Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gills 2 Dale 1 21:08 - Jan 13 with 6955 viewsdingdangblue

That is an awful miss from Hendo. Keeper off his line, bouncing ball, just lift it over him into the empty net for 2-1. So frustrating because he can finish those in his sleep.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/112

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 21:25 - Jan 13 with 5178 viewsDaleiLama

When I read it on Twitter and before I even saw it I thought "any other year and that would have gone in"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 18:59 - Jan 14 with 4728 viewsrich_dale

Awful defending for the second - no reaction or desire to get a block in, statuesque. The first is very avoidable too. Got to be more solid and resilient to win away.
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 4716 viewsRAFCBLUE

Did they do any attacking down their left-hand side/our right?

The highlights look like EVERYTHING comes down the left back channel and whilst that can happen, the lack of learning the lesson gives the inevitable cross for them to score the winner.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 19:22 - Jan 14 with 4672 viewsBass1

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 18:59 - Jan 14 by rich_dale

Awful defending for the second - no reaction or desire to get a block in, statuesque. The first is very avoidable too. Got to be more solid and resilient to win away.

My thoughts exactly. No desire or passion to throw bodies in the way of opposing attackers. This has been the problem for the last two seasons. We just seem to stand still and just watch as the opposition put the ball into our net. Pathetic.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 21:42 - Jan 14 with 4576 viewsRAFC1907

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 19:22 - Jan 14 by Bass1

My thoughts exactly. No desire or passion to throw bodies in the way of opposing attackers. This has been the problem for the last two seasons. We just seem to stand still and just watch as the opposition put the ball into our net. Pathetic.

Looks like we got absolutely battered. Lucky to have only conceded 2 from watching that.

Poll: Bottomley...

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 21:44 - Jan 14 with 4566 viewsIknoweverything

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 21:42 - Jan 14 by RAFC1907

Looks like we got absolutely battered. Lucky to have only conceded 2 from watching that.

And that’s why highlights are no substitute for being there.
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:20 - Jan 14 with 4481 viewsR17ALE

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 21:44 - Jan 14 by Iknoweverything

And that’s why highlights are no substitute for being there.

Quite.

There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games.

I personally hate reading people telling me what I'm watching/seeing once I've spent 15 hours and £80 watching a game.

Some people do it from other countries. Some do it from other counties. Some do it just to be coonts.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 02:18 - Jan 15 with 4405 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:20 - Jan 14 by R17ALE

Quite.

There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games.

I personally hate reading people telling me what I'm watching/seeing once I've spent 15 hours and £80 watching a game.

Some people do it from other countries. Some do it from other counties. Some do it just to be coonts.

" Some do it from other countries. Some do it just to be coonts. There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

That seems thinly veiled I suspect by your "coont" comment and "some do it from other countries" that you are talking about me? but I'll answer you anyway. When have I ever commented about a game I have never seen? I do not need permission to make comments or express an opinion in general I do comment on results and what appears to be strange team selection but I never commented on the game itself how can I I wasn't there. Can you please explain why you have to attended games to comment and have an opinion? I'm sure you have an opinion and expressed it about the going"s on at Bury? and if so how many games have you actually watched Bury play this season? Have you got an opinion about Trump? Clinton or Obama or Jeremy Corbyn? have you ever met them?

"There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

Here are some facts that I base my opinion on which is a bit inconvenient for your argument. We haven't won an away game in the league this season. We haven't won a league game since Nov 25. We haven't won in the last 7 league games having lost the last 4. we are currently second bottom with only the ongoing fiasco at Bury keeping us off the bottom. The fans are restless they haven't completely turned on the team most of the negative comments are aimed at Hill and the club in general but they are not far off. I suspect if we don't start picking up points and wins soon then this place will meltdown. There is not a lot to be positive about at the moment apart from the cup win? had we have lost that this place would be in open revolt. Now if you want me to be positive then I'm positive that Hill is the best manager we have ever had one half season does not make him a bad manager or undo all the great things he has done same goes for the board of directors. I'm also positive that Hill will be the best manager for the job should we be playing div2 next season. I'm also positive about the lad from Lincoln a straight swap for Williams having never seen either of them play, even from 12000 miles away that looks like good business, another couple of good signings will in my opinion if I'm allowed one? might just see us survive. We have 2 games in hand with another 22 to play Ive not given up yet.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 3:56]

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 07:21 - Jan 15 with 4334 viewsTVOS1907

