Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucketti quits 22:38 - Jan 14 with 42331 viewsfitzochris

News emerging...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 22:38]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lucketti quits on 19:13 - Jan 15 with 3493 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

I was speaking generally, rather than about you specifically.

Actually, thinking about it, Lucketti is an ex-Dale player so this thread is about one of our own.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lucketti quits on 19:17 - Jan 15 with 3471 viewsMoonyDale

Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 15 by BlueDales

Much like Celtic have suffered financially and remained stagnant in a footballing sense from not having regular derbies against Rangers, Dale don't benefit from Bury struggling financially/going out of business. Far from it.

Derbies are the matches that bring the crowds in. Bury dropping down the divisions due to financial trouble would hurt us too.

Am not sure Bury dropping down will affect us in the slightest, seeing as we will be dropping right along with them...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Lucketti quits on 19:27 - Jan 15 with 3417 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 15 by BlueDales

Much like Celtic have suffered financially and remained stagnant in a footballing sense from not having regular derbies against Rangers, Dale don't benefit from Bury struggling financially/going out of business. Far from it.

Derbies are the matches that bring the crowds in. Bury dropping down the divisions due to financial trouble would hurt us too.

In the case of Bury and Rochdale, I'm not sure I agree with this notion.

Celtic and Rangers are two massive clubs, the only two in Scotland. Celtic would make a lot more in gate receipts playing against Rangers than against St Johnstone.

However Bury and Rochdale are two small clubs whose Derby figures attract usually only 5/6,000 fans in total. I'd argue staying in League One with teams such as Bradford, Blackburn, Bolton and Sheff U etc who will bring 3,750 away fans would be more beneficial for both clubs financially.

Going by Stewart Day's logic getting into the Championship would be even better... every team in that league including the likes of Millwall, Burton and Reading would bring 6,000 away fans to every match.... according to him anyway.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:32]
Lucketti quits on 19:29 - Jan 15 with 3410 viewselectricblue

Possibilty that Oldham could be in the mix aswell......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Lucketti quits on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 3301 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 19:27 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

In the case of Bury and Rochdale, I'm not sure I agree with this notion.

Celtic and Rangers are two massive clubs, the only two in Scotland. Celtic would make a lot more in gate receipts playing against Rangers than against St Johnstone.

However Bury and Rochdale are two small clubs whose Derby figures attract usually only 5/6,000 fans in total. I'd argue staying in League One with teams such as Bradford, Blackburn, Bolton and Sheff U etc who will bring 3,750 away fans would be more beneficial for both clubs financially.

Going by Stewart Day's logic getting into the Championship would be even better... every team in that league including the likes of Millwall, Burton and Reading would bring 6,000 away fans to every match.... according to him anyway.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:32]

I actually agree with that.

Has he said much about the new ground lately?

R11

Lucketti quits on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 3163 viewsErnst_Stavro

Lucketti quits on 18:55 - Jan 15 by BigDaveMyCock

Yeah and you expect me to believe that. What you lot do to goats is disgusting.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 20:21]

You're only jealous 'cos you have to make do with sloppy seconds ..... ;)
Lucketti quits on 22:17 - Jan 15 with 3112 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lucketti quits on 18:34 - Jan 15 by since58

be careful what you wish for.

Totally agree 58, totally agree......our own current crop for December, are nothing special at all but at least we are scoring the odd one or two,for which I am truly thankful.
Amen to that.
Lucketti quits on 08:08 - Jan 16 with 2955 viewsaleanddale

Lucketti quits on 20:32 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

I actually agree with that.

Has he said much about the new ground lately?

R11

Day has gone unusually quiet!!

Maybe he is busy building stadiums as the buckets move into their new one in 6 months time.

according to him anyway!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 9:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Lucketti quits on 08:23 - Jan 16 with 2923 viewsVivaDonaldo

Lucketti quits on 08:08 - Jan 16 by aleanddale

Day has gone unusually quiet!!

Maybe he is busy building stadiums as the buckets move into their new one in 6 months time.

according to him anyway!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 9:42]

Knowing Bury they probably had Carillion as the contractor on the build and paid them up front.

