Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clitheroe 15:59 - Jan 13 with 3887 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm watching them v Prescott cables, their pitch is fantastic, it has green grass on it, no queues, pies, bar facing pitch, and the football is ok. The players actually shoot, and I've seen 3 goals and a saved penalty. £8

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Clitheroe on 16:01 - Jan 13 with 3862 viewsrdaleouis

Sounds like a much more interesting spectacle than last Tuesday!
Clitheroe on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 3798 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clitheroe on 16:01 - Jan 13 by rdaleouis

Sounds like a much more interesting spectacle than last Tuesday!

It's great!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Clitheroe on 16:59 - Jan 13 with 3697 viewswindowsbug

How much is a season ticket?
I won't be renewing mine next year.
Clitheroe on 17:18 - Jan 13 with 3646 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clitheroe on 16:59 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

How much is a season ticket?
I won't be renewing mine next year.

£125 I think!

Clitheroe on 17:20 - Jan 13 with 3629 viewswindowsbug

I think they would appreciate my money more than who gets it now.
Clitheroe on 17:23 - Jan 13 with 3621 views442Dale

Clitheroe on 17:20 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

I think they would appreciate my money more than who gets it now.

Out of interest, why would you choose not to continue supporting Dale?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Clitheroe on 17:32 - Jan 13 with 3579 viewsSunningDale

Clitheroe on 17:23 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

Out of interest, why would you choose not to continue supporting Dale?

If they don't want too let them get on with it. It's just a childish, knee jerk reaction to a poor season.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Clitheroe on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 3544 viewswindowsbug

After 35 years of home and away support, we got tired of travelling up and down the motorways.
The defeat at Exeter under Steve Eyre was the the final straw, and we've not been away since.
Sometimes you have to step back and take a real good look and decide is it worth it.
I've been disillusioned for several years but kept going anyways.
I think the time has finally arrived.
Login to get fewer ads

Clitheroe on 17:52 - Jan 13 with 3511 views442Dale

Clitheroe on 17:44 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

After 35 years of home and away support, we got tired of travelling up and down the motorways.
The defeat at Exeter under Steve Eyre was the the final straw, and we've not been away since.
Sometimes you have to step back and take a real good look and decide is it worth it.
I've been disillusioned for several years but kept going anyways.
I think the time has finally arrived.

Thanks for the reply. It's just that since that relegation season we've had a lot of success.

Everyone is different and that's to be respected, but it's our team and we will probably have lots of rubbish seasons like in the past and hopefully that won't drive away too many supporters.

Clitheroe on 17:56 - Jan 13 with 3496 viewsD_Alien

Clitheroe on 17:52 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

Thanks for the reply. It's just that since that relegation season we've had a lot of success.

Everyone is different and that's to be respected, but it's our team and we will probably have lots of rubbish seasons like in the past and hopefully that won't drive away too many supporters.

I agree, and not sure why it has to be "all or nothing" with supporters

Can fully understand cutting out the majority of away trips, but no need to make "a decision" whilst we're having a poor season (our first for six years) instead of just riding the storm, maybe taking a break but then come back renewed again

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Clitheroe on 17:57 - Jan 13 with 3490 viewswindowsbug

Clitheroe on 17:32 - Jan 13 by SunningDale

If they don't want too let them get on with it. It's just a childish, knee jerk reaction to a poor season.

It's not a childish knee jerk reaction.
I've been there when the club really had a poor team.
Torquay on a Tuesday night when it was a completely open end, Im one of the Swansea 42 or 46 I can't remember how many that night.
However there was a connection from the club to the supporters. That's all gone these days.
Just sick of being taken for granted.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 18:02]
Clitheroe on 18:21 - Jan 13 with 3423 views442Dale

Clitheroe on 17:57 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

Torquay on a Tuesday night when it was a completely open end, Im one of the Swansea 42 or 46 I can't remember how many that night.
However there was a connection from the club to the supporters. That's all gone these days.

The "taken for granted" is a valid point and one many supporters have felt over the years. However, the issues that have developed off the pitch and continue to crop up with unnecessary regularity were there when we were flying too.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that those responsible for any "disconnect" are made fully aware of it through their actions being analysed, questioned and, at times, ridiculed. They know. Up to them if they care enough, but it's pretty damning if they don't and won't affect my ability to sleep at night.

