Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunney bid rejected 15:29 - Jan 12 with 7089 viewsIOMDale

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/12/por-rochdale-reject-northamptons-bunney-bid

UTDNFS

Bunney bid rejected on 15:38 - Jan 12 with 4881 viewsShun

I didn't real realise he was of contract this summer. He hasn't set the world alight this season but it's not a good position to be in when we know how good he can be. He was one of the best left-backs in the league last season.
Bunney bid rejected on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 4870 viewsChaffRAFC

I'd have snatched their hands off.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Bunney bid rejected on 15:52 - Jan 12 with 4793 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Had his 'head turned' by the Sheff Utd interest last season and looks like he only signed for an extra year when he got injured.

Not sure if its that injury or the I'm to good for Dale syndrome, but his form has dipped on a par with Joe Raff

We don't seem to have a happy camp at the mo and KH once again looks to be distancing himself away from any sort of responsibility.

Something is very wrong at our club at the minute.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Bunney bid rejected on 16:02 - Jan 12 with 4736 viewsD_Alien

Bunney bid rejected on 15:52 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Had his 'head turned' by the Sheff Utd interest last season and looks like he only signed for an extra year when he got injured.

Not sure if its that injury or the I'm to good for Dale syndrome, but his form has dipped on a par with Joe Raff

We don't seem to have a happy camp at the mo and KH once again looks to be distancing himself away from any sort of responsibility.

Something is very wrong at our club at the minute.

That's a heck of a lot to infer from the club rejecting a bid from Northampton?

And has Raff's form dipped? In which games?

[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 16:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bunney bid rejected on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 4700 viewsnordenblue

Bunney bid rejected on 16:02 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

You have pm
Bunney bid rejected on 16:09 - Jan 12 with 4674 viewsD_Alien

Bunney bid rejected on 16:05 - Jan 12 by nordenblue

You have pm

Nothing arrived nb

Edit: has now

[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 16:10]

Bunney bid rejected on 16:20 - Jan 12 with 4600 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bunney bid rejected on 15:40 - Jan 12 by ChaffRAFC

Agree......we'll get nowt for him in Summer.
Bunney bid rejected on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 4554 viewsIknoweverything

Bunney bid rejected on 16:20 - Jan 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree......we'll get nowt for him in Summer.

Maybe he prefers the Rochdale summers to the Rochdale winters.
Login to get fewer ads

Bunney bid rejected on 16:30 - Jan 12 with 4530 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Bunney bid rejected on 16:02 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

So JR and JB are performing at the same level as last season?

JB has been average since coming back from injury, just not the same player.

Brown, McGahey, Daniels have all been preferred to JR in the first half of this season which would suggest his form has dipped from being first choice RB.

Bunney bid rejected on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 4439 viewsD_Alien

Bunney bid rejected on 16:30 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Brown, McGahey, Daniels have all been preferred to JR in the first half of this season which would suggest his form has dipped from being first choice RB.

I'd put it down to a combination of his injury and the thrashing about with formations plus playing in a team under pressure, without saying he'd taken a dip in form for non-playing reasons, which seemed to be implied in linking his form with that of Bunney

Bunney bid rejected on 16:49 - Jan 12 with 4398 viewsTVOS1907

He’s made 25 appearances this season, including more at right-back than the others combined.

He missed most of pre-season through injury, hence why Brown started at right-back. Brown hasn’t played since August.

Hill quickly realised his mistake in putting Daniels at right-back, especially in the game at Fleetwood. Rafferty came on at half-time and remained in situ in almost every game until picking up an injury before Christmas, hence why McGahey has appeared there.

It’s true that Rafferty hasn’t hit the high standards of the past, but who has?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bunney bid rejected on 17:01 - Jan 12 with 4311 viewsDaleiLama

I would suggest singling out our FBs for special criticism is mildly unfair.

Going through the squad, top to bottom, who has played consistently well so far? In the games I've seen that would be Harrison. Calvin also gives everything every game and isn't just an offensive contributor, but also has been invaluable in defence. Hendo, Camps, Ollie, Raff in fact most of the squad have been inconsistent. I would actually contend that JB is improving every game. But as the dysfunctional team malfunctions differently each week depending on team selection (who is available) formation (no further comments) and defensive howlers (plenty to choose from) it's very difficult to grade individuals anyway.

On a personal note, I would be sad to see the back of JB. He epitomises what KH wants in a player and he's played his guts out for us, often against the odds. I always want a trier like that to stay, but equally, if he gets an offer he can't refuse, good luck to him in the future.

Edit: TVOS said in one line what I spent 10 mins typing.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 17:04]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bunney bid rejected on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 4303 viewsdingdangblue

I doubt Bunney would want to move out of the area - he's just bought his first house in Manchester.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bunney bid rejected on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 4280 viewsrochdaleriddler

have we offered him a new deal, sounds like we haven't , perhaps we should

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bunney bid rejected on 17:43 - Jan 12 with 4158 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Bunney bid rejected on 16:46 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

I'd put it down to a combination of his injury and the thrashing about with formations plus playing in a team under pressure, without saying he'd taken a dip in form for non-playing reasons, which seemed to be implied in linking his form with that of Bunney

Fair enough.