Strange when the most unbelievable part of the last sentence is Bury paying up....
Lucketti quits on 16:04 - Jan 16 with 2778 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:57 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

I'm aware of the messageboard threads and what happened to individuals mentioned within them. That was in the past, we are talking about what they've done since/are doing now to represent supporters' concerns, and then subsequently inform ALL fans of what occurs when they liaise with the club by ensuring there is a consistency to their output in the public domain.

Edit: thanks for the offer to dig out the info or to email. But that's exactly the issue, there should be a clear process so that information is being made available to all Bury supporters via their website. This is something we successfully manage through our Trust at Dale who are fully aware that they are there to represent all fans, ask questions, then made public the answers.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:02]

In response to the edit:

You have to understand the questions being asked by the Dale trust towards Dunphy (?) are not on the same level as the ones being asked towards Stewart Day. Hence, communication between club and supporters trust is more easily maintained.

I'd have though this would be quite an obvious factor and I'm fairly sure I've gone over this point before.

Questions put to Day essentially calling him a crook, questions about CCJ's, loans against club assets, the clubs debt levels etc are much less likely to be answered than say questions about why fans can't drink in the Ratcliffe Arms at half time, or why the price of pies has gone up by 15p

Look, I've seen the types of questions the Dale Trust forward to the Rochdale board, and I've also seen the questions that Forever Bury put forward to Stewart Day. They simply are not comparable.
Lucketti quits on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 2760 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 16:04 - Jan 16 by BURYFC_1885

In response to the edit:

You have to understand the questions being asked by the Dale trust towards Dunphy (?) are not on the same level as the ones being asked towards Stewart Day. Hence, communication between club and supporters trust is more easily maintained.

I'd have though this would be quite an obvious factor and I'm fairly sure I've gone over this point before.

Questions put to Day essentially calling him a crook, questions about CCJ's, loans against club assets, the clubs debt levels etc are much less likely to be answered than say questions about why fans can't drink in the Ratcliffe Arms at half time, or why the price of pies has gone up by 15p

Look, I've seen the types of questions the Dale Trust forward to the Rochdale board, and I've also seen the questions that Forever Bury put forward to Stewart Day. They simply are not comparable.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Lucketti quits on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 2725 viewsSuddenLad

Lucketti quits on 16:04 - Jan 16 by BURYFC_1885

In response to the edit:

You're quite right. There are plenty of questions that could be asked of the Dale board that would never get a full and frank response. That's the way of things.

There's no chance anyone will get any full answers to the Bury debacle, unless the person being asked is in a witness box being cross-examined.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lucketti quits on 16:20 - Jan 16 with 2708 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 16:13 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

You're quite right. There are plenty of questions that could be asked of the Dale board that would never get a full and frank response. That's the way of things.

There's no chance anyone will get any full answers to the Bury debacle, unless the person being asked is in a witness box being cross-examined.

Nail and head.

Mr Day has agreed to do a Fans Forum on the 29th of Jan btw...so should be fun.

Some of you lot should come along!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Lucketti quits on 16:27 - Jan 16 with 2678 viewsDaleiLama

Lucketti quits on 16:20 - Jan 16 by R11BFC

Nail and head.

Just been onto MEN Arena website to check forthcoming and events and can't find a listing?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lucketti quits on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 2661 viewsnordenblue

Nail and head.

Will that happen on time too like the concert and new stadium,championship football etc etc......... he'll need a good few milky bars that night
Lucketti quits on 17:31 - Jan 16 with 2582 viewsaleanddale

Lucketti quits on 16:31 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

Will that happen on time too like the concert and new stadium,championship football etc etc......... he'll need a good few milky bars that night

A whole box of Milky bars might not be enough!!

there will still be a few gigglers though grinning with white chocolate smeared faces!!
Lucketti quits on 18:40 - Jan 16 with 2496 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nail and head.

How much is the Entry Fee, R11?

Any supporting acts?
Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 16 with 2479 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 18:40 - Jan 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

How much is the Entry Fee, R11?

Any supporting acts?

