Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! 17:17 - Jan 15 with 26081 viewsChaffRAFC

Bid accepted from Northampton Town apparently.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:38 - Jan 16 with 2259 viewsscarrow

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:08 - Jan 16 by TVOS1907

That he was out of contract in six months and has been unwilling to sign a new deal.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:08]

Rumours have floated around for a while that he was unlikely to sign a new deal. Cashing in makes sense.

I wonder if the new arrival gif will appear on twitter before the weeks out.

Poll: Final position

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:43 - Jan 16 with 2236 viewsRAFC_1990

I must admit I'm a little sad to see Joe go, Always liked him, his effort was always there and he genuinely looked like he really cared and was privileged to play for Rochdale AFC, I wish him well.

From our perspective I think its absolutely terrible business, yes he was likely to leave in the summer but were not sat on a high valued asset in Joe Bunney. For the money we would have got (50k max?) I would rather him here whipping balls in and giving us at least a fighting chance instead of going and improving one of our direct competitors right now. No doubt he will go there and have a fantastic 2nd half to the season and keep the Cobblers up.

However if Joe no longer wanted to buy into what we are doing and this move is going to help finance us strengthening in a way we wouldn't have been able to had we not sold him then it makes sense.

But this is Rochdale and no doubt we wont bring anyone in and we will sell Camps too and theres only so much a fan base can take. We are without doubt in the best financial situation we have ever been and although I'm not saying lets be completely reckless but lets at least not just think about the money every single time. Let go out there and actually make a few positive signings, I'm not saying break the bank or push the budget too far but lets actually do something positive and make a real good crack at staying up and that for me would make me proud to be a Rochdale fan and keep me coming back for more, because if we were to sell Camps too (For a pittance, not that it matters as we never see it anyway) and not bring anyone in of note I just dont know how much I could handle it.

There has got to be a fine line between being a sensible run club and just being a joke club that just exists to feed players to other clubs. We cant have 20/30/40+ years of shite and selling people then run into a bit of money and show a bit of ambition for 3 months and as soon as it all goes a bit bad just retreat any ambition and sell up shop.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:43]

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:49 - Jan 16 with 2190 viewsD_Alien

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:43 - Jan 16 by RAFC_1990

I must admit I'm a little sad to see Joe go, Always liked him, his effort was always there and he genuinely looked like he really cared and was privileged to play for Rochdale AFC, I wish him well.

From our perspective I think its absolutely terrible business, yes he was likely to leave in the summer but were not sat on a high valued asset in Joe Bunney. For the money we would have got (50k max?) I would rather him here whipping balls in and giving us at least a fighting chance instead of going and improving one of our direct competitors right now. No doubt he will go there and have a fantastic 2nd half to the season and keep the Cobblers up.

However if Joe no longer wanted to buy into what we are doing and this move is going to help finance us strengthening in a way we wouldn't have been able to had we not sold him then it makes sense.

But this is Rochdale and no doubt we wont bring anyone in and we will sell Camps too and theres only so much a fan base can take. We are without doubt in the best financial situation we have ever been and although I'm not saying lets be completely reckless but lets at least not just think about the money every single time. Let go out there and actually make a few positive signings, I'm not saying break the bank or push the budget too far but lets actually do something positive and make a real good crack at staying up and that for me would make me proud to be a Rochdale fan and keep me coming back for more, because if we were to sell Camps too (For a pittance, not that it matters as we never see it anyway) and not bring anyone in of note I just dont know how much I could handle it.

There has got to be a fine line between being a sensible run club and just being a joke club that just exists to feed players to other clubs. We cant have 20/30/40+ years of shite and selling people then run into a bit of money and show a bit of ambition for 3 months and as soon as it all goes a bit bad just retreat any ambition and sell up shop.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:43]

Agree with every word you say, but in all honesty, who'd be willing to sign for us who we could regard as a "positive signing"? *

That's not being negative, i don't think. It's just looking at how a player (or his agent) who could make a real difference to us would view our situation. If KH can pull a few strings then great, but it's more with hope than expectation

* the exception being someone like COG, though as we've seen, not everyone would regard that as positive

[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:49 - Jan 16 with 2189 viewsCamdenDale

A talented player so it's a loss. Just over a year ago, before he got injured, he was an unlikely talisman at left back, a masterstroke by KH, and we were looking to the top of the table after a great run. His delivery into the box was sublime.

Won't attempt to put this into any kind of context i.e. where the club are set right now. Out of contract in the summer so any fee is okay I suppose. Good luck to him.