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 02:18 - Jan 15 by kiwidale

" Some do it from other countries. Some do it just to be coonts. There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

That seems thinly veiled I suspect by your "coont" comment and "some do it from other countries" that you are talking about me? but I'll answer you anyway. When have I ever commented about a game I have never seen? I do not need permission to make comments or express an opinion in general I do comment on results and what appears to be strange team selection but I never commented on the game itself how can I I wasn't there. Can you please explain why you have to attended games to comment and have an opinion? I'm sure you have an opinion and expressed it about the going"s on at Bury? and if so how many games have you actually watched Bury play this season? Have you got an opinion about Trump? Clinton or Obama or Jeremy Corbyn? have you ever met them?

"There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

Here are some facts that I base my opinion on which is a bit inconvenient for your argument. We haven't won an away game in the league this season. We haven't won a league game since Nov 25. We haven't won in the last 7 league games having lost the last 4. we are currently second bottom with only the ongoing fiasco at Bury keeping us off the bottom. The fans are restless they haven't completely turned on the team most of the negative comments are aimed at Hill and the club in general but they are not far off. I suspect if we don't start picking up points and wins soon then this place will meltdown. There is not a lot to be positive about at the moment apart from the cup win? had we have lost that this place would be in open revolt. Now if you want me to be positive then I'm positive that Hill is the best manager we have ever had one half season does not make him a bad manager or undo all the great things he has done same goes for the board of directors. I'm also positive that Hill will be the best manager for the job should we be playing div2 next season. I'm also positive about the lad from Lincoln a straight swap for Williams having never seen either of them play, even from 12000 miles away that looks like good business, another couple of good signings will in my opinion if I'm allowed one? might just see us survive. We have 2 games in hand with another 22 to play Ive not given up yet.

I think you might have taken R17’s post a tad too seriously...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 4261 viewsParkinsGimp

You must be still happy with this great team that we have assembled though eh? Cant comment about today since I didnt go. Feel sorry for the brave souls who keep the faith at present.
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 4240 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 07:21 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

I think you might have taken R17’s post a tad too seriously...

Maybe your right about R17 maybe I've become sensitive not as thick skinned as I think but its been mentioned by others that those who don't or cant attend being disqualified from making comment or expressing opinion. My post was in reply to them at the end of the day we are all Dale fans this is the place to air our views right or wrong good or bad there are some on here who think their view is the only one that's valid there are too many petty squabbles on here I'm guilty of it myself often too quick to retort only to regret what Ive said in the heat of the moment, as Pdiddy used to say "its only a game" I wonder if other club sites are the same where personality clashes above content? I don't go on other fan sites so I wouldn't know.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 09:41 - Jan 15 with 4231 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 09:18 - Jan 15 by ParkinsGimp

You must be still happy with this great team that we have assembled though eh? Cant comment about today since I didnt go. Feel sorry for the brave souls who keep the faith at present.

I don't think anybody is happy with the team at the moment my question is have you ever been happy with any Hill team? Can you name any players that in your opinion were above conference level? cos I've been reading your post's for several years and I cant think of any.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 14:53 - Jan 15 with 4114 viewsNigeriamark

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 19:04 - Jan 14 by RAFCBLUE

Did they do any attacking down their left-hand side/our right?

The highlights look like EVERYTHING comes down the left back channel and whilst that can happen, the lack of learning the lesson gives the inevitable cross for them to score the winner.

I watched the game and you are correct, everything came down that 1 side and their number 9 who was decent went over there to back up the wingbacks. Nthile get's some stick but I havn't a clue where Bunny was most of the time, certainly not helping out. Seemed clear after a fairly short length of time that we needed to have a bit more manpower down the left but we didn't
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:31 - Jan 15 with 3907 viewsR17ALE

I wasn't talking about you. Not sure why you replied to me.

I assume all your other questions are now irrelevant.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:21 - Jan 15 with 3866 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:31 - Jan 15 by R17ALE

sorry Lad I took it on board you were having a pop at me, thanks for the correction I hope there is no ill feelings.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 3695 viewsIknoweverything

To be fair though, he fits the criteria.
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:53 - Jan 16 with 3623 viewsR17ALE

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:21 - Jan 15 by kiwidale

sorry Lad I took it on board you were having a pop at me, thanks for the correction I hope there is no ill feelings.

No ill feelings at all. I assume you moving down south has made you what we call "Southern Softies".

You do come across as a bit of a leafy type.