Entry is free but by ticket. They're expecting a full house.

And just the one act...that's enough for one night!

Lucketti quits on 19:24 - Jan 16 with 2424 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 16:13 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

I agree, but where are the examples of Forever Bury's questions on behalf of supporters with responses/no comments? They may be out there and that's why it was asked.

Yes, there have been personal accounts of forums etc on a messageboard but as a voice of supporters, where is the official stance of Forever Bury on the situation?

And again, it may well be there, that's why there was a request for a link. Tedious "I spoke to Day/Thomas/the cat and they said this, this and this" gets nowhere. Make it official. If that means there's no further contact, fine. Get that out there and at least everyone knows where they stand. At present the amount of uncertainty after FIVE years indicates previous methods have not worked at all.

Edit: as BURYFC1885 says, they've seen examples of questions asked. Where are they then? Have ALL Bury fans seen them, and the subsequent responses/non responses? If not, that's my point. eg. Is there a simple "where are we up to with the new stadium?" answer out there recently?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:28]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lucketti quits on 19:32 - Jan 16 with 2394 viewskiwidale

Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 16 by R11BFC

have you booked the fat lady?

This is not the time for bickering.

Lucketti quits on 19:38 - Jan 16 with 2375 viewsColDale

Is Mike Read the compere after his success at the weekend?
Lucketti quits on 19:55 - Jan 16 with 2350 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 19:38 - Jan 16 by ColDale

Is Mike Read the compere after his success at the weekend?

Day's giving them the runaround...

Oh, wrong Mike Reid...

Lucketti quits on 20:59 - Jan 16 with 2291 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 19:24 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

I agree, but where are the examples of Forever Bury's questions on behalf of supporters with responses/no comments? They may be out there and that's why it was asked.

Yes, there have been personal accounts of forums etc on a messageboard but as a voice of supporters, where is the official stance of Forever Bury on the situation?

And again, it may well be there, that's why there was a request for a link. Tedious "I spoke to Day/Thomas/the cat and they said this, this and this" gets nowhere. Make it official. If that means there's no further contact, fine. Get that out there and at least everyone knows where they stand. At present the amount of uncertainty after FIVE years indicates previous methods have not worked at all.

Edit: as BURYFC1885 says, they've seen examples of questions asked. Where are they then? Have ALL Bury fans seen them, and the subsequent responses/non responses? If not, that's my point. eg. Is there a simple "where are we up to with the new stadium?" answer out there recently?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:28]

It's been previously explained to you that due to Forever Bury not giving into Day's ludicrous requests, they no longer have a seat on the board. Therefore, I think it is fair to say communications have broken down between Forever Bury and the club. This results in limited answers from the club regarding pressing issues.

Rochdale's supporters trust simply isn't comparable as there is no ill between club and trust and the nature of the questions posoed by Rochdale's supporters trust are not as severe. Plus they aren't being asked to cough up £50k for the privilege.
Lucketti quits on 21:05 - Jan 16 with 2261 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 20:59 - Jan 16 by BURYFC_1885

It's been previously explained to you that due to Forever Bury not giving into Day's ludicrous requests, they no longer have a seat on the board. Therefore, I think it is fair to say communications have broken down between Forever Bury and the club. This results in limited answers from the club regarding pressing issues.

Rochdale's supporters trust simply isn't comparable as there is no ill between club and trust and the nature of the questions posoed by Rochdale's supporters trust are not as severe. Plus they aren't being asked to cough up £50k for the privilege.

I am taking on board what you say and can only reiterate the main point: where, in the public domain/on their website, is this information you state around “limited answers” and about “communications have broken down” and their current stance on the situation as representatives of the supporters?

I get your point completely, mine is where is the substance to illustrate how things are? Please point us to where that is on their website, genuinely may have missed it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lucketti quits on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 2228 views100notout

Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 16 by R11BFC

A bury supporting mate of mine said the tickets were a fiver each and that gave them a "free" raffle ticket - the first prize was a VIP day with Stewart Day. The second prize was 2VIP days with Stewart Day!

Or is that another "event" R11?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024