Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyrille Regis 08:20 - Jan 15 with 3260 viewsjoecooke

Great player in a very good WBA side.RIP

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Cyrille Regis on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 3218 viewsTVOS1907

Absolutely. One of the best players around when I was a lad. And as you say, a very good WBA team that would have lifted silverware had they not come up against the likes of Liverpool and Forest in the late-1970s/early-1980s.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Cyrille Regis on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 3184 viewsBartRowou

Cyrille Regis on 09:13 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

Absolutely. One of the best players around when I was a lad. And as you say, a very good WBA team that would have lifted silverware had they not come up against the likes of Liverpool and Forest in the late-1970s/early-1980s.

Ipswich could have won so much more too were it not for the two red teams and Villa.

Back to Cyrille (great player and pioneer)...

1. Almost certain he played at Spotland for Chester.

2. One of the great games and his goal at the end (5.34) produces my favourite ever piece of commentary from Sinstadt...

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Cyrille Regis on 11:34 - Jan 15 with 3127 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

How did he die?

Read the BBC report which doesn’t mention. 59 is no age.
Cyrille Regis on 11:37 - Jan 15 with 3120 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Cyrille Regis on 11:34 - Jan 15 by Albert_Whitehurst

How did he die?

Read the BBC report which doesn’t mention. 59 is no age.

Heart Attack. RIP Cyrille.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Cyrille Regis on 13:15 - Jan 15 with 3053 viewsD_Alien

West Brom were possibly one of the most entertaining sides never to have won a trophy, although their style of play got Ron Atkinson the job at Old Trafford. Ironic that he was banned from tv commentating (rightly) for racist comments when he'd championed black footballers like Regis, Cunningham & Batson

Cunningham later signed for Real Madrid but died at the age of 33

RIP Cyrille Regis, another untimely death

[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 13:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cyrille Regis on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 3032 viewselectricblue

Good player in his day and to receive a bullit in the post is to much but Cyril just got on with it....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Cyrille Regis on 13:35 - Jan 15 with 3022 viewsmingthemerciless

Len Cantello was from Middleton I think, a pal of mine from Mid used to knock around with him.
The pitch wasn't great but there was some great football played on it in that match.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 13:37]
Cyrille Regis on 13:45 - Jan 15 with 3003 viewschalkyncfc

Wasn't he in the blacks v whites testimonial match back in the day,bloody hell can you imagine the uproar if it was suggested today,I can still remember being amazed that West Brom had three black players when I saw them,genuinely paved the way for others
Login to get fewer ads

Cyrille Regis on 14:26 - Jan 15 with 2972 viewsValleySaddler

Cyrille Regis on 13:45 - Jan 15 by chalkyncfc

Wasn't he in the blacks v whites testimonial match back in the day,bloody hell can you imagine the uproar if it was suggested today,I can still remember being amazed that West Brom had three black players when I saw them,genuinely paved the way for others

The three degrees as named by Ron Atkinson,Laurie Cunningham and Brendon Batson the other two.
Cyrille Regis on 15:19 - Jan 15 with 2941 views1mark1

Yes excellent player for an excellent and entertaining WBA. Very sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Cyrille Regis on 15:36 - Jan 15 with 2918 viewsaleanddale

Great player.....

RIP Big man.
Cyrille Regis on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 2843 viewsDySporting

I saw Regis score a hat trick at Carrow Road in late 1982. Was a superb player. Rip
Cyrille Regis on 18:05 - Jan 15 with 2828 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sad news. Great striker, RIP Cyril.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Cyrille Regis on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 2820 viewsjudd

Very dad news. Mighty fine player. RIP

Poll: What is it to be then?

Cyrille Regis on 18:23 - Jan 15 with 2815 views442Dale

He produced one of the best centre forward displays you're likely to see when Chester beat us at Spotland in November '95. A proper player.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cyrille Regis on 19:39 - Jan 15 with 2778 viewsTVOS1907

Cyrille Regis on 18:23 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

He produced one of the best centre forward displays you're likely to see when Chester beat us at Spotland in November '95. A proper player.

Unfortunately Regis's goal didn't make the cut, but a decent header and reaction by Peake.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Cyrille Regis on 11:28 - Jan 16 with 2630 viewsDiddyDave

Yes that 5-3 win over United was a classic. That was the match that got Brian Robson on United`s shopping list,but from memory they had to settle for Remi Moses first. Think they had to break the transfer record,or close to it to secure Robson`s signature. Great to see another great player,Laurie Cunningham,in that clip.
Cyrille Regis on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 2589 viewsTVOS1907

Cyrille Regis on 11:28 - Jan 16 by DiddyDave

Yes that 5-3 win over United was a classic. That was the match that got Brian Robson on United`s shopping list,but from memory they had to settle for Remi Moses first. Think they had to break the transfer record,or close to it to secure Robson`s signature. Great to see another great player,Laurie Cunningham,in that clip.

Although it was another three years before Robson signed for United.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024