see that isn't possible when playing at home!

He played for Bradford, he should be good on a sh*te pitch!
Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 4099 viewsScunnydale

Incoming alert via Twitter on 17:50 - Jan 11 by dingdangblue

He looks Knott a bad player!

Seems to like scoring against Millwall.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:11 - Jan 11 with 4084 viewsrichfoad32

Incoming alert via Twitter on 18:09 - Jan 11 by Scunnydale

Seems to like scoring against Millwall.

Hope he's not cup tied then.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:02 - Jan 11 with 3840 viewssince58

decent player that lad.
Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:12 - Jan 11 with 3777 viewsD_Alien

He's played for England at U16, U17 & U20 level so must've shown a lot of promise as a teenager, plus being on the books of Chelsea and West Ham

If anyone can get him back on track, it's KH

Hopefully those voices screeching on about not having signings lined up will lower their decibel level

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:21 - Jan 11 with 3711 viewsrkershaw

Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:12 - Jan 11 by D_Alien

He's played for England at U16, U17 & U20 level so must've shown a lot of promise as a teenager, plus being on the books of Chelsea and West Ham

If anyone can get him back on track, it's KH

Hopefully those voices screeching on about not having signings lined up will lower their decibel level

Theme tune to 'Knot's Landing' anyone!?!? ;)
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 19:23]
Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:37 - Jan 11 with 3623 viewsD_Alien

Incoming alert via Twitter on 19:21 - Jan 11 by rkershaw

Theme tune to 'Knot's Landing' anyone!?!? ;)
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 19:23]

Will those lyrics fit?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Incoming alert via Twitter on 20:02 - Jan 11 with 3520 viewscumbria_dale

Spoke to my mate who's a city fan - he was full of praise for this lad, a bit of a cult hero at Bradford and you won't find a single city fan with a bad word to say about him. In particular, his winning goal against Leeds won him a place in their hearts

If he's on his game then we are getting a sharp, fast, clever creative midfielder who'll chip in with goals and isn't afraid to shoot. Sounds just the ticket.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 9:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024