The Rochdalian dna seems to have evaporated from you. I was brought up yielding to no-one, "because you're from Rochdale".

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 00:25 - Jan 17 with 3544 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:53 - Jan 16 by R17ALE

No ill feelings at all. I assume you moving down south has made you what we call "Southern Softies".

You do come across as a bit of a leafy type.

The Rochdalian dna seems to have evaporated from you. I was brought up yielding to no-one, "because you're from Rochdale".

I'm not sure I know what a leafy type means? I think I prefer being called a coount. My DNA is definitely Rochdalian, Ings Lane, St Pats then St joe's, the sandy, flat cap clogs and Woodbines. I only ever drink out of a pint pot and Bitter not that Lager and Lime that some on here drink. I hear they serve a nice pint of shandy in the Cem?

"Southern softie" your joking? in my book the south starts at Cheshire.

"The Rochdalian dna seems to have evaporated from you"

evaporated milk was ace I don't know what your talking about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 4:29]

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 07:43 - Jan 17 with 3425 viewsDiddyDave

Just seen Hilly`s comments after the game on Youtube. He was crestfallen, I`ve never seen him look like that before,poor bloke looks the sky has fallen in on him. He keeps on about silly mistakes costing us,not just the players directly involved but the whole team. I said before,apart from the Stoke game we haven`t been thrashed,always losing by a single goal,it must be heartbreaking for the bloke,but he`s the only one who can sort this. He`s done it before and there`s some shit in this division,so come on KH,you can do it.
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 3211 viewsR17ALE

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 00:25 - Jan 17 by kiwidale

I'm not sure I know what a leafy type means? I think I prefer being called a coount. My DNA is definitely Rochdalian, Ings Lane, St Pats then St joe's, the sandy, flat cap clogs and Woodbines. I only ever drink out of a pint pot and Bitter not that Lager and Lime that some on here drink. I hear they serve a nice pint of shandy in the Cem?

"Southern softie" your joking? in my book the south starts at Cheshire.

"The Rochdalian dna seems to have evaporated from you"

evaporated milk was ace I don't know what your talking about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 4:29]

Nobody has called you a coount. But you mistakenly seem to think you have been. Which is precisely why you are leafy!

You really don't know what leafy means!

In Rochdale, in the summer, think of two words to describe a leaf!

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:11 - Jan 18 with 3156 viewsdownunder

Narrows it down. Me?. Diddy Dave?
Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:23 - Jan 18 with 3144 viewsR17ALE

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:11 - Jan 18 by downunder

No.

You Southern lot are very odd.

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:58 - Jan 18 with 3096 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 23:11 - Jan 18 by downunder

If its not me then its 50/50 that its you or diddy dave ... we all know it was aimed at me

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 00:27 - Jan 19 with 3078 viewskiwidale

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 22:40 - Jan 18 by R17ALE

Nobody has called you a coount. But you mistakenly seem to think you have been. Which is precisely why you are leafy!

You really don't know what leafy means!

In Rochdale, in the summer, think of two words to describe a leaf!

FFS R17 No! I don't know what a leaf or leafy means I take it its not a compliment? the only thing I can associate with leaf is thief or green.

'Nobody has called you a coont. But you mistakenly seem to think you have been. Which is precisely why you are leafy!"

remember posting this... "Some do it from other countries. Some do it just to be coonts. There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

So who was it aimed at? I live in another country that's southern, I don't watch the games, Ive been told more than once on here that my opinion does not count because I wasn't at Donny or Gillingham et all.

I must be a leafy coont.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:28]

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 10:47 - Jan 19 with 2934 viewsR17ALE

Gills 2 Dale 1 on 00:27 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

FFS R17 No! I don't know what a leaf or leafy means I take it its not a compliment? the only thing I can associate with leaf is thief or green.

'Nobody has called you a coont. But you mistakenly seem to think you have been. Which is precisely why you are leafy!"

remember posting this... "Some do it from other countries. Some do it just to be coonts. There are far too many people on here who make statements of fact on the team having not watched the games."

So who was it aimed at? I live in another country that's southern, I don't watch the games, Ive been told more than once on here that my opinion does not count because I wasn't at Donny or Gillingham et all.

I must be a leafy coont.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:28]

Yes I remember posting that.

Can I thank you for digging out that quote to remind the readership that no-body has called you a coount. It really is very good of you to make it perfectly clear to everyone.

Green and wet by the way!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 10:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024