Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! 17:17 - Jan 15 with 26080 viewsChaffRAFC

Bid accepted from Northampton Town apparently.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 12:25 - Jan 17 with 3256 viewsfrenzied

I wish Joe Bunney every success..never saw him hide in any game..not scared of making a mistake ,..great left foot ..suffered excessive crticism at times
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 12:32 - Jan 17 with 3244 viewsDaleiLama

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 10:25 - Jan 17 by 1907

Keith Hill left in the summer, with years remaining on his contract, to a substantially bigger club and owed nothing to anybody.

The same cannot be said of Joe Bunney.

Before his move to LB Hill outright slammed him in the media, had he been released at that point he would have been as quickly out of the leagues as he arrived into them.

This is brings me to my point in relation to how Keith really feels about this transfer & Bunney's attitude towards what was on the table.

From what I'm hearing, Bunney & his agent attempted to put us over a barrel and the club wouldn't rise to it. Interesting that, as of yet, there has been no statement from Hill in the way there was immediately after Williams departure, just a thought!

Aren't all non-vocation workers hired hands? And doesn't the fact that footballers careers are shorter than most make them even more inclined to be swayed by the highest bidder, before agents ever got involved? Yes, he got his biggest break at RAFC. He was then faced with a career choice and made it. It's just like any employee being trained by a good company but moving on for better money - job satisfaction and loyalty come into any decision but remuneration carries a lot of weight. The silver lining in the cloud is his career got a big leg up at Dale. Hopefully others will wish to emulate that and follow in his footsteps
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:41]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 3162 viewsVivaDonaldo

Could easily have been different for Joe;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34313873

Maybe his experience then is in the back of his mind also? Personally, I think he bought into the hype during his purple patch last season that he was the best LB in league 1 and see's himself and Dale heading in different directions as seen in his interview with the local paper.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/bunney-hoping-his-big-decision
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 15:15 - Jan 17 with 2904 viewsrochdaleriddler

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 12:51 - Jan 17 by VivaDonaldo

Could easily have been different for Joe;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34313873

Maybe his experience then is in the back of his mind also? Personally, I think he bought into the hype during his purple patch last season that he was the best LB in league 1 and see's himself and Dale heading in different directions as seen in his interview with the local paper.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/bunney-hoping-his-big-decision

I just see the standard talk new players come out with at their new club, he isn't going to say this is a bit of a retrograde step for me.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 15:50 - Jan 17 with 2842 viewsJimmyRustler

I very much doubt that Joe would have moved had we been in a comfortable mid table position. This begs the question, has Joe accepted that we're down and if so, do those feelings mirror the attitude of the rest of the squad (and perhaps management?)
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:10 - Jan 17 with 2796 viewsrichfoad32

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 15:50 - Jan 17 by JimmyRustler

I very much doubt that Joe would have moved had we been in a comfortable mid table position. This begs the question, has Joe accepted that we're down and if so, do those feelings mirror the attitude of the rest of the squad (and perhaps management?)

Maybe. Maybe it's a simple as Northampton were able to offer him a longer contract on much better money?
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 2785 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 15:50 - Jan 17 by JimmyRustler

I've a feeling his agent/he was trying to hold out for more money regardless of our league position RR
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:29 - Jan 17 with 2729 viewsSuddenLad

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:12 - Jan 17 by nordenblue

I've a feeling his agent/he was trying to hold out for more money regardless of our league position RR

Or.........The club refused to be badgered and bullied into agreeing a deal that wasn't in the best interests of the club. Joe could have gone for bigger all in a few months, so the club has realised one of its' assets whilst it could. Sound business sense.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:58 - Jan 17 with 2662 viewsJimmyRustler

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:12 - Jan 17 by nordenblue

Indeed. It does sound like he was trying to hold the club to ransom somewhat. If that is the case then he's obviously let a decent spell at LB last year go to his head.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 18:14 - Jan 17 with 2556 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 16:58 - Jan 17 by JimmyRustler

Indeed. It does sound like he was trying to hold the club to ransom somewhat. If that is the case then he's obviously let a decent spell at LB last year go to his head.

Reading the Northampton article it does come across as usual footballer dross. Having said that they are signing a lot of players, he mentions ambition but also thanks dale for his chance. I don’t doubt he will be on more money and 2.5 years is great for him. Bet we offered a year extension on same money.

I wish him well. He was crap at times but got better and deserved his move. Who have we signed to make us confident of staying up? Lincoln broken toy someone my dons decided not to compete for in reality. Also extended contracts of 3 players who would never attract any offer off a l1 club.

Maybe we have loaned hornets the hogan funds, won’t be the first time. But why are we supposedly skint???

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 18:23 - Jan 17 with 2515 viewsJimmyRustler

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 18:14 - Jan 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Reading the Northampton article it does come across as usual footballer dross. Having said that they are signing a lot of players, he mentions ambition but also thanks dale for his chance. I don’t doubt he will be on more money and 2.5 years is great for him. Bet we offered a year extension on same money.

I wish him well. He was crap at times but got better and deserved his move. Who have we signed to make us confident of staying up? Lincoln broken toy someone my dons decided not to compete for in reality. Also extended contracts of 3 players who would never attract any offer off a l1 club.

Maybe we have loaned hornets the hogan funds, won’t be the first time. But why are we supposedly skint???

I would honestly like to think we offered him a longer contract than that considering the contracts we've already extended (as you've previously alluded to).

I also think that he would be on virtual peanuts compared to most other 'senior' players and so it would have been a travesty if the new offer didn't represent a financial improvement for the lad.

As for the money...who knows?
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 2435 viewslove_the_dale

Re "But why are we supposedly skint??? "

Don't we still owe the council nearly half a million?
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 12:23 - Jan 19 with 2140 viewsDaleiLama

Comments from Keith. Clicking on the tweet opens the story.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 12:24]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 1735 viewsDaley_Lama

Cobblers 1up through O’Toole.

Assist: Joe Bunney

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024