Clitheroe on 18:21 - Jan 13 with 3421 viewsSunningDale

Clitheroe on 17:57 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

OK fair enough, I apologise. It's just that this board seems to be full of people who've been spoiled by our relative success of late who are now throwing their toys out of the pram and threatening to turn their back on the team at the first sign of trouble. It appears you have your reasons, sorry again.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Clitheroe on 18:38 - Jan 13 with 3367 viewswindowsbug

Clitheroe on 18:21 - Jan 13 by SunningDale

OK fair enough, I apologise. It's just that this board seems to be full of people who've been spoiled by our relative success of late who are now throwing their toys out of the pram and threatening to turn their back on the team at the first sign of trouble. It appears you have your reasons, sorry again.

Clitheroe on 19:52 - Jan 13 with 3248 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clitheroe on 18:21 - Jan 13 by SunningDale

I just wanted to watch some some football, I wasn't fancying a trip to Gillingham for some strange reason. I'll be doing it again, very enjoyable

Clitheroe on 20:47 - Jan 13 with 3187 viewsDaleiLama

Clitheroe on 19:52 - Jan 13 by rochdaleriddler

I just wanted to watch some some football, I wasn't fancying a trip to Gillingham for some strange reason. I'll be doing it again, very enjoyable

There's "watching some football" and caring who wins. Curious RR - how did your experience compare with a Dale matchday (emotionally - not the matchday experience).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clitheroe on 20:56 - Jan 13 with 3152 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clitheroe on 20:47 - Jan 13 by DaleiLama

There's "watching some football" and caring who wins. Curious RR - how did your experience compare with a Dale matchday (emotionally - not the matchday experience).

I wasn't bothered who won, and watched from all sides of the ground, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the football, no hoofball, and a fair bit of skill. It was nice to watch and then leave without feeling deflated, I recommend it, I wouldn't go regularly, but it was better than sitting in watching SSN.some prescott fans travelled on the team coach, and were very friendly. Oh and no distorted banging tunes, just background music, and announcements

Clitheroe on 21:00 - Jan 13 with 3139 viewsIknoweverything

Clitheroe on 20:56 - Jan 13 by rochdaleriddler

I wasn't bothered who won, and watched from all sides of the ground, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the football, no hoofball, and a fair bit of skill. It was nice to watch and then leave without feeling deflated, I recommend it, I wouldn't go regularly, but it was better than sitting in watching SSN.some prescott fans travelled on the team coach, and were very friendly. Oh and no distorted banging tunes, just background music, and announcements

Tadcaster at home?
Clitheroe on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 3107 viewsDaleiLama

Clitheroe on 20:56 - Jan 13 by rochdaleriddler

Fair play. Hopefully deflation will become less common in our future. Bout time.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clitheroe on 21:21 - Jan 13 with 3078 viewsrochdaleriddler

Clitheroe on 21:14 - Jan 13 by DaleiLama

Fair play. Hopefully deflation will become less common in our future. Bout time.

Hopefully

Clitheroe on 09:34 - Jan 14 with 2909 viewsmacro

Clitheroe on 17:32 - Jan 13 by SunningDale

He must be one of the contributors to the Facebook group who called yesterday's performance gutless. It wasn't gutless. Mistakes cost but the players never looked as if they'd given up.
Clitheroe on 11:17 - Jan 14 with 2836 viewswindowsbug

Clitheroe on 09:34 - Jan 14 by macro

He must be one of the contributors to the Facebook group who called yesterday's performance gutless. It wasn't gutless. Mistakes cost but the players never looked as if they'd given up.

If your talking about me..
I don't do Facebook.
I won't call a performance that I have not seen.
Clitheroe on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 2548 viewsBrierls

Clitheroe on 09:34 - Jan 14 by macro

I’ve had to leave that Facebook group for my own sanity.

At the end of the day it’s a group setup and administered by Dale’s fooligan/casual element and is completely reactive. There are some of those lads who have more than half a brain cell who do wade in to add a bit of sense, but there are just so many posts that simply can’t be reasoned with so there is little point trying.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 13:04]
Clitheroe on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 2310 viewsmikehunt

Just be a bit more patient OP. We'll soon be visiting these grounds on a regular basis if things carry on on as they are.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024