After the interest in JB last January and Raff running his contract down, I'd imagine both would have expected to receive offers for their services a bit higher up the food chain than Dale, neither did and both have been a bit out of sorts this season from the games I have seen.

I don't think either will renew when their deal runs out, but that's just my opinion.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 17:45]

Bunney bid rejected on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 4147 viewsdingdangblue

Bunney bid rejected on 17:06 - Jan 12 by rochdaleriddler

have we offered him a new deal, sounds like we haven't , perhaps we should

I'm sure a player Hill called 'the best fullback in league 1 last season' will have been offered a new deal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Bunney bid rejected on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 4120 viewsdeeplishblue

Isn't that hitc site a load of bollox ?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Bunney bid rejected on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 4110 views1907

JB found himself in acres of space countless times on Tuesday night and I could count on one hand the amount of times he made a run into it demanding the ball. I don’t know whether he is under instruction to be more mindful of his defensive duties or, like many others, is shying away from getting back to his offensive best.

Raff was back to his best on Tuesday night. Linked up really well with Cannon in the first half in particular and if Hill hadn’t taken him off, we probably wouldn’t have conceded that dreadful goal.
Bunney bid rejected on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 4109 viewsD_Dale

The report ends:

"Rochdale are reluctant to lose Bunney as they battle against relegation themselves, but they are bracing themselves for further interest in the defender from Northampton and other clubs before the close of the transfer window."

Although this could be pure speculation, Bunneywise there might be more to come.
Bunney bid rejected on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 4098 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Bunney bid rejected on 16:49 - Jan 12 by TVOS1907

He’s made 25 appearances this season, including more at right-back than the others combined.

He missed most of pre-season through injury, hence why Brown started at right-back. Brown hasn’t played since August.

Hill quickly realised his mistake in putting Daniels at right-back, especially in the game at Fleetwood. Rafferty came on at half-time and remained in situ in almost every game until picking up an injury before Christmas, hence why McGahey has appeared there.

It’s true that Rafferty hasn’t hit the high standards of the past, but who has?

After four games wasn't all that quickly!

Oh and on the last point, Raheem Sterling?

Bunney bid rejected on 18:02 - Jan 12 with 4058 viewsSaxonDale

Bunney bid rejected on 15:40 - Jan 12 by ChaffRAFC

Out of interest, why?

He was arguably our best player for large stages of last season and showed that when he's on song he is one of the best left backs in the league. Granted he's been poor this season (as have many others) but I don't think we should be writing him off. I'd be very disappointed if we were to lose him- especially to a club not too different in size to our own.
Bunney bid rejected on 18:15 - Jan 12 with 4010 viewsmikehunt

I heard that he turned down a two year contract at the start of the season as he didn't want it to affect his chances of a move. Then he got injured ...
I got the impression he wanted out a while ago so seems (in Joe's case)it is not just what is going on at the moment.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bunney bid rejected on 18:17 - Jan 12 with 3987 viewsDaleFan7

Bunney bid rejected on 18:02 - Jan 12 by SaxonDale

Out of interest, why?

He was arguably our best player for large stages of last season and showed that when he's on song he is one of the best left backs in the league. Granted he's been poor this season (as have many others) but I don't think we should be writing him off. I'd be very disappointed if we were to lose him- especially to a club not too different in size to our own.

He has been next to useless as a defender this season. I think people were more blinded by his ability to cross a ball rather than his defending last season too.

At the moment we're playing him on the off chance someone gets on the end of one of the balls he plays into the box.
Bunney bid rejected on 18:43 - Jan 12 with 3874 viewsfitzochris

Bunney bid rejected on 17:53 - Jan 12 by D_Dale

The report ends:

"Rochdale are reluctant to lose Bunney as they battle against relegation themselves, but they are bracing themselves for further interest in the defender from Northampton and other clubs before the close of the transfer window."

Although this could be pure speculation, Bunneywise there might be more to come.

There might be, but remember this site is journalism by football agents.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bunney bid rejected on 18:48 - Jan 12 with 3844 viewsdingdangblue

Bunney bid rejected on 18:17 - Jan 12 by DaleFan7

He has been next to useless as a defender this season. I think people were more blinded by his ability to cross a ball rather than his defending last season too.

At the moment we're playing him on the off chance someone gets on the end of one of the balls he plays into the box.

You must have missed his performance against Zehli Ishmael - he turned up in great form, very dangerous player and Bunney completely bossed him out of the game. And countless others - he had a wonderful season and was a major part of why we nearly made the playoffs - in fact his injury at Walsall cost us a place in the playoffs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024