N.B. Will be at Millwall and looking forward to it.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:54 - Jan 16 with 2143 viewsJimmyRustler

I would most certainly give Nthle a go at LWB because for me, Done has lost the large majority of his pace now and won't be as much of a threat in role as he was a few years ago
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:55 - Jan 16 with 2139 viewsboromat

I suppose we need to make up for the loss of money through season ticket sales so every little counts. Shame to lose Joe but it looks like we've decided to start again with this squad. I can see a full clear out of players in the summer. I just hope we don't make any rash signings in January if it's someone just to get us out of this predicament let's only give them the 6 month contract.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Gimps all time eleven on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 2121 viewskiwidale

Gimps all time eleven on 18:56 - Jan 16 by kiwidale

Gimps all time eleven

GK Shite
RB Pudding
LB Donkey
RH Hopeless
CH Worse
LH Shithouse
RW Gash
IR Carthorse
CF Stump
IL Bellend
OL Lardarse
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 18:58]

Gimps all time eleven

GK Shite
RB Pudding
LB Donkey
RH Hopeless
CH Worse
LH Shithouse
RW Gash
IR Carthorse
CF Stump
IL Bellend
OL Lardarse

In a late change Uttershite is in for Shithouse

This is not the time for bickering.

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 2116 viewsTVOS1907

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:09 - Jan 16 by rochdaleriddler

I know he's staring at me in the kitchen

He's in my bedroom, as it were.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:01 - Jan 16 with 2096 viewsrochdaleriddler

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 19:08 - Jan 16 by TVOS1907

That he was out of contract in six months and has been unwilling to sign a new deal.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 19:08]

I said if camps goes as well, it would be a sign that the club has accepted relegation. If he does go what do you think that says

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:03 - Jan 16 with 2086 viewsTVOS1907

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:01 - Jan 16 by rochdaleriddler

I said if camps goes as well, it would be a sign that the club has accepted relegation. If he does go what do you think that says

That's the market we are in, unfortunately.

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:12 - Jan 16 with 2045 viewsShun

A Northampton fan on Facebook says the bid we turned down last week was £150,000. Nice deal if we've got more than that but I highly doubt it!
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:21 - Jan 16 with 2003 viewsIknoweverything

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 18:50 - Jan 16 by rochdaleriddler

What does it show then?

That you’re an imbecile.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:28 - Jan 16 with 1967 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:12 - Jan 16 by Shun

A Northampton fan on Facebook says the bid we turned down last week was £150,000. Nice deal if we've got more than that but I highly doubt it!

It won't be anywhere near that figure, this transfer suits all parties, there's more involved im lead to believe
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:29 - Jan 16 with 1961 viewsIknoweverything

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:28 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

It won't be anywhere near that figure, this transfer suits all parties, there's more involved im lead to believe

Do share. I could do with a laugh.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:31 - Jan 16 with 1946 viewsrochdaleriddler

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:21 - Jan 16 by Iknoweverything

That you’re an imbecile.

Childish tosser

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:31 - Jan 16 with 1947 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:29 - Jan 16 by Iknoweverything

Do share. I could do with a laugh.

You already know everything?
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:31 - Jan 16 with 1937 viewsSuddenLad

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 17:11 - Jan 16 by rochdaleriddler

He wasn't part of the dead wood that needed shifting, if camps goes as well that shows the club has accepted relegation

No it doesn't

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:32 - Jan 16 with 1933 viewsIknoweverything

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:31 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

You already know everything?

I know about this. So that’s why I’m interested to hear what you have to say.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:32 - Jan 16 by Iknoweverything

If you already know what is there to tell you then?
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:34 - Jan 16 with 1911 viewskiwidale

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:32 - Jan 16 by Iknoweverything

Hi Russ

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:35 - Jan 16 with 1910 views442Dale

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:28 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

Where is there any info on there being more to it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:36 - Jan 16 with 1900 viewsIknoweverything

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:33 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

If you already know what is there to tell you then?

How about the wrong end of the stick?

Depending on what you say, I might also know where the info came from, which would also be interesting.
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:36 - Jan 16 with 1888 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:34 - Jan 16 by kiwidale

Hi Russ

You may be closer than you think...
Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:38 - Jan 16 with 1874 viewsTVOS1907

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:31 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

No it doesn't

Hey, SL, I've already said that!

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:42 - Jan 16 with 1840 viewskiwidale

Joe Bunney - what a load of Cobblers! on 20:36 - Jan 16 by nordenblue

You may be closer than you think...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024